Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend 2014: Merchandise First Look

posted on August 25th, 2014 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort

How many of you will be joining us this weekend for the Disneyland Half Marathon? Here’s your first look at some of the art that will appear on some of the most sought after event merchandise, including performance T-shirts, short and long sleeve T-shirts, hoodies, jackets, drinkware, hats, pins and more.

DLRhalf

A true fan favorite is, of course, the men’s and ladies T-shirts emblazoned with the “I Did It” message on it, with the course map featured on the back.

10965360 DLRhalf_IdidItWOMENS f1

As you know the “Dumbo Double Dare” is back! You’ll find plenty of merchandise, including men’s and ladies’ T-shirts in a variety of silhouettes featuring both the Dumbo Double Dare logo and the ever famous “I Did It,” along with a jacket, hoodie, sports bottle, keychain, headwear and car magnets.

10965360 DLRhalf_IdidItWOMENS f1

Other great selections will include runDisney performance T-shirts, shorts, a zip hoodie, headwear, sports bands, a magnet, cinch sak and my personal favorite, a runDisney Medal Holder.

Want more? Because we have it! Keep an eye out for specially created Dooney & Bourke bags, trading pins, Vinylmation, drink ware and, of course, our “Coast to Coast” collection.

If you’re looking to make any of these items part of your Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend experience or look, then I’d recommend you race to the Health & Fitness Expo at the Disneyland Hotel, as this merchandise will go fast.

Good luck to everyone participating in this year’s event!

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Hotels & Resorts

8 Comments 5 Replies Add Yours

Sarah on August 25th, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Is there one full zip performance jacket for the Half Marathon and a second one for Dumbo Double Dare? I need to figure out how much space to leave in my luggage for my new jackets.

Michelle Harker on August 26th, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Hi Sarah!! It looks like there are three jackets that could possibly find their way home with you. There is a ladies performance jacket, a Half Marathon logo performance jacket and also one for the Dumbo Double Dare. Hope that helps!

Melissa on August 25th, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Do you need to be a race participant to attend the Expo?

Michelle Harker on August 26th, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Hi Melissa! The Expo is actually open to all.

Cheryl on August 25th, 2014 at 6:08 pm

is there a new vinylmation or the same ones that we had for Tinkerbell? And is there a new mini medal? Any stitch merchandise as well since it’s stitch themed for 5K and 10K?

Michelle Harker on August 26th, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Hi Cheryl! I know that the Vinylmation Eachez figures are Mickey Mouse themed and say runDisney 2014. As for Stitch merchandise for the 10K, I know that we will offer a pin.

Kathy from CA on August 25th, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Are there other styles of the D&B other than the ones that were available for pre-order? Also, please tell me will you guys put a limit on how many Dooney’s each person can buy?

Michelle Harker on August 26th, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Hi Kathy! The only styles of Dooney & Bourke that will be available will be the ones that debuted previously for pre-order. Limits and restrictions will apply.

Jaime on August 25th, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Show us the Dooney! (Pretty please)

Llen on August 25th, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Wish I lived closer. This race looks amazing. I have done 8 RunDisney races at WDW and hope someday to make my way out west! Great article and terrific looking merchandise!

Michelle Harker on August 26th, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Thank you! I hope that one day you will be able to participate here at the Disneyland Resort as well.

Lisa on August 27th, 2014 at 5:55 pm

How do Disney fans find out about pre-ordering merchandise? Do registered runners get an email notification? Im a little early but I am signed up to run one of the races in the 2015 Tinkerbell Half Marathon (my first Disney race!). Im very excited and cant wait to visit Disneyland.

Brian on September 23rd, 2014 at 11:26 am

Hello, Michelle. I had a blast (again) at this year’s event and am looking forward to the next 3 I’ve signed up for. I was wondering if there was a site/location where leftover merch from the Double Dare ends up for sale. I picked up the grey DDD Champion T and would like to get another in a smaller size.

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.