Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Celebrates the Holidays at Disneyland Park

Enjoy Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with New Limited Edition Retail MagicBand

posted on August 4th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

LIMITD124888

As the “Frozen” Summer Fun celebration continues at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I have some exciting news to share about a new, limited edition retail MagicBand, featuring Olaf from Disney’s “Frozen.” This item is now available at Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The shop is located between Toy Story Midway Mania and Studio Backlot Tour. I spoke with Kevin-Michael Lezotte, merchandiser for retail MagicBands, about this latest addition.

“We saw a great response from guests when we released two limited edition MagicBands during Star Wars Weekends earlier this year,” explained Kevin-Michael. “This new MagicBand is pre-printed with an image of Olaf ‘chillin’ in summer, and will be presented in a specially designed packaging. These pre-printed MagicBands are another great way guests can show off their Disney Side while visiting Walt Disney World Resort this summer.”

This limited edition retail MagicBand will have an edition size of 5,000, and will have a retail of $29.95 (plus tax).

LIMITD124878

You may recall that this new MagicBand will join three open edition MagicBands inspired by Disney’s “Frozen,” which are currently offered in Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post.

As with all retail MagicBand purchases, guests must present one of the following for the MagicBand to be linked to at the time of purchase: valid theme park admission, Memory Maker card or another MagicBand.

These specific “Frozen” MagicBands will not be offered on our Disney Parks online store or via Merchandise Guest Services team.

Guests, however, can find other select MagicBand accessories, like MagicBandits and MagicSliders, online at DisneyParks.com/Store.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, MagicBands, My Disney Experience, MyMagic+, Walt Disney World Resort

28 Comments 14 Replies Add Yours

Thomas on August 4th, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Is this available now?

Steven Miller on August 4th, 2014 at 3:31 pm

@Thomas – Yes, the retail MagicBands shown in this story can be found at Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Ana on August 4th, 2014 at 3:21 pm

is this something that we could get for free went we do the reservation

Steven Miller on August 4th, 2014 at 3:32 pm

@Ana – Sorry. That is not an option at this point. The items shown above are retail items that are sold in Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Ethan on August 4th, 2014 at 3:22 pm

I love love LOVE these custom MagicBands and I hope Disney continues to make them. I picked mine up 2 days ago on release day!

Steven Miller on August 4th, 2014 at 3:32 pm

@Ethan – Aces! That’s great! :)

Brent on August 4th, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Awww man, I just got the first Olaf Magic Band the other week. Turn this car around!!

Cassandra on August 4th, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Does it make sound effects like the Star Wars ones do when tapped at the Fast Pass entrances?

Amanda on August 4th, 2014 at 4:46 pm

I love these new MagicBands – they’re amazing! I’m really hoping there will be special MagicBands created for MNSSHP and MVMCP too, or even just Halloween and Holiday themed. On the other hand, if that happens – there goes my paycheck! Our whole family has bought either Frozen and the LE Star Wars (some of us got both!)

Steven Miller on August 4th, 2014 at 7:12 pm

@Amanda – Thank you! If I hear of additional development, I’ll share in future stories.

Ethan on August 4th, 2014 at 5:59 pm

@Cassandra – Yes, Olaf sings “In summmmeerrr” when you tap it and the Mickey sign turns blue/green.

Steven Miller on August 4th, 2014 at 7:13 pm

@Ethan – Spoilers :) But yes, there is some extra magic with limited edition retail MagicBands.

Ethan on August 4th, 2014 at 7:22 pm

Haha oops sorry! With future MagicBands I will keep it to myself. :)

Eric from MA on August 4th, 2014 at 7:24 pm

But when do we get a purple one? (Without Anna.) ;)

Jim on August 4th, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Why aren’t these items made available on-line? I would love to order Anna, Elsa and Olaf for my family and I, but we won’t be there until November for our next trip! Why are they limiting the release of this Magic Band to only 5,000?

Steven Miller on August 4th, 2014 at 9:49 pm

@Jim – The retail MagicBands are not sold online as they must be linked to RF media at the time of purchase. Due to current systems, there isn’t a way to link the retail MagicBands with purchases made via the Disney Parks online store.

It is important to note that retail MagicBands are different than the ones that you receive for booking a hotel stay at Walt Disney World Resort. The biggest different is that these are sold versus receiving something as part of a hotel stay.

As for the edition size, the limited edition retail MagicBands are relatively new. This is the third kind of limited edition retail MagicBand we’ve created. With all new things, we like to try a variety of options.

miranda from FL on August 5th, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Is the elsa magic band still available? Been trying to get someone to take me to hollywood studios so i can buy it and no listens.

Steven Miller on August 5th, 2014 at 4:48 pm

@Miranda – Yes, the open edition MagicBand with Elsa is still available. Sorry to hear that no one will take you. I’m sure my son would go with you (as he wants to go to Disney’s Hollywood Studios this weekend – Ha!).

Cathy on August 5th, 2014 at 4:40 pm

I want one!!! But I’m stuck in Texas. :|

Todd on August 5th, 2014 at 10:17 pm

When will you be making a PURPLE magic band a priority? Rather disappointed it’s not available.

