Valentine’s Day is February 14th, but why limit date night to just one Sunday? I’ve always considered Disney Springs one of the very best spots for a fun night out, whether you’re looking for a treat yo’ self-splurge or something more casual and carefree.
This year, there’s even more to love at Disney Springs, with plenty of new options for romance. Read on for a few of my favorite ideas for couples:
- Love is an adventure—especially at Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar: with themed cocktails and inventive small plates, I suggest starting with drinks and splitting an appetizer before moving on to dinner. (This is also a favorite watering hole for late night escapades!)
- Do a classic date night better, with dinner at one of our new (or newly expanded!) hot spots: by now, you’ve heard the buzz about Morimoto Asia – it’s in the spotlight for a reason. The exquisitely prepared Pan Asian cuisine pairs perfectly with the upscale ambience of the dining room. I also love their curated beverage menu … the sake sangria is perfect for sharing. On Valentine’s Weekend, make a reservation to enjoy a special prix fixe dinner: $85 per person gets you four courses and features the impressive Morimoto Peking Duck dish. If you prefer the flavors of the Americas, visit Paradiso 37. Here, a new expansion added nearly 500 additional seats, many with waterfront views. The updated wine bar is another nice enhancement. Of course, their menu continues to impress and on Valentine’s Day, couples can enjoy a five-course meal (Grilled Filet Oscar or Seared Black Grouper, anyone?) at $39.99 per person.
- Be sweet at The Ganachery: An intimate space showcasing sophisticated ganache made in-house, it’s no surprise that this Disney owned and operated chocolate boutique often has a line to get in. Choose your own favorites among 16 flavors, or pick up a pre-selected assortment of treats hand-picked to create the ultimate Valentine’s gift.
- Toast to your better half with a Wine Tasting Cruise at The BOATHOUSE: The newest experience at The Landing ships off Valentine’s Day Weekend. February 12-14, you can enjoy an intimate cruise about The Venezia, a breathtaking 40-ft water taxi. Reservations are required and are limited to 10 guests (groups are welcome!); the cost is $150 per person for the one-hour wine-and-hors d’oeuvers-included voyage, departing at 4:30pm. Call 407-939-2628 to book.
- Fall in love with “La Nouba” all over again, thanks to brand-new acts: The breakdancing b-boys will get your heart pumping while a you-need-to-see-it-to-believe-it aerial bamboo act brings pure romance. Though the show is dark on Valentine’s Day, there is plenty of opportunity to catch this classic Cirque du Soleil spectacle with the one you love. Visit the “La Nouba” website or call (407) 939-7600 to purchase tickets.
Which date idea sounds most fun to you? (Though really, why pick just one … February has just begun, so if you plan things just right, you may be able to do all of the above this month—that’s definitely something to love!)