Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Haunted Mansion-Themed Merchandise Shop Opening This Fall in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on July 28th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

HHM996611

I’ve enjoyed hearing from guests who are just as excited as me for the new Haunted Mansion products coming this fall to Disney Parks. As it turns out, Madame Leota and the 999 happy haunts from the Haunted Mansion attraction have also received your sympathetic vibrations. This fall, they are gathering to open a new merchandise destination in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom Park in Florida.

The new merchandise shop will be located in the current Yankee Trader shop, which will have its last day of operation on July 27, 2014. Inspired by Madame Leota, the new location will carry select items from the upcoming Haunted Mansion Authentic program including apparel, home goods, souvenirs, and more.

Final arrangements are still being made, so I invite you to keep watching the Disney Parks Blog in the coming months. I can’t wait to share additional details about this new destination for all things Haunted Mansion.

For more on merchandise inspired by the Haunted Mansion at Disney Parks, visit the links below:

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

34 Comments 18 Replies Add Yours

Nicole on July 28th, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Do you mean August 27 for the closing of Yankee? Today’s July 28th and you wrote that it closes on the 27th.

Steven Miller on July 28th, 2014 at 4:55 pm

@Nicole – The last day of operation for the shop was yesterday, July 27. Look for the new shop to open later this fall. I submitted the story mid-last week but we published the other Haunted Mansion merchandise stories first:

Diana on July 28th, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Why must they do this to me when I have no Disney trip planned any time soon?! Aghhh. But sounds great! Hopefully I’ll be able to go next yr though

Andrew on July 28th, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Was I the only one to feel a chill at the words “final arrangements are still being made”?

Steven Miller on July 28th, 2014 at 4:56 pm

@Andrew – Ha!! I’m glad I’m not the only one who knows the attraction script in his sleep. :)

Mollie from MI on July 28th, 2014 at 4:13 pm

I am so excited! I knew this had to happen soon! GREAT news since I just booked my flight for our November trip!

Steven Miller on July 28th, 2014 at 4:56 pm

@Mollie – Outstanding! I hope you have a great trip. November is a wonderful time to visit Walt Disney World Resort.

Ronald on July 28th, 2014 at 4:20 pm

shut up and take my money!

Nicole on July 28th, 2014 at 4:37 pm

@Nicole on July 28th, 2014 at 4:04 pm – the Yankee Trader webpage shows that they are currently closed for enhancements. :) From: Nicole on July 28th, 2014 at 4:38 pm

George on July 28th, 2014 at 4:39 pm

I just cheked the store on My Disney Experience, and can confirm the Yankee Trader is closed as there are no times available for today. And there is a disclaimer stating it is currently closed enhancements.

Steven Miller on July 28th, 2014 at 5:25 pm

@Nicole and George – You are correct. The last day of operation was yesterday, July 27. The new shop is going to be incredible! Just wait :)

Anthony on July 28th, 2014 at 4:42 pm

That is great news, I can’t wait! I will be visiting Disney World once again in mid October for the food & wine festival and I hope the new store will be open by then, I’ve already made a list of the new Haunted mansion items that will be released they look fantastic and can’t wait to add them to my collection. Thank you as always for keeping us Disney collectors posted.
Anthony

Steven Miller on July 28th, 2014 at 5:26 pm

@Anthony – You’re welcome. I know I’m just as excited to share the news. The teams have done an outstanding job! Let’s talk, however, about something else I love … the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival!!! I can’t wait :)

Hannah on July 28th, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I really hope this shop is open in late August! Although I may have to buy everything in it…

Nicholas on July 28th, 2014 at 5:36 pm

This is incredibly exciting! Haunted Mansion is my FAVORITE attraction and I think this new addition will bring me, and others, “goulish delight,” as they say!

Steven Miller on July 28th, 2014 at 10:13 pm

@Nicholas – From the little details I’ve seen, you are going to love this destination. :)

Cory from AB on July 28th, 2014 at 5:44 pm

I know you probably can’t say (and maybe don’t even know), but it would certainly work out very well if it was open by the beginning of September, when my new wife and I are taking our honeymoon at Disney World… Then the only obstacle would be convincing her that everyday is Halloween!