Steven Miller on August 6th, 2014 at 10:57 am

@Todd – Great question. I’d have to check with the development team. I don’t recall seeing anything at this point.

Lisa on August 6th, 2014 at 12:53 am

What is the price of these bands

Steven Miller on August 6th, 2014 at 10:59 am

@Lisa – The limited edition retail MagicBand is $29.95 (plus tax). The open edition retail MagicBands shown above are $19.95 each (plus tax).

Liella on August 6th, 2014 at 9:30 am

:’( Why do you do this to me? I want it and can’t get it…I even started checking airfare to go get it, but can’t justify the $600+ to my husband for a limited edition MagicBand

Michael on August 6th, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Hi Steven!

The new designs look awesome! Kind of sad that I didn’t know about the limited edition Star Wars ones since I was there for Star Wars Weekends… but hopefully we’ll see something special next year :) The special effects are pretty neat!

I second Todd’s request though, would love to see a purple MagicBand available in the near future especially since you’ve already got red, green, blue, yellow… all very “Disney” bright and happy colors :)

The purple would match the unforgettable road signs throughout the Walt Disney World area, too!

Thanks for the article, and have a magical day!

Tim on August 6th, 2014 at 11:52 pm

Hey Steven!

The magic bands are awesome! We just got back from the disney world where we enjoyed using our magic bands. Would it be possible, and not to costly, to add a watch to the magic bands? That would make them useful outside of the parks! My new fiancee and I miss having a magic band around our wrists now that we’ve returned to the real world. Thanks!

Steven Miller on August 11th, 2014 at 11:42 am

@Tim – Thanks for the comment. I know the team has discussed a variety of accessories. Stay tuned.

Eulette on August 8th, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Steven, hi, I would like to know if a family member comes to WDW in the next few weeks and was able to purchase these Frozen magic bands would they be able to purchase the magic bands for a family member that was not able to go to WDW in December and didn’t know if the magic bands would still be available for purchase.
Eulette

Steven Miller on August 11th, 2014 at 11:45 am

@Eulette – In order for that to happen, you must present one of the following for the MagicBand to be linked to at the time of purchase: valid theme park admission, Memory Maker card or another MagicBand. There currently isn’t a way to purchase a retail MagicBand without linking it to RF media.

The availability of this limited edition retail MagicBand will depend upon how popular it is with Guests. December is many months from now so I can’t guarantee it will still be available.

Jennifer on August 9th, 2014 at 12:01 am

It is important to note that the “special effects” from the Star Wars bands no longer work and that the ones for this Olaf band only work in Hollywood Studios and only until the end of Frozen Summer Fun. I did not find this out until after I purchased mine, which was kind of a let down. I thought the sound effects were going to be forever but was told today that is not the case. Why can’t the effects be everywhere and all the time?

Steven Miller on August 11th, 2014 at 11:45 am

@Jennifer – Thank you for the feedback. I’ll share it with the teams.

Eulette on August 9th, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Steven, hi I was needing to know, will the Frozen magic bands Elsa, Anna, and Olaf still be up for purchase in December? That is when my trip is scheduled and since I cannot buy online or over the phone I have to hope that they will still be up for sale.
Eulette

Steven Miller on August 11th, 2014 at 11:46 am

@Eulette – The retail MagicBands featuring Elsa, Anna and Olaf (see second photograph above) are open edition. They will continue to be offered for sale as long as they continue to be popular with Guests.

Jennifer on August 11th, 2014 at 10:26 am

I understand there are a number of customizable bands. Any thought to offering these as an option for those booking Magic Your Way vacations?

Steven Miller on August 11th, 2014 at 11:48 am

@Jennifer – I don’t know of any plans for such a thing at this time. Sorry :(

MIKE on August 24th, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Where can I get the Snow White mine train magic band?

Blaire on August 24th, 2014 at 11:31 pm

I agree, a purple band would be great!

I am loving these themed bands, but my question is if I already have a plain band, can I decorate it myself? Like paint on the actual band? As long as I keep the area directly around the mickey not covered, would this be ok? I would kind of rather make my own one-of-a-kind band but want to make sure I can use it again!

Liella on August 26th, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Can someone confirm??? I heard that the policy changed and now you can buy this magic band without a RF media to be linked at the time of purchase…PLEASE!!!

HEATHER on August 26th, 2014 at 4:01 pm

i wish they would make a Maleficent Magic Band also, she is my favorite!!!!!!

ileana on September 10th, 2014 at 7:41 am

Hi Steven
I’ll be at Hollywood Studios in 8 days, are the Limited Edition Olaf magic bands still available? Thank you.

Beth on October 8th, 2014 at 9:23 am

When will disney have the option to design your magic bands when you book your trip? I think it would be neat if you can personalize them with colors etc. I would pay an upgrade fee.

Thanks
Beth

Amy from FL on November 6th, 2014 at 8:09 am

I’m disappointed to hear that the LE Olaf Magic Band special effects are not longer working at DHS. I understand that the event is over, but what makes these MBs special is being able to see the cool effects when you use them in the park. It makes no sense that you would turn these off while these MBs are still in circulation. My daughter will be quite unhappy to hear this. Please consider changing this.

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.