Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

More Disney Villains and Other Enhancements Coming to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on August 22nd, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Fall is one of my favorite times of year at Walt Disney World Resort. The weather starts to change (at least a little bit), autumn décor makes Main Street, U.S.A. even more inviting, and it’s time once again to get dressed up for trick-or-treating during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park.

Playing a Halloween Tune

This year, the Disney villains are stepping out like never before during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, featuring new and enhanced experiences.

The popular “Villains Mix & Mingle – Live on Stage” returns to the Castle Forecourt Stage several times each night, with an unforgettable performance by beloved baddies from Disney films. Throughout the evening, guests interested in meeting their favorite Disney villains will now encounter them at locations around the park. Look for Jafar in Adventureland and the Queen of Hearts near Mad Tea Party in Fantasyland, while Lotso lurks near Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland.

Another all-new feature of this year’s event, Club Villain, takes over The Diamond Horseshoe in Liberty Square with a wicked atmosphere, lively music, glowing décor, and appearances by Cruella De Vil, Dr. Facilier, Anastasia, Drizella, Lady Tremaine, and more!

We’re also introducing enhancements to Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade, including the expansion of the Phineas and Ferb Creepa Crew pre-parade interactive experience to more of the parade route and the first-ever appearance of Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope in the parade.

Of course, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party also features treat trails with candy galore, the Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball in Tomorrowland, appearances by Jack and Sally from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” the ride of the Headless Horseman, and “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks.

My family looks forward to dressing up and attending Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party every year. For 2014, this separately ticketed event has expanded to 26 nights, from opening day September 1 through Halloween night, October 31. When will you be going?

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

63 Comments 17 Replies Add Yours

Ginger on August 22nd, 2014 at 3:34 pm

September 26! Just 5 more weeks!

Rachel on August 22nd, 2014 at 3:35 pm

We are going on October 13, right after we get married! Our families are going as well, it’ll be our second time and their first time. We can’t wait. Boo! To You!

Shawn Slater on August 22nd, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Congratulations, Rachel!

Sabrina on August 22nd, 2014 at 3:36 pm

While I’m looking forward to all the villains meets, I was even more excited to meet the princesses with their princes at Princess Fairytale Hall, as well as the 7 dwarves. What about those meets?

Shawn Slater on August 22nd, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Sabrina – The Seven Dwarfs are expected to appear, just as they did last year. While the princes won’t be at Princess Fairytale Hall during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, they’re still planning to join us for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party later this fall.

Stephanie on August 22nd, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Halloween Night 10/31. I can’t wait. I am still deciding on a costume.

Carole on August 22nd, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Will Anna and Elsa be there all night? We weren’t able to secure a fast pass and I’m curious what the projected waits will be like. Thank you!

Shawn Slater on August 22nd, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Carole – Yes, they’ll be at Princess Fairytale Hall all night long!

sally from notts on August 22nd, 2014 at 3:47 pm

what queen ? , from sleeping beauty ? why would be warned

Leslie on August 22nd, 2014 at 3:53 pm

We will be there October 13th!!! Can’t wait!!!!

Melanie on August 22nd, 2014 at 4:04 pm

I’m going October 5 and am so excited!! I’m also curious as to if the 7 dwarfs meet and greet will be held again. That’s one I’ve never done and was really looking forward to it. Also, no mention of Hades?

Shawn Slater on August 22nd, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Melanie – The Seven Dwarfs can be found near the castle walls in New Fantasyland. Hades and his minions, however, are being banished to the Underworld after this weekend’s “Villains Unleashed” event. I’m afraid he won’t be making it to the Halloween party.

Kerrie from MA on August 22nd, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Can’t wait to go October 3rd for my first MNNSHP!

Jason on August 22nd, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Halloween night!! :)

Sarah on August 22nd, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Does this mean no princes? I’m thrilled to meet more villains (especially Maleficent!!), but my daughter will be pretty bummed. Will we still see the 7 Dwarfs?

