You wanted to see “Tomorrowland.” Here it comes!
Our sneak peek of the new Disney movie begins Friday, April 17, at Disneyland park. Head over to the Tomorrowland Theater for an exclusive look at scenes from the film, complete with special in-theater effects. And you can continue your “Tomorrowland” experience by exploring an all-new exhibit in the Starcade, featuring original props and production artwork.
For those of you visiting Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, you can catch this Disney Parks-exclusive preview of “Tomorrowland” at Epcot, where the sneak peek begins its special engagement at the Imagination Pavilion in Future World on Saturday, April 18, and continues through May 24. At Epcot, you’ll also get a close-up look at one of the jet packs used in the film, along with a display of conceptual art and photos from the set.
In Disney’s riveting mystery adventure “Tomorrowland,” a jaded scientist and an optimistic teen embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space. Directed by two-time Oscar® winner Brad Bird, “Tomorrowland” stars Academy Award® winner George Clooney as scientist and former boy-genius Frank Walker and Britt Robertson as Casey Newton. Featuring a screenplay by “Lost” writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen, “Tomorrowland” promises to take audiences on a thrill ride of nonstop adventures through new dimensions that have only been dreamed of.
Here’s a look at the latest trailer for “Tomorrowland,” opening in theaters on May 22, 2015.
To paraphrase a certain scruffy looking nerf herder, I’ve flown from one side of the galaxy to the other, and I’ve seen a lot of cool stuff … but nothing as cool as Star Wars Weekends. This year’s event is shaping up to be among the best, with a new show, new locations for merchandise and autograph opportunities and a galaxy of stars that includes returning favorites and luminaries making their first hyperspace jump to Star Wars Weekends!
So shall we dispense with the pleasantries?
Here are the celebrities scheduled to appear for Star Wars Weekends 2015 (entertainment is subject to change):
Weekend I (May 15 – 17)
- Ian McDiarmid: Senator/Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Amy Allen: Aayla Secura (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)
- Tiya Sircar: Sabine Wren (Star Wars Rebels)
Weekend II (May 22 – 24)
- Warwick Davis: Wald, Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Silas Carson: Ki-Adi-Mundi, Nute Gunray (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)
- Vanessa Marshall: Hera Syndulla (Star Wars Rebels)
Weekend III (May 29 – 31)
- Warwick Davis: Wald, Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Daniel Logan: Boba Fett (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
- Steve Blum: Zeb Orrelios (Star Wars Rebels)
Weekend IV (June 5 – 7)
- Ray Park: Darth Maul (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace)
- Jeremy Bulloch: Boba Fett (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Ashley Eckstein: Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars: The Clone Wars; Star Wars Rebels)
Weekend V (June 12 – 14)
- Frank Oz: Yoda (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi; Star Wars Rebels)
- Ray Park: Darth Maul (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace)
- Peter Mayhew: Chewbacca (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith; Star Wars: A New Hope; Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Taylor Gray: Ezra Bridger (Star Wars Rebels)
Of course, Star Wars Weekends host James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels) will be appearing every week, and in addition to Ashley Eckstein’s Weekend IV guest spot, she will also be joining us every day of the event as host of “Padawan Mind Challenge – Family Edition.”
Details are still coming together for the event, but some of the highlights of what’s new for Star Wars Weekends 2015 include:
- “Star Wars: Rebels” – Relive the adventurous twists and turns of the first exciting season of the Disney XD series “Star Wars: Rebels,” in an all-new show with Star Wars Weekends host James Arnold Taylor and a special guest from the show’s voice cast … along with a few surprises!
- Autograph Opportunities – For the first time, autograph sessions with Star Wars celebrities will be held in an indoor location, just off Commissary Lane near Star Tours – The Adventure Continues. For complete details about autograph opportunities, be sure to visit StarWarsWeekends.com prior to your visit.
- Darth’s Mall – Can’t find the droids you’re looking for? Head over to this new complex of shops near Streets of America for the best selection of Star Wars merchandise in this galaxy or any other!
All this, plus dozens of Star Wars characters appearing throughout the park, yummy Star Wars-inspired treats and the spectacular fireworks finale, “Symphony in the Stars.” It just goes to show you that Star Wars Weekends is as close to the Force as you can get!
Believe it or not, we still have more to share with you in the weeks ahead, so keep checking Disney Parks Blog and StarWarsWeekends.com for updates, and keep the conversation going on social media using #SWW2015!
Music always has been very important to the guest experience at Disneyland, creating a magical connection to the Happiest Place on Earth. During the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, music will become an even bigger part of the storytelling within Disneyland park. Beginning July 17, the 60th anniversary of the Disneyland Resort, two changes are coming to our music program.
