Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Keeping the ‘Frozen Summer Fun’ Going at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on August 7th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Since last month’s debut of “Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios,” Olaf the snowman has really been enjoying his very first summer vacation. Our guests have been having an icy blast, too, being part of Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome, singing along during “For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration,” and ice-skating and playing in the snow at Wandering Oaken’s Frozen Funland!
"Frozen Summer Fun Live!" at Disney's Hollywood Studios

This popular special event was originally set to melt away September 1, but who says summer has to end on Labor Day? After all, it’s warm and sunny much of the year in Central Florida! Now Olaf – and many of you – will be pleased to hear that due to popular demand, “Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!” is being extended through September 28!

You can enjoy “Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!” for an additional four weeks. Most entertainment and other features will continue daily, while the “Frozen Fireworks” Spectacular will be presented each night through September 1 (with the exception of August 23), and then switch to Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, September 5-28.

Who else is excited for one more month of “Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!”? Let us know in the Comments what you’re most looking forward to doing – or doing again – when you visit.

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

69 Comments 4 Replies Add Yours

Nicholas on August 7th, 2014 at 9:08 am

Please extend it even longer. Through years end would be fab. We come in November and would really love to see all this. Im sure theres hundreds of thousands of others that will miss out too if you dont at least extend till the christmas season begins.

Vanessa on August 7th, 2014 at 9:14 am

I would love for them to find a way to keep Olaf’s winter funland going through the Christmas season too. DHS needs more attractions. Why do they not have a “meet Anna & Elsa ” in this park too ?

Shawn Slater on August 7th, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Vanessa – You can meet Elsa and Anna at Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.

Valeria on August 7th, 2014 at 9:14 am

We will be here in January and love to see it. Please extend it!!!

Ashley on August 7th, 2014 at 9:16 am

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We are headed to Hollywood Studios on the 13th and 20th of September and my 19 month old son loves this movie! I can’t tell you enough how excited we are!

Drae on August 7th, 2014 at 9:19 am

My wife is going to be so excited when I tell her! She was sad that she was going to miss this because we’re going the 12th-16th. I’m excited too!

Jennifer on August 7th, 2014 at 9:22 am

I feel so lucky as I will be at the World on Sept. 19! Thanks for extending!

Sara on August 7th, 2014 at 9:27 am

WOO! My daughter will be so excited! I was bummed out that it was ending on sept 1st, as we are arriving 2 weeks later.. but yay!!

Billy on August 7th, 2014 at 9:27 am

Now my daughter can stop crying..!

Rachel on August 7th, 2014 at 9:32 am

Just to echo the above. Please extend it even further!

Stacey on August 7th, 2014 at 9:46 am

I will be there oct 13th can you please extend it

Chris on August 7th, 2014 at 9:48 am

Wondering why if it is so popular to stop it? I say this for selfish reasons as we arrive at Disney World Oct 3. My kids would love it!

Lisa on August 7th, 2014 at 9:55 am

Will they be extending the park hours for the fireworks? We are there Sept. 5-7th and the park closes at 8pm.

Shawn Slater on August 7th, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Lisa – Park operating hours have been extended for every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in September. The “Frozen Fireworks” Spectacular starts 15 minutes before park closing, which during your visit will be 9:30 p.m.

Terpsehory on August 7th, 2014 at 10:05 am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Keep the Frozen Summer Fun FOREVER!! We are planning our next visit in February of 2015 and my Daughter will be SO disappointed if we miss it!! Not only does she love FROZEN but she is a figure skater and so wants to skate at WDW!! Don’t break our 4 year olds heart and many others! KEEP FROZEN!!

Pamela on August 7th, 2014 at 10:15 am

Thank you!! So super excited and so is our whole family! We’ll be there Sept 25!

Liz on August 7th, 2014 at 10:20 am

Yay!!!!! I am so excited to see this.

Tina on August 7th, 2014 at 10:24 am

I agree with the other posters. So glad that the September visitors will get to take part in the Frozen programs, and please consider extending into October when we arrive!

Nancy on August 7th, 2014 at 10:47 am

Wonderful–I’m going this weekend, and now my Disney buddy can go on our joint trip in September.

Now, any chance of extending Harambe Nights into September? She’s even more anxious to get to that event!

Mark on August 7th, 2014 at 11:15 am

Will the park hours be extended on these days? When are the fireworks starting?

Shawn Slater on August 7th, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Mark – Yes, park hours have been extended for each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in September. “Frozen Fireworks” Spectacular starts 15 minutes before park closing on each of those nights.

Gloria on August 7th, 2014 at 11:24 am

Honesty, did Disney really even have to think that long about extending this? I finally saw Frozen on my flight to Rome in June and all I can say is Awesome Story!! I hope they continue it way into next year so I can get down there to join in the fun too.

Kerry on August 7th, 2014 at 11:34 am

My girlfriend and I are very happy to hear this! We were a bit sad that our vacation would be happening after the Frozen events, so this puts it right during our trip! Can’t wait!

