Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Showing My Disney Side Using Rapid Printing Technology at D-Tech on Demand in Marketplace Co-Op

posted on July 18th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

DTECHO124555

For the past few months, I’ve been sharing many details about my favorite new shopping destination at Walt Disney World Resort – the Marketplace Co-Op in Downtown Disney Marketplace. Containing six different boutiques, this location serves as our testing space for new products, retail concepts and guest experiences. I think my favorite boutique inside the shop is D-Tech on Demand as it combines rapid printing technology with great artwork to create personalized electronic accessories for guests. I recently spoke with merchandiser Kevin-Michael Lezotte to get the inside scoop on how D-Tech on Demand works.

Currently, we offer cases for the following phones – iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5S, iPhone 5C, Samsung Galaxy SIII and Samsung Galaxy S4.

I loved watching how quickly cases are printed as the team can print several cases at one time. The printer uses UV ink which dries immediately and requires no cooling time. As soon as my case was finished, I covered my mobile phone.

DTECHO374666

Kevin-Michael shared that it’s easy to add additional designs to the D-Tech on Demand system. We recently introduced 12 new designs featuring characters from Disney’s “Frozen.” Four of those designs are only found at the Marketplace Co-Op as seen in the image above.

Fans of Disney Villains, Donald Duck, Pluto, Figment, or Chip and Dale should look for additional artwork being added to the location later this summer.

I would love to see which case you select. Use #DisneySide if you share an image of your phone case on a social network like Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

23 Comments 13 Replies Add Yours

Michelle on July 18th, 2014 at 9:08 am

Awesome!! I’ve had a hard time finding cases for the Samsung Galaxy S4…so this is great!! Will it still be available in September(next trip is in 50 days!!)?

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2014 at 11:23 am

@Michelle – Yes! D-Tech on Demand will be there in September. I hope you have a great trip. :)

Carol on July 18th, 2014 at 9:20 am

How fun! So many choices! Will they be adding the Samsung Galaxy S5 soon to the list of phones that the cases will fit?

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2014 at 11:24 am

@Carol – I don’t know of specific plans yet the ability to add things is a possibility. That is one thing I love about this technology – the opportunity add and change as new things are introduced. Stay tuned.

Ryan on July 18th, 2014 at 9:46 am

Is there any cases for the Rescuers?

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2014 at 11:25 am

@Ryan – I don’t know of any Rescuers artwork at this point.

Kyle on July 18th, 2014 at 9:54 am

I can’t wait to try this myself. Any plans to open this up to iPad’s Steve? I would love to have a case for it.

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2014 at 11:25 am

@Kyle – Custom iPad cases are not an option at this point.

Stephen on July 18th, 2014 at 10:17 am

Do they have one for Figment or Dreamfinder?

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2014 at 11:26 am

@Stephen – Figment artwork will be added in the coming weeks.

Kasie on July 18th, 2014 at 10:41 am

:( No love for the HTC One. Oh Well I hope they expand this printer tech to other devices like say the magic band…. We can dream right.

Leslie from FL on July 18th, 2014 at 11:26 am

So glad to hear that Villains are coming!!!! Hopefully a great Evil Queen, Maleficent, Ursula… all the Divas!

RACHEL on July 18th, 2014 at 11:35 am

Will this be available in Downtown Disney at Disneyland at any point in the future?

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2014 at 2:50 pm

@Rachel – At this point, I don’t know of immediate plans for D-Tech on Demand at Disneyland Resort. The Marketplace Co-Op is a location where we can test and try new retail shop concepts. Since the shop is brand new, we are learning much about having a dedicated place to make custom phone cases. Once some time has passed, we can evaluate potential other locations. I know the response has been outstanding from our Guests. :)

Stephanie from FL on July 18th, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Love the D-Tech on demand concept! My phone always has to have some sort of Disney case on it! Do you know if you’re able to choose the color of the bumper when customizing? I had a Frozen case with the white bumper, but it got so dirty so quick, I had to switch to a Disney case with a black bumper.

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2014 at 3:10 pm

@Stephanie – Depending upon availability, you should be able to select your bumper color when making your phone case.

Mark on July 18th, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I already have a black outer case on my phone that fits nice. Can this be removed and printed or do you have to buy the specific case offered by Disney?

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2014 at 3:11 pm

@Mark – There really isn’t a way to print on an existing case you already own. These cases are designed by you and printed in the shop while you wait. I’ve used several of the D-Tech on Demand cases for years and have enjoyed them.

Todd from CA on July 18th, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Disneyland would be great…any udpates ? How about for the Galaxy S2 ?

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2014 at 3:12 pm

@Todd – I don’t have any specific updates at this point for Disneyland Resort. I know that the location is brand new so we are evaluating the shop. Once some time has passed, the team can consider next steps. I don’t know of any plans for cases for the Galaxy S2. Sorry.

Catherine on July 18th, 2014 at 12:48 pm

I have a couple questions please? Are the cases a rubberized slip on or a plastic snap together? Also, is there somewhere we can go on the internet to see all the designs available? Thank you :)

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2014 at 3:15 pm

@Catherine – The cases have a rubber bumper and are a slip on. I’ve used several during the life of my phone. They are extremely easy to remove and attach. We do not currently offer an online database of artwork. We do, however, offer a wall of cases to view in the location (as seen in the first image of this story).

Les on July 18th, 2014 at 12:54 pm

We really need this in Downtown Disneyland!

Shannon on July 18th, 2014 at 1:14 pm

What are the prices (or a price range) for these cases?

Luc on July 18th, 2014 at 2:22 pm

How much do they cost??

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2014 at 3:16 pm

@Shannon and Luc – Custom cases are $36.95 each while personalized cases (adding your name like I did in the video) are $44.95 each. Please note that retails are subject to change without notice.

bronwyn on July 18th, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Will the shop still be there in Jan/Feb 2015?

Steven Miller on July 18th, 2014 at 7:07 pm

@Bronwyn – Yes, D-Tech On Demand is currently scheduled to be at the Marketplace Co-Op come next year.

Ron on July 18th, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Steven -
Do they ship outside of Florida? And have you seen a FIGMENT case?

Thanks (as always!)

Ron

Steven Miller on July 19th, 2014 at 10:34 am

@Ron – Shipping is available from the Marketplace Co-Op. You would, however, have to design your case in the D-Tech on Demand boutique in Downtown Disney Marketplace. We don’t offer the ability to design custom cases on our Disney Parks online store or via our Merchandise Guest Services team. Look for new designs, including Figment, in the coming weeks.

Christina from KS on July 19th, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Any signs of the Orange Bird? He’s on my wallpaper but I’d love to have him on the outside too!

Alexandre on July 20th, 2014 at 11:35 am

I L♥VE mine!! and i’ve found a very rich and beautiful collection of disney fans cases on instagram with the #Dtech hashtag!! it’s wonderful and i hope you guys make a permanent shop of the brand! :D

Autum on July 20th, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Any news on what and when this year’s Halloween merchandise will be and be out?

Suzanne on July 20th, 2014 at 9:15 pm

These are so awesome and I can totally see them expanding the art selection indefinitely in the future for sure!!
Quick question: You mentioned the Samsung Galaxy S4 – is that just the full size S4 or the S4 Mini too? PLEASE TELL ME IT’S FOR THE S4 MINI TOO?!!! :D

Tony from CA on July 21st, 2014 at 6:39 am

They should offer more like HTC EVO 3D or HTC 1 M8 etc…

Edward on August 8th, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Will cases for the MOTO-X be available ?

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.