First, the beloved musical acts in Disneyland park will increase the number of performances throughout the day, and second, the iconic Disneyland Band will premiere a new sound – with new musical arrangements and themed performances – along with more musicians and high-energy choreography. These enhancements will provide a new level of musical entertainment throughout the day.
We’ll have more to share about the exciting updates coming to the Disneyland Band (including how Disneyland park guests will be able to join their performances!) so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog.
What if there was a place … a secret place where nothing is impossible?
You wanna go? Well, soon you can, when Disney’s riveting mystery adventure “Tomorrowland” makes its debut in theaters. In the meantime, visitors to Tomorrowland at the Disneyland Resort and Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort can catch an exclusive preview of scenes from the movie.
For a limited time, a sneak peek of “Tomorrowland” will be presented with special in-theater effects at the Imagination Pavilion theater at Epcot and the Tomorrowland Theater at Disneyland park.
Directed by Oscar® winner Brad Bird and starring Academy Award® winner George Clooney, “Tomorrowland” tells the story of a jaded scientist and an optimistic teen who embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space. “Tomorrowland” features a screenplay by “Lost” writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen.
The Disney Parks-exclusive “Tomorrowland” sneak peek begins in mid-April at Epcot and Disneyland park. With every second that ticks by, the future is running out, so be sure to take advantage of this special opportunity before “Tomorrowland” opens in theaters on May 22, 2015.
It’s shaping up to be the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort, and one of the biggest highlights of the season is sure to be the return of “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, with favorite characters, unforgettable music, delightful enhancements and immersive experiences.
This summer-long special event features a full day of “Frozen” fun from park open to park close, including a royal procession, a sing-along celebration, fun photo opportunities, “Frozen” merchandise, specialty food and beverage offerings and a grand finale fireworks spectacular.
- Frozen Royal Welcome – Twice each day, Anna, Elsa and Kristoff take part in a festive cavalcade throughout Hollywoodland, accompanied by the Royal Arendelle Flag Corps and a flurry of skaters, skiiers and ice cutters – along with lovable snowman, Olaf. Anna leads the procession in a beautiful horse-drawn sleigh, with Elsa gliding by on a stunning, ice palace float. The entire procession pauses twice along the route in tribute to these visitors from Arendelle, as everyone in Hollywoodland is invited to join in singing “Let It Go!”
- For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Just in time for this year’s “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE event, this popular show moves into the beautiful Hyperion Theater (formerly Superstar Television Theater), located right in the heart of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Royal Historians of Arendelle host a fun and comedic retelling of the unique story of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen,” plus all-new in-theater effects and special appearances by Anna, Elsa and Kristoff.
- Olaf’s Summer Cool Down – Several times each day, the Ambassador of Hollywoodland brings Olaf and some of his friends to the Event Stage to have a little fun with everyone “In Summer.” And as temperatures heat up, Olaf happily shares a burst from his personal snow cloud to cool things off.
- “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Once the sun goes down, a dance party takes over the area around the Event Stage, with DJ Chill and some of your favorite Disney characters. Using a special event hashtag, you can share song requests and photos over social media, to be featured onscreen during the party.
- “Frozen” Fireworks – As the night comes to a close, Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf come together at the Event Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen” and, of course, a flurry of snow!
“Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE starts June 17 and continues daily through September 7 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Who’s going?
Spring is in the air, and one of our most popular springtime events at Disneyland park is ready to make its return, with plenty of flowers and color and fun!
Starting March 20, Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree in Frontierland will be all decked out for the annual Springtime Roundup. Some of your favorite Disney characters will be stopping by to meet you, along with Mr. Easter Bunny and a carrot patch of famous Disney rabbits – from Thumper to Roger! And several times each day, a group of dancing cowboys and cowgirls comes together for a lively hoedown and “bunny hop” that will get you off your feet and joining right in.
Springtime Roundup brings all that excitement, plus fresh spring talent from Disney Performing Arts, egg decorating demonstrations, fun crafts, yummy treats and more. It kicks off March 20 at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree and keeps going daily through April 12. After that, the fun continues on weekends through June 7, so hop on down the Big Thunder Trail and join us!
The Doc is in! At least, she will be once Doc McStuffins begins making regular appearances at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this summer.
We’re hard at work creating a dedicated space for Doc in the park’s Animation Courtyard, adjacent to “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!” Once it’s complete in May, you’ll be able to visit with Doc in a setting inspired by her playhouse clinic on the popular TV show.
