Recently we shared with you a mom’s take on cruising with us, hearing from one of our Disney Parks Moms Panelists, Diane, about her family’s experiences over the years. Today, we’re hearing from another panelist, Dolly, whose family has joined us on voyages all around the world.
Like many of you, Dolly and her family’s love for vacationing with Disney started with visits to our parks and resorts, and now their love also includes sailing with us – what she calls “a different way to do Disney.” Take a look at this video to discover how a Disney cruise combines what you love most about Disney with the relaxation, comfort and convenience of a cruise vacation …
What makes a Disney vacation at sea so special for your family?
We’re nearly two weeks away from the start of this year’s first Halloween on the High Seas cruise! As we prepare for our extra spooky celebration, bringing ghoulishly good fun to all four ships, we’re putting the finishing touches on our new Pumpkin Trees. Check out these behind-the-scenes photos of our team getting the trees ready to plant on the ships …
If you look closely, you may even see some of the décor for our Very Merrytime Cruises. And you thought you needed a lot of space to store your holiday decorations! Who else is excited to celebrate Halloween and all of the winter holidays with Disney Cruise Line?
For more about Halloween on the High Seas with Disney Cruise Line, visit these posts:
If you’ve never cruised with us, our 3- and 4-night sailings are a great way for you to “test the waters.” But something I hear all of the time from first-time cruisers is how much they wish they chose a longer voyage for their family vacation. For those of you who want to persuade your loved one to spend an entire week at sea with us, be sure to share my top seven reasons to take a 7-night Disney cruise …
- You have 165 hours to eat as many Mickey Bars as you’d like. And that’s not all … with our 24/7 beverage stations and room service, included in your cruise, it’s easy to satisfy whatever you’re craving, whenever you want!
- You can eat twice in each of the three family restaurants … and still have a night for an adult-only dinner at Palo. Your taste buds are sure to thank you – and so are your kids after they get to see not one but two awesome shows at Animator’s Palate. And I think no explanation is necessary as to why you won’t want to miss your chance to have a romantic date night at Palo, wining and dining like you’re in Italy!
- You’ll have more chances to be blown away by the spectacular entertainment in the Walt Disney Theatre. Every night is show time in our grand theatre, so not only will you get to see three Broadway-style musicals, you’ll also have time to catch a first-run film, watch an amusing variety performer and enjoy our heartfelt welcome and farewell theatrical productions.
- You can explore more of the world, still unpacking just once. All of our voyages visit stunning destinations … there’s just more of them on a weeklong cruise! Most of our 7-night cruises call on at least three or more ports, with itineraries visiting Alaska, Norway, the Baltic, the Mediterranean or the Caribbean (including Southern, Eastern and Western itineraries).
- You’ll have double the fun in the adult-exclusive night clubs. With the kids off having a blast in our clubs just for them, you won’t want to miss the fun in our clubs just for you! We have several venues to suit your tastes and mood, from a champagne bar and an elegant lounge to a sports pub and a dance club. Of course more nights gives you the opportunity to experience them all.
- You’ll get extra special chances to say hi to your favorite Disney pals. From character breakfasts to high tea with princesses and photo opps with Anna and Elsa, some meet-and-greets are exclusive to 7-night or longer voyages. Need I say more?
- More nights = more towel animals! Let’s be honest, walking into your stateroom each night to see a new towel animal creation never gets old, does it?
Now it’s your turn … why is a 7-night Disney cruise a great option for your family’s vacation?
Now that Santa is refreshed from his summer cruise vacation, planning for this year’s Very Merrytime Cruises is in full force! Our holiday fun kicks off in November, which means our team of elves is already busy preparing festive decorations to add a little (okay, a lot of!) sparkle to each ship.
What does it take to decorate a Disney ship so it’s decked to the “raft-ers” with holiday cheer? Take a look at this video full of fun facts about all we’re bringing onboard to make our Very Merrytime Cruises so very merry!
If you are thinking about cruising with us for the first time, you probably want to know more about what it will be like for your family. Who better to ask than another parent?
You may have heard about the Disney Parks Moms Panel, a super helpful resource for planning your Disney vacation, but did you know that there are three Disney Cruise Line specialists on the panel? These moms have sailed with us multiple times over the years and have so many good insights for families. We caught up with one of our panelists, Diane, to get her take on what a family can look forward to on a Disney cruise.
