'World of Color' at Disney California Adventure Park

Sneak Peek: Voices of Liberty at Epcot Add ‘Let It Go’ To Their Repertoire

posted on July 16th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Have you heard? Voices of Liberty, the longtime acapella group at Epcot, recently added some new songs to their repertoire. New songs guests may hear during their daily shows include “You Raise Me Up,” “True Colors,” and “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.”

Here’s a sneak peek at one of those new tunes, “Let It Go” from “Frozen.

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

17 Comments 5 Replies Add Yours

Nicholas on July 16th, 2014 at 1:04 pm

They are as good as it gets.

And super-nice people, too – be sure to visit with them for a few moments after a performance!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 16th, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Thanks for the nice review, Nicholas!

John from OH on July 16th, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Very nice, we will be there in a few weeks and have never heard the group perform. Will have to check out their whole show.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 16th, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Anna on July 16th, 2014 at 1:13 pm

They sing awesome and I can’t wait to see them live when I go this year, but I feel like we are at the brink of over-saturation with this song. Just my own feelings on it :(

Melissa from TN on July 16th, 2014 at 1:29 pm

How absolutely amazing. Each visit we set aside time to go see their show and it always brings those magical tears.
If it was even possible to be more excited, I am now!

Donna on July 16th, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Can’t wait to see them in November when we go . How many times two they preform a day?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 16th, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Please check the Times Guide you pick up on the way into the park for showtimes during your visit.

Sandra from FL on July 16th, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Thank you for sharing! This is amazing!!! Voices of Liberty is always on our list of ‘must dos’ when we visit!

Christopher on July 16th, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Love the Voices of Liberty – and they do a great job on this song. It’s even better live!

Jayson on July 16th, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Incredible performance! We make a point to see Voices of Liberty everytime we visit. We try to dedicate a day to World Showcase and sometimes we see them 2 or 3 times in a day and its always fun to see variety of songs they are currently performing. These talented folks are beyond amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!

Amy from MD on July 16th, 2014 at 9:25 pm

That’s a shame. I love their Americana songs. Our family always makes it a point to see Voices of Liberty. I am as big a Frozen fan as anyone but “Let It Go”, and the other mentioned songs, are not a good fit!

Skip from FL on July 16th, 2014 at 10:52 pm

#5 – Donna

A ‘Times Guide’ that I have shows them having performed 7 times that day.
They perform at 45 minute intervals in between the animatronic show that is in the auditorium.
The performance times on this particular day were at: 12:30, 1:15, 2:00, 2:45, 3:30, 4:15, and 5:00.

Daniel from CA on July 17th, 2014 at 12:45 am

So, I actually never did enjoy the movie rendition. I compose music, and, honestly, the voice in the film is totally harsh and raspy. Unfortunately, it turned the composition off for me too.

HOWEVER, I LOVE The Voices of Liberty. I thought I would give this a chance. I AM SOOO GLAD THAT I DID!

Nicholas (above) is absolutely right. They are as good as it gets. Could you imagine a concert with this group, The Dapper Dans, and the carolers during holiday time? WOW! (Hint, hint – Entertainment department).

Thank you, The Voices of Liberty. You have given me joyous inspiration for the piece that I am currently working on.

Tomorrow, during work, I will have to don the headphones, and list to ya guys all day!

Keep up the heavenly work!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 17th, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I’m happy you enjoyed this version, Daniel.

Joanne on July 17th, 2014 at 9:25 am

They always sound wonderful. I like the arrangement as it gives one an idea what it might have sounded like in colonial times. Their voices are wonderful and their “meet and greet” is always a pleasure.

James on July 17th, 2014 at 10:09 am

What a brilliant arrangement! This group is amazing! The artistry and musicianship is second to none! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on July 17th, 2014 at 12:25 pm

You’re welcome, James!

Michael on July 17th, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Love the Voices of Liberty. I have spent many days just sitting on the floor of the rotunda listening to them. They are the reason I spend July 4th at EPCOT. For those that do not think that the songs are a good fit for the group (#9), I have heard them do all the above mentioned songs and they are wonderful. I know that we are used to them doing the traditional Americana music, but we have to remember that American music is still being written. It did not end after the civil war. Like I said, I have seen them perform all of the new songs and the crowds reaction was overwhelming! I am so happy that they have added these songs to their set list and look forward to seeing them perform them over and over and over again!

Jeffrey on July 17th, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Great arrangement!
Who is the arranger, and is it published (or going to be?) for show choirs, a cappella groups, etc?

chrisitne on July 21st, 2014 at 10:21 am

I see two members that were in the Anaheim group. I wish they were still here! Will they be coming back for the 60th year celebrations??

Alexander on July 21st, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I love the VoL! They are awesome. And now they are singing one of my favorite song. How cool is that?

Funny thing: Did anyone notice in the video at 2:53 that – almost at the end of the song when the main lady sings “i am never going back” – in that EXACT moment she literally DOES go back (to her fellow singers?)

I find that extremely funny!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.