Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

First Look at the New Disney Cruise Line Halloween Pumpkin Trees

posted on July 17th, 2014 by Christiaan Abbott, Cruise Director

Ahoy! As a Cruise Director, I am surrounded by top-notch entertainment and events aboard our ships all year long. But even I was completely blown away last fall during our inaugural Halloween on the High Seas cruises aboard the Disney Dream! One of my favorite features was definitely the giant Pumpkin Tree that towered over the atrium lobby, which I want to tell you more about today … and give you an exclusive sneak peek at the spooky sketches for the Pumpkin Trees coming to the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder and Disney Fantasy.

PTP697631

That’s right … We are bringing the ghoulish fun of Halloween on the High Seas to all four ships, which means each lobby will have its very own Pumpkin Tree! Halloween fun is always part of a the excitement of a Disney cruise in October, but for the first time ever, beginning in September we are offering everyone the extra-special celebration that premiered on the Disney Dream last year. (To learn more about our Halloween on the High Seas cruises, check out the 7 Reasons Halloween is Better on the High Seas video Jonathan shared last week.)

Our Pumpkin Trees are inspired by Ray Bradbury’s classic tale about the traditions of Halloween, “The Halloween Tree.” During every sailing, the trees magically transform from eerie and barren into the life of the party, with sprouting Jack-O-Lanterns, flickering lights and a booming voice. Each Pumpkin Tree is tended to by a mysterious caretaker, who tells stories of the haunted holiday as guests gather in the ghostly shadow of the tree.

What makes our Pumpkin Trees even more magical is that each one has its own unique look and personality, so guests have something different to look forward to aboard every ship. We’re planting the seeds for these trees right now, but our team shared concept art that I thought you’d enjoy seeing. Here’s a first look at the frighteningly friendly faces that you will meet aboard our haunted Halloween voyages this fall:

PTS744434

Which ship’s magical Pumpkin Tree will you see rooted this fall? If it’s the Disney Dream, I’ll see you then!

Filed: Disney Cruise Line

8 Comments Add Yours

Luana on July 17th, 2014 at 9:46 am

Will the Halloween decorations be up for the TCM cruise on The Magic? Leaving Oct 21, from Port Canaveral

Sarah on July 17th, 2014 at 10:51 am

I’m sailing on my first Disney Cruise on the Dream September 7. Will the Halloween on the High Seas festivities have started for that cruise? I couldn’t tell by looking at the itinerary.

Daniela from ON on July 17th, 2014 at 11:01 am

Here are the dates:

Ship Sail Dates
Disney Magic September 27, 2014 – October 26, 2014
Disney Wonder September 26, 2014 – October 31, 2014
Disney Dream September 07, 2014 – October 31, 2014
Disney Fantasy September 06, 2014 – October 25, 2014

Eric on July 17th, 2014 at 11:03 am

Here are the dates for the Halloween on the High Seas. If you’re on the Dream, the luckey you!

Disney Magic

September 27, 2014 – October 26, 2014

Disney Wonder

September 26, 2014 – October 31, 2014

Disney Dream

September 07, 2014 – October 31, 2014

Disney Fantasy

September 06, 2014 – October 25, 2014

Ruth on July 17th, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Christiaan – I hope we can see you again! My family sailed on the Wonder when you were Cruise Director a few years ago! We will be sailing aboard the Dream on the October 23 sailing – and my kids have NO CLUE we are going – they won’t know until we pull into the port! I am so excited to show them all the awesome Halloween activities in store for them. It’s really hard to keep it a secret, but it will be SOOO worth it! Hope to see you in October!

Eric on July 17th, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Ruth, we will be on that one too! Super excited for my son to experience Halloween aboard a Disney ship! Plus two days at Castaway Cay. :)

Skip from FL on July 17th, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Welcome to the blog Mr. Christiaan!

Jacqueline from Middlesex on July 18th, 2014 at 5:27 am

I am on the fantasy western the week before this starts will the tree go up early?

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.