Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Preview of Merchandise and Food & Beverage Coming to Villains Unleashed Event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on August 14th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

VUM796631

A record number of Disney villains will be unleashed during a special event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 23. This separately ticketed event will include some awesome entertainment and opportunities for up close encounters with some of the most popular Disney villains. Guests attending the event will also find event merchandise and a variety of food & beverage offerings. Here is a sneak preview at what you can expect.

VUM796632

We’ve developed a small assortment of event logo merchandise that includes my all-time favorite villain, Hades (he rules!). Guests should look for both women’s and men’s T-shirts, a limited-release pin and a water bottle. These items will be sold in the Studio Prop Shop located near the Studio Backlot Tour at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

I also learned that the Villainy in the Skies Fireworks Spectacular that night will have some Glow with the Show elements so don’t forget your ear hat.

VUM796634THUMB VUM796633THUMB

The food & beverage team has also created some incredibly delicious offerings for the party. I love the Disney villain-themed hot dogs, and the Maleficent cupcake sounds amazing – dark chocolate cake filled with a decadent blackberry filling topped with smooth blackberry buttercream (well, well!).

At Club Evil in The Hollywood Brown Derby, the Disney chefs will offer an assortment of small plate menu items. These “Villanishious” items include things like “Cruellas Devious Eyes” – fresh mozzarella with ugly ripe tomato spheres, balsamic gelée and basil oil powder – or “The Queen of Hearts famous ‘Off with their heads’”!, which is deviled eggs, pig crackling and a garlic chili gelée and lobster custard with Tobiko caviar and citrus oil.

VUM796635

Guest should also look for specialty cocktails at Club Evil and at select bar locations throughout the party. There will also be non-alcoholic option called “Pain and Panic Punch,” which is apple juice, Monin pomegranate, Monin vanilla topped with soda water.

After reading the entire menu, I’m ready to party right now!

If you are going, I invite you to join the conversation online with the hashtag #VillainsUnleashed. I can’t wait to see photos of the more than 50 Disney villains that night!

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

16 Comments 11 Replies Add Yours

Kate on August 14th, 2014 at 9:09 am

That drink w/ worm looks awesome!

Steven Miller on August 14th, 2014 at 9:08 pm

@Kate – I know!!! :)

Jason from Hampshire on August 14th, 2014 at 9:17 am

I’m so excited – I don’t know how I’m going to fit everything in! There’s so much to do/see!

Jessica on August 14th, 2014 at 11:35 am

Can you please confirm what time guests in costume with only an event ticket will be able to enter the park? Also can you please clarify if that differs from guests who do not come in costume? Thank you!

Steven Miller on August 14th, 2014 at 9:11 pm

@Jessica – I invite you to check out this page on DisneyWorld.com:

The “Know Before You Go” section has a few important things like:

- Entry to Disney’s Hollywood Studios begins at 5:00 PM. Please plan on arriving prior to the start of the event to ensure you have time to park and enter the theme park.

- A credential is required to enter the special event. To retrieve your credential, please show your event ticket at the Main Entrance. If you are already inside the park prior to the start of the event, there will be designated areas in the park where you can pick up to receive your credential.

I would also invite you to read this story from my fellow author Jennifer Fickley-Baker:

Ron on August 14th, 2014 at 2:31 pm

I have tickets. What is the limit of people allowed to enter?

Steven Miller on August 14th, 2014 at 9:12 pm

@Ron – I’m a little unsure how to answer your question. Do you have tickets to the event? This page on DisneyWorld.com may help answer some questions:

There is additional information found in this story which may help:

Cat on August 14th, 2014 at 2:55 pm

I wish they had this at the Disneyland Resort! :(

Ethan on August 14th, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Will there be any specially themed gift cards for this event?

Steven Miller on August 14th, 2014 at 9:12 pm

@Ethan – I’ve not seen any such development.

Jennifer on August 14th, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I’m so ridiculously excited about this event and the merchandise looks fabulous! Can’t wait to dress up as one of my favorite villains, like you Steven, it’s Hades! (Altho, I’m doing a female version.) Can’t wait to see it all together!

Steven Miller on August 14th, 2014 at 9:16 pm

@Jennifer – That’s awesome!! I considered dressing up as Hades for the Rock Your Disney Side 24-Hour Party in May (Orange Bird won). I hope you share a photo using the hashtag #VillainsUnleashed. :)

Matt on August 14th, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Is anybody here going to that event? I will not be able to make it and very much would like to get a T-Shirt or two? OR….is there a way that we can purchase those shirts if we are not at the event?

Steven Miller on August 14th, 2014 at 9:17 pm

@Matt – We aren’t offering a way to purchase the shirts outside of the event. Sorry.

Lisa on August 15th, 2014 at 11:51 am

Are reservations needed for Club Evil? I am super duper excited!! :) :)

Jordan on August 15th, 2014 at 8:54 pm

I’m so happy! I’ve been waiting my whole life to meet Meg. This is going to be the absolute best.

So, does Hollywood Studios itself not open till 5pm that day? I’d like to get there as early as possible!

Thank you so much for everything omg omg

Steven Miller on August 19th, 2014 at 9:22 am

@Jordan – Disney’s Hollywood Studios will operate during the day but will close for the special event that night. This is similar to how Magic Kingdom Park closes for ticketed events like Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.

You may want to read this story which offers some additional details:

Karen on August 19th, 2014 at 11:10 am

I’ve been trying to figure out if there will be Photopass Photographers at the event, and the information line was less than helpful. Do you know if we can take pictures with the characters? Any updates on if we can get autographs?

Steven Miller on August 19th, 2014 at 12:44 pm

@Karen – I spoke with a few of my partners who confirmed that Disney Photopass photographers will be at just about all character locations during the event. We will also be providing pre-autographed cards similar to what was done during Long Lost Friends week during our Limited Time Magic celebration last year.

Cindy from FL on August 19th, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Will there be special Villians Popcorn buckets??

Steven Miller on August 19th, 2014 at 12:50 pm

@Cindy – I contacted my partners with Food & Beverage. A specially designed Villains popcorn bucket will not be offered. They mentioned there will be a glow cube that resembles a poison apple which sounds awesome.

Cindy from FL on August 19th, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Thanks for the response, Steven! I will be on the lookout for that cube!

Karen on August 19th, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Thanks so much for the response! This blog is so helpful! :)

Jim on August 24th, 2014 at 6:40 am

Steve, we did the party last night and it was awesome but lines were crazy long. It was an hour and a half wait for merchandise. Any chance that some merchandise will be available on line?

Steven Miller on August 26th, 2014 at 11:36 am

@Jim – At this point, we will not be offering these items on our Disney Parks online store. I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you.

alicia on September 3rd, 2014 at 10:11 pm

We attended the event and were not able to purchase due to shortage of merchandise. Will you be selling more t-shirts online?

Steven Miller on September 7th, 2014 at 9:04 am

@Alicia – I wish I had better news for you. At this time, we will not be offering these shirts online.

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.