Steven Miller on July 28th, 2014 at 10:14 pm

@Cory – How wonderful!! Congratulations. I hope you both have an amazing time. I’m very happy for you. As for shop opening, I unfortunately do not have a confirmed date at this point. Stay tuned in the coming months for additional details.

Patricia on July 28th, 2014 at 7:07 pm

FINALLY!!!! The one attraction that has always needed it’s own dedicated gift shop! Thank you, Disney!

We are so looking forward to all the new HM merchandise. It has been sorely lacking for way too long. The new items look fantastic! Very creative and unique stuff coming our way. Can’t wait!

Vincent on July 28th, 2014 at 7:14 pm

How about doing something like this in Anaheim? It’s really hard to find good HM themed products at Disneyland. I would love to get my hands on some of the wares…

Steven Miller on July 28th, 2014 at 10:17 pm

@Vincent – You’ll be happy to hear that some of the new apparel items have started arriving at Disneyland Resort (check the shop in New Orleans Square). You can see many other items coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts here:

There will also be some wonderful collectibles for the 45th Anniversary of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland park as seen in this story:

david on July 28th, 2014 at 7:58 pm

AHHHHHHH, Steven…..THERE you are! This is very exciting, and long awaited, news! All of us FOOLISH MORTALS have been waiting for a place to make our final arrangements before joining our Happy Haunts in the spirit world! No doubt you will be able to purchase your Death Certificate and find a few things to keep your HitchHiking Ghost feeling at Home! I’m sure that the Disney Imagineers have consulted the Grim Grinning Ghosts on their choice of decor for the shop and hopefully invited a few over to play with the guests as they shop! What a Devilishly Delightful thought! And that leaves us with one Chilling Challenge….to find a way out without going over budget! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Of course, theres always MY way…..double your budget! Thanks again for making my day! This is going to be FUN! Your HM Pal, David

Steven Miller on July 28th, 2014 at 10:18 pm

@David – Ha ha ha ha!! Thanks for the laugh. I’m glad to hear of your excitement. The destination will be pretty amazing when done.

Tracy on July 28th, 2014 at 9:28 pm

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me this will be open for the first MNSSHP in September.

Steven Miller on July 29th, 2014 at 10:52 am

@Tracy – At this point, I don’t have a confirmed opening date. I know it’s coming in a few months.

Kristen on July 28th, 2014 at 9:30 pm

I seriously could not be any happier about this new store! I have always thought HM needed it’s own store. I will be there in December to buy the new Dooney & Bourke Haunted Mansion purse!

Andrew from TX on July 28th, 2014 at 9:42 pm

So will the crystal ball in the picture be available in the new shop?

Steven Miller on July 29th, 2014 at 10:53 am

@Andrew – It’s a new collectibles item and I love it! It should be offered in this new location (and at select Disneyland Resort locations) in the coming months.

Denise from IA on July 28th, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Is it wrong to plan a trip to WDW just to go to one shop? I’m so excited about all the new merchandise!

Steven Miller on July 29th, 2014 at 10:54 am

@Denise – Well, I’ve done something similar before so go for it! :)

Alex from CA on July 29th, 2014 at 3:11 am

My oh my Steven, you work late. Thanks for your…’dead’-ication. Since you submitted the story mid-last week, do you know an approximate date for this awakening?

Steven Miller on July 29th, 2014 at 11:01 am

@Alex – Thanks! The nice part about the internet is that it’s everywhere :) Unfortunately, I don’t have a confirmed date. Since the previous location just closed, it will take some time to magically transform it to the new shop. Stay tuned as I’ll share more details once known. :)

Ashley on July 29th, 2014 at 8:29 am

Fingers are more than crossed for early September! My husband, son, and I are coming down for Mickeys Not Scary! I would think Disney would want it open for the parties but that’s just me being hopeful :)

Cannot wait, it looks amazing! I want pretty much everything listed so my husband is in a bit of trouble!

Samantha on July 29th, 2014 at 10:15 am

I too am hoping for an early September opening, or at least by the 12th? We’re going the 7-12th and I know my brother would want everything in the store!

Philip on July 29th, 2014 at 11:54 am

With the Yankee Trader being converted into Haunted Mansion merchandise headquarters, will they be changing the shop’s name as well?

