One of our favorite spots for dining in Magic Kingdom Park is The Crystal Palace on Main Street, U.S.A., a delightful array of soups, salads, veggies, meats, fish and sweets – everything from stuffed French toast in the morning to peel-and-eat shrimp, oven-roasted chicken, steak, key lime pie and chocolate cake for dinner. A bite of this, a taste of that, it’s fun to mix and match from dozens of dishes.
The spacious, airy dining room has one of the best buffets at Walt Disney World Resort, plus you get to spend some time with some of your favorite Disney characters as they pay a visit to tables and stop for photos.
Fresh, inventive salads have always been our favorite, and the chefs continually add interesting new combos, like this pasta salad with feta and Parmesan cheeses, bold Kalamata olive, veggies and a sweet-tart balsamic vinaigrette. Chef Alphonoso Walker shows you how easy it is to put this together at home, a perfect summertime supper.
Pasta Salad with Feta, Fresh Vegetables, and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 pound pasta, such as penne, farfalle, or ziti
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red peppers
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green peppers
- 1/2 cup finely diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta per package instructions. Drain and rinse in cool water. Set aside.
- Whisk together white balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a medium bowl until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk in chives. Set aside.
- Combine cooked pasta, olives, onions, red peppers, green peppers, and tomatoes.
- Toss with enough vinaigrette to coat. Fold in feta and Parmesan cheeses. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more dressing, if desired, to taste.