Tomorrow, August 12, and Thursday, August 13, Disney Interactive is hosting this year’s Disney Infinity Toy Box Summit, at the Disneyland Resort. Top Toy Box Artists from around the world will gather for an in-depth, hands-on look at the newly enhanced Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Toy Box mode, meet the developers from Avalanche Software – the team behind the successful “toys-to-life” franchise – and compete in a Toy Box building competition.
The Toy Box Summit events will be held from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. PDT on August 12 and 13, and you can follow along with the livestream at twitch.tv/disney.
At the conclusion of Wednesday’s panels, Toy Box Artists will be teamed up with a Toy Box Mentor to compete in the first-ever Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition building competition. They will have all afternoon and evening to build the best Toy Boxes possible. Though this portion of the day will not be livestreamed on Twitch, the live event coverage will continue on Periscope and Twitter at @DisneyInfinity.
A panel of judges will decide the Toy Box 3.0 Competition winner based on theme, design, gameplay and creativity. In addition, the community will be invited to vote for its favorite, which will be announced next week.
Here is the full schedule of activities, which you can see at twitch.tv/disney:
Wednesday, August 12 (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Toy Box Summit Keynote featuring John Blackburn, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Avalanche Software; John Vignocchi, Vice President, Production, Disney Infinity; and Allison Petrek, Lead Community Manager, Disney Infinity.
- Toy Box Showdown featuring a talented mix of Toy Box community and team members as they take audience suggestions on what to build in the game’s signature mode.
- Toy Box 3.0 Panels:
- The Walt Disney Company Creative Minds – Led by Jeff Bunker, VP, Art Development, Avalanche Software.
- Spotlight on Toy Box 3.0 – Featuring Disney Infinity Game Director Bob Lowe and community mentors Troy Johnson and Patrick Efird who will detail all of the new features available in Toy Box 3.0.
- Becoming a Toy Box Artist – Featuring Avalanche Software community mentors detailing their journey to joining the Disney Infinity family and giving advice to other budding Toy Box Artists.
- Joining Forces for 3.0 – Disney Infinity joined forces with development studios to create Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition. Learn how Ninja Theory, Studio Gobo and Sumo Digital’s expertise played a unique role in the development of the upcoming Play Sets and Toy Box Expansion Games.
- Starting Your Own Channel – Panel showcasing top personalities from Twitch, YouTube and the Disney Infinity community team who will discuss how they first got started and share tips for creating exceptional gaming content on each platform.
Thursday, August 13, 2015 (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Toy Box 3.0 Competition Showcase – The livestream begins again as Toy Box building teams show off their creations by playing in their Toy Boxes.
For more information on Disney Infinity, please visit www.disney.com/infinity and www.youtube.com/disneyinfinity, join the Disney Infinity Facebook community and Google+ community, and follow on Twitter and Instagram.