Shawn Slater on August 22nd, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Sarah – Please see above. Seven Dwarfs – Yes. Princes – Back for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.

Tracy from FL on August 22nd, 2014 at 4:29 pm

Daughter’s Disney wedding Oct 4th then MNSSHP Oct 9th with lots of family. I’m going as the Evil Queen :)

Jason on August 22nd, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Would love to see Oogie Boogie and/or Hades for the Mix-and-Mingle! :D

Jenni on August 22nd, 2014 at 5:28 pm

So excited for our first WDW trip! We will do the halloween party on Sept 28th! My twin daughters have a trip to the BBB before the party to get all dolled up, too!! Now, just keep your fingers crossed for us that we can find Elsa and Anna gowns when we get there!! :) We’re prepared with a Belle and Aurora contingency plan, haha.

Clara from FL on August 22nd, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Will the Diamond Horseshoe be open after 3pm for Not So Scary? I love meeting the Villains!

Shawn Slater on August 22nd, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Clara – The Diamond Horseshoe will be open during the event as Club Villain.

Philip on August 22nd, 2014 at 5:40 pm

It’s nice to know that this year’s Halloween Parties are starting to take a bit of a hint from May’s Rock Your Disney Side party by having villain meet-and-greets spread out throughout the park.

I hope that they’ll have all of the same villains that came out for Disney Side come out for greetings at this year’s parties.

I also hope Hercules, Meg and Hades join the Parties’ meet-and-greet character line-up as well.

Brian on August 22nd, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Sadly, after 4 straight years, I’ll be missing the party this year.

Debra from FL on August 22nd, 2014 at 5:45 pm

I’ve had my ticket for 11/16 for quite some time…. going as Constance from Haunted Mansion stretch room complete w/ headstone!!!! CAN’T WAIT!!!!! Question, don’t think I’ve seen anything about the “Mayhem at the Mansion” during MNSSHP on any official Disney website?

Shawn Slater on August 22nd, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Debra – Shhhhh…. seeekrits! More on that soon… ;-)

Amy on August 22nd, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Will Jack and Sally be meeting as well as appearing?

Shawn Slater on August 22nd, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Amy – Yes. You’ll be able to meet them in the Town Square Courtyard, adjacent to City Hall on Main Street, U.S.A.

Robert on August 22nd, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Will Captain Jack Sparrow be attending this year?

Shawn Slater on August 25th, 2014 at 10:20 am

Robert – Yes, you’ll be able to find him right across from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Timothy on August 22nd, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Our first ever MNSSHP Our DD 14 has not been since she was 22mo. old and it is our DS 7 1st trip and plane ride and they do not know we have tickets. My wife so wants to see the Big Bad wolf hoping he is around.

Timothy on August 22nd, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I forgot to add we are going Sept 1st :)

Jason from Hampshire on August 22nd, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I’m so miffed that the princes aren’t there this year. That’s what I was most looking forward too. Especially Flynn Rider who was always vey popular. Seems odd to get rid of him. So disappointed :(

Eric from MA on August 22nd, 2014 at 8:29 pm

No Hades?? But what about Meg?
(Yeah, I know, she’s not -technically- a villain, even though she hangs around with them all the time…)

lora on August 22nd, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Will the wait times for Princess Hall, specifically Anna and Elsa, be quicker than during the normal park hours? Want to plan accordingly since we weren’t able to secure a fast pass for normal hours. Thanks!

Suzanne from MS on August 22nd, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Twelve of us going Oct. 9th dressed as characters from It’s a Small World. Can’t wait! Our fourth MNSSHP!

Sarah on August 22nd, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Will the Creepa Crew have a new dance routine this year? Our girls love to practice in advance so they can join in, but I haven’t seen a new video yet.

Victoria on August 23rd, 2014 at 12:06 am

So if Snow White and Aurora will be at Fairytale hall during MNSSHP who’s going to be at the Town Square Theatre besides Mickey? Any ideas?