Kelly on August 7th, 2014 at 11:58 am

Please, please, please extend until the end of the year!! We’ll be there over Thanksgiving break.

Lacy on August 7th, 2014 at 12:40 pm

I’m hoping it is extended into October as well. We will be there starting on the 12th.

Annette on August 7th, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Yes Please, please run through Oct. We are coming on the 6th and would love to see them all!

Mary from NY on August 7th, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Please, please extend it longer. We will be there Oct 7-15th. If it was extended until the Christmas season, so many others would get to enjoy it, also

emily on August 7th, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Is the premium package extended for September? I would love to reserve it

Shawn Slater on August 7th, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Emily – Yes, the Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package will be offered on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through September.

Anonymous on August 7th, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Will the summer premium fun package be available as well?

Austin on August 7th, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Please announce if you are closing Maelstrom for a Frozen overlay already. This attraction means a lot to me and I would like to know soon, so i can enjoy it one last time. In a attempt to have this comment go through I leave you with this: PLLLEEEASSSEEE EXTEND IT MORREE I <333333 FROZEN SUMMMER FUNN!!!! I WOUULD DIEEE TO GO SKATTINGG ON THAT RINKKK !!!!!!

Jackie from Lancashire on August 7th, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Please keep it going longer! I arrive in Orlando on the 29th September until October 18th!

Melissa from TN on August 7th, 2014 at 2:15 pm

I kept my fingers crossed for them to extend it to the end of September. Today at lunch I was able to book the premium package!
I will keep them crossed for everyone else too!

june on August 7th, 2014 at 2:17 pm

oh yay will be able to see frozen in sept

Marie on August 7th, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Premium packages that I saw were extended but only available on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The cost for the premium package is $69 for adults, and $39 for children, including tax and gratuity I think. No discounts are available, and theme park admission is required. Reservations can be made by calling 407-939-1939.

Jamie from AL on August 7th, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Just missing it! Arriving early October. Can’t they just keep it through the end of the year?! Snow and December just go together. :)

Ryan on August 7th, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Are any of the Frozen special events ticketed?

Are any part of Fast pass plus?

Thx!

Monica on August 7th, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Please extend it through the Christmas holidays!

Lisa on August 7th, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Yipee!

Shannon on August 7th, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Wonderful news!!! Thank you so much Disney for listening to feedback from your park guests and extending this. Frozen is a new favorite for my family, and we can’t wait to take part in all of these activities. It would be nice to see the fireworks (we’ll be at the park Monday through Thursday, so we’ll have to miss out on that unfortunately), but we’re very excited to see everything else.

Thank you!!!

James on August 7th, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Ditto on the extension we ALL concur!

Tammi from FL on August 7th, 2014 at 6:47 pm

So excited! Just booked the premium package. The bad thing was that I had to rearrange my plans because we hadn’t planned on going to HS until 10/3. Fortunately there was only one ADR that I couldn’t change. I was able to change everything else to work in the Frozen fun for 9/28. My daughter is so excited!

Dawn on August 7th, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Please, please extend it. Our trip is for October 18-25 and would love to be able to experience the magic of Frozen while my niece and I are visiting!!!!!!

LAURA on August 7th, 2014 at 7:23 pm

It is great because I’ll be there in September

Amy on August 7th, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Keep until end of the year!!!!

teresa on August 8th, 2014 at 7:35 am

Please please extend Will be there in October and my grand kids are frozen obsessed. I was so hoping for an extension and was disappointed we will miss it. Hope you extend it again at least until the end of the year,l since it is so very popular and it draws crowds to hs I think it would be a very smart thing to do. Please please extend again….you will make so many little children and adults happy

Debra on August 8th, 2014 at 8:51 am

We will be in Disney World Dec 5-12,2014 will Frozen be available then? All 6 of us REALLY want to see it!!

Dora on August 8th, 2014 at 5:56 pm

I agree with everyone else. I hope you look to extend it through the year. We would love to be a part of the Frozen Summer Fun in October when we visit. My husband, children and I cannot get enough of Frozen. Definitely would want to get the Frozen Summer Fun Package.

Stephanie on August 10th, 2014 at 6:32 am

Please bring something like this to Disneyland too! It looks so cute!

Alison on August 10th, 2014 at 9:30 am

Why are they only going to have the fireworks on FRI SAT and SUN??

Lara on August 11th, 2014 at 10:38 pm

None of the info for this is updated in My Disney Experience yet. I can’t see the times which is making it hard to schedule fast passes/meals around events. How can I add Frozen events to my plans for September 26 (Friday)?

lora on August 12th, 2014 at 9:40 am

Please extend through the end of the year, we are coming in October and don’t want to miss out!

Tara on August 12th, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Heading to the park in late October and want to make sure I hear about it if Frozen events are added or extended. (Fingers crossed they will be!!!)

What’s the best way to get this kind of communication from Disney?

Sydney on August 12th, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Please extend further!!!!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.