Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Celebrating the Holidays with Christmas Fantasy at Tokyo Disneyland

MyMagic+: Video Captures Your Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Drop at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on August 13th, 2014 by Kelly Glassburn, Manager of Marketing & Communications, Disney’s PhotoPass Service

Why is it that the things that scare us the most are often the experiences we are drawn to again and again? I hate creepy crawlies, but when asked if I want to hold something like a giant tarantula … I always say yes! Or, when presented with the opportunity to drop 13 stories when you are really afraid of heights … you buckle up, close your eyes, and hope that you don’t embarrass yourself in front of a group of fellow thrill seekers.

Better yet, how many times have you wished to have those scary (but exhilarating) moments captured on video? The look, the screams, the panic and ultimately the relief on our faces when the moment is over – what if you could relive that experience over and over again with video? How cool would that be?

Well, guess what? Disney PhotoPass Service has introduced some awesome new technology, which will enable guests with a MagicBand and an active Memory Maker entitlement who ride The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror to receive a video memento of their 13-story drop! The video is automatically associated to your My Disney Experience account, and any linked Family & Friends and Managed guests on your account will also be able to view and share the video. Check it out!

So, get ready for a whole new level of memorable thrills if you have a MagicBand and Memory Maker! And if you are that guy, or that girl, who screams like a banshee on this attraction, we’ll let you relive that magical memory again, and again, and again.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, MyMagic+, Walt Disney World Resort

23 Comments 6 Replies Add Yours

Maxime on August 13th, 2014 at 4:08 pm

OMG!!!!! Can’t wait to try it in april 2015 !!!!!

Sandra from FL on August 13th, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Will we be able to request riding where a video will not be captured?

If this video idea will be implemented all over the parks, and we can’t opt out, it will make many attractions very unattractive.

Jason from Hampshire on August 13th, 2014 at 4:14 pm

This is a great addition! I can’t wait to try it next week! Does this replace the ride photo, or will that still be available as well?

Kelly Glassburn on August 14th, 2014 at 11:17 am

Hi @Jason! Attraction Photo Capture will still be available; we are just adding some extra magic.

Melanie on August 13th, 2014 at 4:16 pm

If someone else on my friends and family list owns the Memory Maker entitlement and I have given them permission to view and download my photos, will that person also be able to view and download my video? Please say yes!!!!

Kelly Glassburn on August 14th, 2014 at 11:18 am

@Melanie – I’m saying YES!!!!!

Ross from TX on August 13th, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Is there a total list of locations that use Memory Maker? I’m assuming the ride photos are included, but what are all of the “locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort”?
Thank you.

Kelly Glassburn on August 14th, 2014 at 11:19 am

Great question Ross! Memory Maker includes digital downloads of all the photos captured by our Disney PhotoPass Photographers in the parks. Photographers can be found at numerous locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort like park icons, Character Meet & Greets and other picture perfect locations. Memory Maker also includes photos from select attractions and dining locations.

Caitlin on August 13th, 2014 at 4:24 pm

When does this feature become available? I was just there in July 2014 and loved that we took advantage of the MemoryMaker!

Kelly Glassburn on August 14th, 2014 at 11:19 am

Video capture of your 13 story drop at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is now available. More experiences coming soon!

James on August 13th, 2014 at 4:54 pm

AWESOME! Just unreal – everyone with Disney is amazing – you have to love the creativity, ingenuity and Imagineering – you just can’t be topped kudos to Disney and thinking this up – what a great memory maker!

Thomas on August 13th, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Tried this last night. My photos have showed up, but still no videos… is this working yet?

Kasie on August 13th, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Is this what the video you receive looks like or is this just a promo?

Kelly Glassburn on August 14th, 2014 at 11:20 am

@Kasie – This is what the video you will see in your account will look like. Just visualize yourself with your Family & Friends instead of our volunteers in this video.

Melanie on August 13th, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Kasie – from what I’ve seen, this is exactly what you get but with your car of people dropped in. (no pun intended)

Christopher on August 14th, 2014 at 1:30 am

The best part of the video is that’s it’s narrated by Dee Vee (from DVC) and a Citizen of Hollywood.

Patrick on August 14th, 2014 at 2:48 am

What about Photopass+ users? We will be going next month and do still have an old Photopass+ voucher!

Kelly Glassburn on August 14th, 2014 at 11:21 am

@Patrick – Attraction Video capture is only available for guests with a MagicBand and an active Memory Maker entitlement.

Mark on August 14th, 2014 at 1:27 pm

@Sandra – this is just like the current “attraction photos” at many rides not just at Disney Parks, but just about every theme park in the world. None of them offer “opt-out”. You just simply don’t buy the photo. In this case, this is linked to your MagicMemories entitlement, which means your purchased the ability (and thus the desire) to have these available to you. As far as I can tell – and perhaps Kelly can verify for us – there is no indication that these videos would be available at the PhotoPass location at the exit of the attraction, while the photos still would be. Really, the only difference over the photos? These move…. ;)

Jaime on August 14th, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Will videos come to the land (D-land) at some point?

Luc� on August 17th, 2014 at 8:16 pm

We can download the video from our acounts?

Laura on August 18th, 2014 at 10:12 am

Does it have to be a MagicBand? We’re not staying onsite but have MYW tickets and Memory Maker?

Meghan on August 18th, 2014 at 9:57 pm

We actually went on Tower of Terror the day this was posted August 13th, and it’s not on my memory maker page. Would it be anywhere else?

Charles on September 2nd, 2014 at 11:02 am

Bummer. Wish Memory Maker wasn’t a requirement….That’s $200 and all I want is the cool video, not a bunch of pictures — as a local pass holder I need few pictures to retain my memories but would love the video!

Michael on September 2nd, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Came back from our Disney World vacation last week and was pleasantly surprised to see these videos in my account! Very cool and an awesome Disney surprise…

Elizabeth on September 2nd, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Tower of Terror is my very least favorite ride ever. It’s my boyfriend’s favorite ride ever, but only when I ride it with him and he gets to experience my unbridled terror firsthand. Maybe if I get just one video of myself screaming uncontrollably, he will quit making me ride it. Thanks, Disney!

Allison on September 2nd, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I was there on August 27th and rode the Tower of Terror and had the Memory Maker but a video is not showing up. I am assuming that I need to call to find my video. HMMM???

Jen on September 3rd, 2014 at 10:33 am

This is my favorite ride and when we were going through out pics we saw the videos…they are fantastic. We took my 5 year old granddaughter on this ride…it was the start of the trust breaking, the video was amazing!!! she wouldn’t ride it again so we baby swapped a few times to go on this during our days at the park. Great addition to the pics they use. Make sure you get a phone pic of your drop though, this technology is not perfected and we lost a few pics from Dinosaur. If you get the # they can look it up in their system.

Darren from NJ on September 4th, 2014 at 12:07 pm

We rode om 8/25/14, and see the pictures but not the video. Where do we find the video?

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.