Shawn Slater on August 24th, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Victoria – You can also meet Tinker Bell in her magical nook, accessible from inside Town Square Theater.

Tammi from FL on August 23rd, 2014 at 12:54 am

Got my Belle costume in the mail today. Can’t wait to be there on 10/2! Went 2 years ago on 10/30 and it was super crowded. Hoping for smaller crowds. My 7 year old is going to be Elsa with her own unique Elsa dress that she likes much better than the official ones. She’s also doing BBB on 10/2 for the first time.

Patricia on August 23rd, 2014 at 1:49 am

MNSSHP is our favorite Disney experience (well, besides the 24 hour days!)! We have been going for Halloween since 2004 and always go to at least 2 parties. This year it is 9/23 and 9/26. Can’t wait!

Julian on August 23rd, 2014 at 5:53 am

We’ll be there in two weeks! Can’t wait :)

june on August 23rd, 2014 at 6:34 am

we can’t wait to go the frist time we were going waswhen my daughters were 5&8 then it was rain out we are going on sept 21 we are so excited

Michael on August 23rd, 2014 at 7:22 am

Will the dance party in Frontierland with the Toy Story characters also be back?

John on August 23rd, 2014 at 9:59 am

Does this mean, now with Anna and Elsa, that all of the parties will sold out and be super crowded?

Also, what characters will be in Adventureland? Still Tarzan, Jane and Terk, or something new?

Michelle on August 23rd, 2014 at 10:15 am

Shawn, I’m so excited about the new changes! How cool is that to have princesses and their villains together?! Will Anna and Elsa be in Halloween costumes? Will we see Rapunzel and Flynn Rider together anywhere at the party? Flynn Rider and Dr. Facilier were son’s favorites last year. Kristoff is his his new favorite character from all the fun we’re having at Frozen Summer Fun. Will Kristoff make an appearance at the party? We are going to the first party! Can’t wait!

Amber on August 23rd, 2014 at 11:47 am

Does this mean that Rapunzel and Cinderella won’t be at the party? :(

Shawn Slater on August 28th, 2014 at 11:05 am

Amber – You will be able to find them inside Princess Fairytale Hall.

Jenna on August 23rd, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Our family won’t be going this year(we will be at EPCOT F&W festival though) but we’ve enjoyed it in the past. Hopefully, in 2-3 years we will return: My husband and I, my parents(who have been taking my sister and I to WDW since I was 2 1/2) and our daughter(who will hopefully be arriving this December). My husband and I can’t wait to share WDW with her. He is excited and wants her to have a tea party at THe Grand Floridian and do Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique…if that’s her thing.

Dakota on August 23rd, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Going to my first Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disneyland with a friend on October 14. So excited!!!

Geraldine on August 23rd, 2014 at 4:06 pm

I can not wait! This will be our 1st trip to Disney and we are very excited. We are attending the party on sept 9! Can you tell my excitement?

Rebecca on August 23rd, 2014 at 7:29 pm

What time can you get into the park if you have a ticket? Like 2 or 3pm? We have our Lilo and Stitch family costumes all ready (well, waiting for Stitch to arrive from China – he’d better make it before we leave!!!).

Shawn Slater on August 24th, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Rebecca – Your costumes sound great! With a ticket to the party, you can enter Magic Kingdom Park as early as 4 p.m.

kate on August 24th, 2014 at 12:20 am

Meeting the ‘bad guys’ is always so fun for our kids (and us ;-) ) – So excited to hear we can meet Maleficent – such an exciting time of year!

Nan on August 24th, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Will there be fast pass availability for the princesses or dining at Club Villian?

Sara on August 24th, 2014 at 11:23 pm

We’ll be there Sept 28! Do they offer FastPasses during the event? I want to ride the Mine Train without an hour wait!

Shawn Slater on August 27th, 2014 at 8:30 am

Nan and Sara – Fastpass+ is not available during special events, but you’ll be able to access those attractions via the regular standby queue.

