Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Interview with Imagineer Lisa Girolami Aboard Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland Park

posted on September 2nd, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Disneyland park guests have been wowed by the updates to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad ever since it re-opened this spring. I recently took a ride on the attraction with Imagineer Lisa Girolami, who oversaw its extensive refurbishment. The wildest ride in the wilderness might not be the best place for an in-depth interview, but it sure is the most fun!

What do you like best about Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland park? Tell us in the comments!

See the posts below for more on the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

8 Comments 3 Replies Add Yours

Oleg from CA on September 2nd, 2014 at 7:46 pm

That looked like it was fun to do the interview.

Erin Glover on September 4th, 2014 at 7:13 pm

It was!

Antone on September 2nd, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Lisa, I hope I get to shake your hand one day. You and your team did a great job refurbishing Big Thunder. One of my favorite effects on ANY ride at Disney parks is the new mine shaft explosions. Great job helping the guests have a “blast” on Big Thunder!

Emily on September 2nd, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I think the best thing about Big Thunder is the thrill it brings when you go on it. No matter if you’re going on it for the very first time or if you’re going on it for the 100th time,you get that same thrill of an amazing thrill ride and a roller coaster. The sore throat you get after riding the ride after screaming your head off is worth it every time!

Michael on September 3rd, 2014 at 10:56 am

We traveled to Disneyland for the first time this weekend for the Disney Dumbo Double Dare. One of our favorite rides was Big Thunder Mountain. Job well done with the new effects!

Philip on September 3rd, 2014 at 12:32 pm

I look forward to those incredible new effects and enhancements being installed at Walt Disney World’s Big Thunder in the very near future.

ellen on September 3rd, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Erin, I thought it was an awesome interview and the “specia effects”” that we’re added by the imagineers are so lifelike. I can’t wait to visit someday and ride the “Wildest ride in the Wilderness”!
It’s always one of the first rides we race to when visiting the Magic Kingdom!
Ellen

Daniel from CA on September 3rd, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Can’t wait to see where Erin’s next interview will take her. After this one & the earlier interview with the Abominable Snowman, what’s next? An interview with the Fantasmic Dragon (be careful!)? Or an interview with an Imagineer about the about-to-be-reopened Finding Nemo Submarines, while in the lagoon wearing scuba gear? Erin, you have the coolest job…

Erin Glover on September 4th, 2014 at 7:13 pm

I like those ideas, Daniel!

Jessica on September 3rd, 2014 at 1:42 pm

haha definitely the most UNIQUE interview style i’ve ever seen XD

Can’t wait to ride that the next time I visit and see the modifications :)

Erin Glover on September 4th, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Glad you enjoyed it, Jessica! ;)

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.