Check it out!
See below for more from the “Mom’s Take” Disney Cruise Line series
“Frozen” fun has gone nautical! If you sailed with us recently, you may have seen these two royal sisters for the first time in forever together on a Disney ship.
Princess Anna and Queen Elsa kicked off their Royal Tour of our ships and are surprising Disney cruisers with special appearances on select seven-night or longer voyages. I had the chance to meet Anna and Elsa on the Disney Wonder in Alaska, where this photo was taken, and for a moment I felt as if I’d been transported to Arendelle!
Of course we can’t forget about Olaf, who has been relaxing in the summer sun at Castaway Cay since last winter. I bet he’s looking gorgeously tanned by now!
Ho, ho, ho! If you’re following @DisneyCruise on Twitter, you probably saw Santa Claus was spotted onboard this summer. What may have surprised you is what he was doing…
But even this jolly man needs time away to recharge! His visit brought a smile to lots of faces, including some of your favorite Disney pals. We managed to capture a little of his fun on video, so sit back and enjoy this exclusive look at Santa’s summer vacation on a Disney cruise…
Even if you missed Santa this summer, you have plenty of chances to hang out with him onboard this winter. Starting in early November, he’s visiting each of our ships for our Very Merrytime Cruises through the end of December. We’ll be sharing more details on these cruises soon, but in the meantime, you can learn about them on our website at this link and on Twitter with #DCLHolidays.
Once again we’re teaming up with runDisney for another Castaway Cay Challenge. This time, we’re calling all princesses!
Runners who complete the Castaway Cay 5K during the February 23-27 Disney Dream voyage, in addition to one 5K event or longer during the 2015 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, will earn the Castaway Cay Challenge finisher medal. This is only the second opportunity ever for Disney cruisers to take on this challenge.
If you’ve never joined us for the 5K on Castaway Cay, you’re in for a treat! You’ll be one of the first off the ship once we dock at our private island for amazing views of the pristine lagoons and beaches. And of course, like any Disney race, you’ll be thrilled with surprise magical moments and entertainment throughout the race.
Registration opens tomorrow at noon ET. Head over to runDisney.com for all of the details, and then grab your running shoes and swim suit for what’s sure to be an incredible week of fun!
If you missed our announcement of the inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge in January 2015, take a look back at all the details here. We’re so excited to be partnering with runDisney on these two exclusive events for Disney cruisers!
Summertime may just be getting started, but I’m already excited about the fun in store for Disney cruisers this fall. For the first time ever, we are celebrating Halloween on the High Seas aboard all four ships!
Last year, our Halloween on the High Seas cruises aboard the Disney Dream were so popular that this year we’re bringing the excitement to the Disney Fantasy, Disney Wonder and Disney Magic, too!
Beginning this September, our Halloween-themed cruises are packed with costume parties, frighteningly fun activities, lively entertainment and even a Pumpkin Tree that magically transforms throughout the cruise. (More on that next week!)
If you love a ghoulishly good time as much as we do, you’re sure to agree that Halloween is better on the High Seas. Here’s just seven reasons why we think so …
Happy Fourth of July! We know that holidays are when many families reconnect and spend time together, which is why we work to make them special for those celebrating onboard with us.
Today, it’s not just our ships adorned with red, white and blue…
Up on deck, we’re throwing a special party, complete with streamers, American flags and patriotic music, plus a special performance by Mickey and the gang! Kids can get their faces painted, join in on arts and crafts and help decorate the youth clubs in red, white and blue.
We’re even serving patriotic food and beverages, including blueberry muffins with red, white and blue icing for breakfast, an American themed buffet for lunch and additional All-American selections for dinner. Our drinks of the day are “The American” and “BlueBerry Lemon Ice Tea.”
If you weren’t able to join us onboard today, make yourself one of these refreshing drinks and say “cheers” with your family to your next Disney cruise!
- 1 ½ oz White Tequila
- ½ oz St Germain Elderflower
- Dash of Watermelon Syrup
- ¼ oz Agave Nectar
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- Garnish- watermelon skewers
BlueBerry Lemon Ice Tea
- Exotic Berry Ice Tea
- Fresh Berries (muddled)
- Top with Sprite
- Garnish: Berries