'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Packages for 2014 Candlelight Processional at Epcot On Sale Today

posted on July 8th, 2014 by Charles Stovall, Public Relations Manager

I know. I know … talking about the holidays in July is a little early, but I love the holidays at Walt Disney World Resort.

And one of my favorite events of the entire year is the Candlelight Processional at Epcot.

CLP870631

Today, guests can start booking their Candlelight Processional Dining Packages. This is great for you early planners since the event starts the night after Thanksgiving (November 28) and runs through December 30.

We also have a partial list of celebrity narrators including Candlelight veterans Whoopi Goldberg and Jodi Benson, and two fabulous new narrators – Academy-Award-winning actress Sharon Stone and Saturday Night Live alum Ana Gasteyer.

For those of you unfamiliar with the event, it’s a gorgeous re-telling of the Christmas story with a celebrity narrator each night and seasonal music from a massed choir and huge orchestra. The event started at Disneyland park in the 1958 with Walt Disney himself. At Walt Disney World Resort, it’s presented at the America Gardens Theater at Epcot, a beautiful venue, especially when all decked out for the holidays.

I’ve had the honor of being in the cast choir – you know the folks in the green Christmas tree robes – for six years. I thought it was a magical experience watching this program. Little did I know that being on stage, a part of it, would be even more. I’ve had a chance to sing along side actors like Neil Patrick Harris and Gary Sinise, and gospel legends like Amy Grant and Steven Curtis Chapman, who is back again this year.

Here is a partial list of celebrity narrators:

• Jodi Benson – 11/28 – 11/29
  • TBD – 11/30 – 12/2
  • TBD – 12/3 – 12/4
  • Whoopi Goldberg – 12/5 – 12/6
  • TBD – 12/7* – 12/8
  • TBD – 12/9 – 12/11
  • TBD – 12/12 – 12/14
  • Sharon Stone (New) – 12/15 – 12/17
  • Ana Gasteyer (New) – 12/18 – 12/20
  • Marlee Matlin – 12/21 – 12/23
  • TBD – 12/24 – 12/25
  • TBD – 12/26 – 12/27
  • Steven Curtis Chapman – 12/28 – 12/30

Narrators are subject to change without notice. – Show Times are at 5 p.m., 6:45 p.m. & 8:15 p.m. each night. *Show Times on December 7 are 6:45 p.m. & 8:15 p.m. only

Candlelight Processional Dining Packages, available on select days, start at $35 for lunch and $50 for dinner for adults, include a delicious meal at an Epcot restaurant and a guaranteed seat for one of the Candlelight Processional performances. Note: Availability is limited. Guests can call 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463) or book online at www.disneyworld.com/holidays.

Keep checking back to the Disney Parks Blog for updates on the Celebrity Narrator list and other fun holidays stuff.

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

17 Comments 7 Replies Add Yours

Ryan on July 8th, 2014 at 10:15 am

So excited to book this! Can you tell me what dining times correspond to each show time?

Charles Stovall on July 8th, 2014 at 12:57 pm

UPDATE: Here’s more info for most restaurants. For the 5 p.m. show, dining times will be from 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. For the 6:45 p.m. show, dining times will be from 3:30 – 4:15 p.m. And for the 8:15 p.m. show, dining times will be from 4:20 – 5:45 p.m.

Tadara on July 8th, 2014 at 10:24 am

Hello! I need some clarification. Your article indicates pre-arranged fireworks viewing. However, this in no longer listed on the main Disney website & Dining CMs have stated that this is no longer included. Please advise. Thank!

BTW- I booked my dining package this morning. Woo-hoo!

Charles Stovall on July 8th, 2014 at 10:44 am

Tadara, Congrats on booking your package. Candlelight packages do not include fireworks viewing this year. Sorry for the confusion.

Daniel on July 8th, 2014 at 10:47 am

It’s great that this can be booked online – but my Dining package reservation doesn’t show which performance I’ll be attending.

Micheala from Lincolnshire on July 8th, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Yes, super to book online, especially as I am in the UK but I would like to know which performance I need to line up for. Any idea when we find out?

Charles Stovall on July 8th, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Vern from OH on July 8th, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I’ve been checking the Disney Blog daily for the last several weeks waiting for this announcement so I could make my reservation as soon as possible. Thanks for the information! The booking window for the 5 pm show starts at least an hour earlier according to the online reservation system. I made a 1:15 pm reservation, but could have also selected as early as 12:45.

Pete on July 8th, 2014 at 1:13 pm

So when are more names going to be announced?

Charles Stovall on July 9th, 2014 at 10:17 am

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog and we will post them here when we can.

Micheala from Lincolnshire on July 8th, 2014 at 1:24 pm

We were given a 12.30 booking. Hopefully that will be for the 5pm show then. But I do hope at some stage we get told for certain!

Robert on July 8th, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Absolutely love the Candlelight Processional each year. Excited for Sharon Stone and German Sausage at the Biergarten Restaurant.

Julie from IA on July 8th, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Charles – a bit of clarification on the show times as Dining CMs are telling us via phone if the reservation is after 4:15 then it is the late show. Your notes below state clearly that it is 4:30 – can you please clarify?

Gail on July 8th, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Any info about Candlelight for Disneyland?

Douglas on July 8th, 2014 at 4:07 pm

I have a CP reservation for 1:30 (lunch) Biergarten, but you mention the times as beginning at 1:45. I hope I’m okay with this reservation. The confirmation appears as I am. As another mentioned prior, I wish there was confirmation of the CP show you are confirmed for.

Charles Stovall on July 9th, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Tamara from IL on July 8th, 2014 at 5:02 pm

I would also like to know the prices of each restaurant. I am fairly sure that most restaurants are going to be priced higher than $35 for lunch or $50 for dinner, yet online booking does not include specifics for each restaurant either. A list would be nice, to help us make decisions.

Laura from CA on July 8th, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Yes, I am also wondering about Candlelight for Disneyland…do you have any info on that? If not, where can I look? Thanks.

Charles Stovall on July 9th, 2014 at 10:15 am

We don’t have any information about the Candlelight Processional at Disneyland just yet. But stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog and we will post it here when we can.

Christy on July 8th, 2014 at 9:49 pm

How long is the show?

Charles Stovall on July 9th, 2014 at 10:14 am

The show is about 45 minutes long. It’s spectacular!

Sarah on July 10th, 2014 at 8:23 am

Thank you for posting all of this great information Charles! We just booked the package (Biergarten for lunch!) Looking forward to seeing Steven Curtis Chapman for the first time this year. Will you be singing again this year?

Natalie on July 10th, 2014 at 11:51 am

I would absolutely love to be a part of the choir someday… Anyone know if there is an audition process or if this is just for those who are already cast members? Hope to see the procession again soon! :)

allison on July 19th, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I am very excited but I am waiting for the Disneyland days. Any idea as to when we will hear about their days for the Candlelight Ceremony?

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.