Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Learn To Draw Ray the Firefly at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on August 22nd, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

This week, our “Learn to Draw” series is focusing on one of the characters from “Princess and the Frog” – it’s Ray the Firefly.

Grab a pencil and paper and let Heather Worley from Animation Academy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios give you a quick tutorial.

For more from our “Learn to Draw” series, visit the links tutorials below:

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

6 Comments Add Yours

Jason from FL on August 22nd, 2014 at 9:28 am

Now I have to go break out the colored pencils! Love the longer YouTube videos Disney! Yay!

Llen on August 22nd, 2014 at 10:26 am

Trying to take a photo or video of a lightning bug has proved almost impossible with my lack of setting the camera to take the photo as soon as they shine their light.
I think this instructional video of how to draw “Ray” my favorite firefly, might be more my pace, in fact I’m sure Evangeline would agree that it’s in the “stars” for me to try!

Karen on August 22nd, 2014 at 11:04 am

I DID IT! Thanks, Heather, and thanks Disney Parks Blogs for sharing.

Lindsey on August 22nd, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Back in 2009, Heather drew Ray during my animation class and gave me her drawing at the end! The Princess and the Frog is one of my favorite Disney movies and this was truly a magical moment for me! Thanks Heather! :)

Heather on August 22nd, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Thank you all so much for watching and for your sweet comments. It’s great creating magical moments for our guests every day. We are happy to help at the Animation Academy. Also, Thank you so much to Jennifer and the amazing crew that helped put this together. Y’all were wonderful!

brooke on August 24th, 2014 at 8:36 am

Great job Heather! Always enjoy your classes!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.