Nan – Just to clarify, Club Villain is a dance party experience with villains at the Diamond Horseshoe. It won’t be a dining experience, like Club Evil was at our recent “Villains Unleashed” event.

Katie on August 25th, 2014 at 12:16 pm

so excited that anna and elsa will be there! we couldn’t get fast passes:(

Michele on August 25th, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Attending the party for the first time this year. Can’t wait. Should we eat before the party or is food included?

Shawn Slater on August 27th, 2014 at 8:33 am

Michele – Several quick service locations will be open for Guests to purchase food during the event. My family’s strategy, though, is to arrive at the park early (your ticket gets you in any time after 4 p.m.) and have dinner before the party starts. That way, we don’t spend precious trick-or-treating time sitting at a restaurant! ;-)

Rachael on August 25th, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Will the Villains still be meeting after the Villains Mix and Mingle – Live on Stage? (In addition to being in places around the park.) I hope so! If not, will Frollo be anywhere else? I haven’t seen him mentioned yet.

I’m going to the first party on Sept 1–it’s on my birthday! :)

Shawn Slater on August 27th, 2014 at 8:37 am

Rachael – Happy Birthday! And here’s my present to you… Judge Claude Frollo is expected to make appearances inside Club Villain during the Halloween party! The villains will not be coming down to meet Guests after the “Villains Mix & Mingle” show, as they have in the past. By having them around the park, though, they will be available most of the night and able to see as many Guests as possible.

Monica on August 26th, 2014 at 4:12 pm

It is a shame that we will see so many more villains compared to hero favorites like Woody, Buzz and Jessie, especially since they are in the new Halloween classic Toy Story of Terror! I have gone to the party for 5 years now and my family would love to see the Toy Story characters again. Are they going to be there? What characters are dancing at Tomorrowland this year!

Shawn Slater on August 27th, 2014 at 8:40 am

Monica – Tomorrowland will be hosting the Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball, with characters from “Monsters University” and “Monsters, Inc.” In Tomorrowland, you’ll also be able to meet “Toy Story” friends like Buzz Lightyear and Lotso. In fact, lots of other heroes and other Disney characters will be appearing around the park, we just wanted to highlight the villains in this blog post. As for Woody and Jessie, Guests still have the opportunity to meet them in Frontierland during regular Magic Kingdom Park hours.

Heidi on August 26th, 2014 at 5:38 pm

My family and I are going to MNSSHP for the first time in October – we’re so excited, we’ve been wanting to go for years! :) We have our Toy Story costumes all ready, so we were sorry to hear that the Woody’s Roundup dance party in Frontierland would be replaced by villains, along with Buzz being replaced by Lotso in Tomorrowland. Will there be any non-villain Toy Story characters there at all for meet-and-greets? With Toy Story of Terror being such a big hit, it’s really a shame to get rid of them all for the event. I know a lot of little kids (my son included) are scared of the villains, and it’s supposed to be not-so-scary! Adding villains is fine, but please don’t do it at the expense of the other (not-so-scary) characters! :)

Shawn Slater on August 27th, 2014 at 8:43 am

Heidi – No worries. Your son will have plenty of friends to meet during the party, including Buzz Lightyear. In many cases, the villains are appearing in addition to the other characters, not in place of them. Look for Aladdin in Adventureland, the Seven Dwarfs in Fantasyland, and more!

Amanda from IL on August 26th, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I’m also wondering about the Toy Story characters. I’m going as Jessie, and I’m really excited to meet her in costume. I really am looking forward to this event (my head is spinning just thinking about the food!), but I was saddened to see the Woody’s Roundup dance party gone. Any word at all if the Toy Story gang will be out?

Amie on August 27th, 2014 at 11:56 am

I will go MNSSHP for the first time with chip and dale costumes! I can’t wait!!!
However, I am so afraid that we may not meet and greet with chip and dale. I heard that they appeared at DJ party at tomorrowland last year. But this year’s DJ party will be held with Monsters Inc friends. Then, where can I meet them this year?? Please let me know!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.