Steven Miller on July 29th, 2014 at 1:42 pm

@Philip – Stay tuned for additional details in the coming months.

Heather on July 29th, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Fantastic!! But….Are the available HM items going to be offered at another location in the interim? Thanks! :)

Steven Miller on July 29th, 2014 at 1:43 pm

@Heather – There are a few select items arriving now at Disneyland park (specifically New Orleans Square) in anticipation for the 45th Anniversary of the attraction on August 9. As for Walt Disney World Resort, you won’t see many of the items arrive until later.

Kristyn from FL on July 29th, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I am full of Ghoulish Delight at this news! Will you being getting skus for this merchandise for us foolish mortals that don’t have Disney vacation plans for the rest of the year? I would love to order ALL of it for my new house. We are even putting in Demon wallpaper in our new house to guarantee wall to wall creeps :)

Steven Miller on July 29th, 2014 at 5:27 pm

@Kristyn – I’m glad to hear of your excitement. At this point, I don’t have access to all of the item numbers. As you can imagine, there are many new things coming which would be difficult to list in this article. Look for future stories featuring additional items coming to this location, select shops at Disneyland Resort and the online store.

George on July 29th, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Thanks Steven for the great article! So at Disneyland, on 8/9 there will be some new merchandise, and then will more will be added on 8/16 for the anniversary?

Steven Miller on July 29th, 2014 at 5:30 pm

@George – You’re welcome. Items will continue to arrive at Disneyland Resort in the coming weeks and months. I’m unsure at this point which items may be there around August 9 (as it will depending upon delivery schedule, etc).

As noted, there will be a special artist event on August 16. In case readers missed it, some details are shared in Michelle Harker’s story: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/07/the-art-of-haunted-mansion-45th-anniversary-collectibles-at-the-disneyland-resort/

Rachael on July 30th, 2014 at 6:26 am

Soooo ecstatic for this move…. it took so long. Now we need a Haunted Mansion themed resort. I am completely serious. Steve – if you have any favors you can call in, this would be the time. Please pass this idea along to the appropriate people that could turn this desperate dream into reality. Also, a Tower of Terror themed resort would also be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration. Love Disney!!!

Jack on July 30th, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Love the announcement! My family is coming down at the end of September, hopefully this will be open. I’ve been saying everyone else can ride whatever, see whatever with my niece for her first trip down, but this uncle is taking her on the Mansion for the first time!

Adam on August 1st, 2014 at 4:58 pm

I miss Madame Leota’s cart, so I am glad that she is opening her own permanent shop. I can’t wait to see it when my wife and I come down in October. My bank account is going to hate me with all of the new merchandise coming. :)

Jamie on August 4th, 2014 at 3:52 pm

It’s about time! I’m so excited for the new shop, and I can’t wait to visit again! Thanks for the article! :)

Charlie from UK on August 5th, 2014 at 2:26 pm

This is basically the best idea ever. Visiting the Haunted Mansion is such a special thing for me, and now I have even more opportunities to fill my house with weird and fiendish items. Joy!

Nicholas on August 11th, 2014 at 8:09 pm

I had heard that the shop was supposed to open mid to late September. THis would make sense with all of the new merch coming, but I now just read that it won’t be open until the new year. Any official word? Thanks.

Steven Miller on August 14th, 2014 at 7:51 pm

@Nicholas – Interesting. I’m unsure where you read that the shop will open in the new year. The official word is that it’s coming this fall. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for additional details about the shop. The Disney Parks Blog is a great resource for official information :)

Jon on August 19th, 2014 at 6:11 pm

I would really like to see this when it opens. I’m trying to get out to Florida at Christmas this year.
On a side note does anyone know if they will ever release something similar to the Haunted House Hitchhiking ghosts that you can put in the yard. When do they release info on new limited items like that?

Anonymous on September 17th, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Steven, I read that THM will be closed in early December for refurbishments. Will the gift shop be closed then, too? Thanks.

Elizabeth on October 13th, 2014 at 8:00 pm

It’s open! The new Haunted Mansion gift shop, Memento Mori, opened at the WDW Magic Kingdom last week. Lots of cool new stuff!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.