Dottie “Doc” McStuffins is a nurturing, six-year-old girl who can talk to the stuffed animals and toys she cares for, diagnosing their “ouchies” with help from her mom (a real doctor) and her Big Book of Boo Boos. The acclaimed, Emmy-nominated series “Doc McStuffins” airs daily on Disney Channel and Disney Junior.
And don’t forget! You can also see Doc McStuffins in “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!” and spend time with her during Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine at Hollywood & Vine, both at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort.
Planning a visit to the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival this spring? If so, you’re in for a treat! We’ve recently introduced several new atmosphere entertainment experiences throughout the international pavilions of World Showcase, and there’s even more on the way.
- Italy – Join in the music, energy and flair of the spectacularly choreographed flag-throwing team of Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro. Featuring hand-painted flags, magnificent period costumes and live music, the Sbandieratori bring to dynamic life a rich, 500-year Italian tradition that’s not to be missed.
- United Kingdom – Strolling the quaint streets of the United Kingdom pavilion, you can enjoy a delightful, acoustic performance by Paul McKenna Band, a traditional four-piece group from Glasgow, Scotland, whose contemporary approach to songs never strays too far from their Scottish, folk music roots.
- Canada – On the Mill Stage, the Canadian Lumberjacks demonstrate their professional skills in a safe and friendly competition, a time-honored tradition from Canada’s great timber and logging areas, featuring axe throwing, chopping, log rolling and more.
- Morocco – B’net Al Houwariyate, a multi-generational Berber music and dance troupe from Marrakesh, takes to the Medina stage of the Morocco pavilion for a lively and interactive performance, illuminating the stories and experiences of women in Morocco.
Starting this week, Voices of Liberty has a fresh new look and sound for their appearances on the outdoor stage at America Gardens Theatre. Two days each week, this remarkable 8-part a cappella group is bringing their talents to even more guests, performing fresh arrangements of popular American songs, both classic and contemporary. Voices of Liberty will continue their traditional performances in the rotunda of The American Adventure pavilion Wednesday through Sunday each week.
These new, authentic experiences – along with long-time favorites like Mariachi Cobre in Mexico, Jeweled Dragon Acrobats in China, the Taiko drummers of Matsuriza in Japan and others – are all part of our continuing efforts to keep Epcot entertainment fresh and contribute to the rich cultural landscape of World Showcase.
Which of these groups are you looking forward to catching during your day at Epcot? Let us know in the comments section.
Just last night, award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris hosted The Oscars® on ABC. So, where will his next big hosting gig take place? The Disneyland Resort!
Today, we’re pleased to announce that Neil will be joining Mickey Mouse as host of the all-new “World of Color – Celebrate!,” opening May 22 at Disney California Adventure park as part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. Neil, himself a fan of Disney Parks, will bring his unique style of humor and charm to this special edition of the popular “World of Color” show.
“World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” illuminates the night in a celebration of the unparalleled imagination of Walt Disney. Mickey Mouse and Neil take us on a fun-filled and inspirational journey, exploring Walt’s decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments and his dream of Disneyland park, and culminating in a madcap musical tour of Disneyland Resort attractions as you’ve never seen them before!
Since its premiere in 2010, “World of Color” has amazed millions of Disney California Adventure park guests using a groundbreaking “stage” of nearly 1 full acre of engineered superstructure, longer than a football field. Nearly 1,200 programmable fountains and a vast underwater grid with more than 20,000 points of control send water to heights of up to 200 feet; shooting higher than Mickey’s Fun Wheel. The show employs nearly 30 high-definition projectors to take the audience on a journey through some of Disney’s most beloved animated moments.
The all-new “World of Color – Celebrate!” is just one part of our dazzling Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, which kicks off May 22 along with the new “Paint the Night” parade and the fully-immersive new “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular. We’ll have even more to tell you as we get closer, so keep following Disney Parks Blog and join the conversation with hashtag #Disneyland60.
The Force is growing stronger here at Walt Disney World Resort as the galaxy prepares for this year’s Star Wars Weekends. If you’re as big a fan of the annual Disney’s Hollywood Studios event as I am, you’ll be excited to learn that several crowd-favorites are back in 2015, including James Arnold Taylor! Known for voicing characters such as Obi-Wan Kenobi on “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” Taylor will host the Stars of the Saga talk show with everyone’s favorite stormtrooper preshow at a new, larger location in Theater of the Stars on Sunset Boulevard.
Darth’s Mall is also moving to a new and expanded complex near Streets of America, where you can find Star Wars-themed and exclusive event merchandise just for Star Wars Weekends 2015.
One of my favorite out-of-this-world experiences to catch this year is the Jedi Mickey’s Star Wars Dine at Hollywood and Vine. My day just wouldn’t be complete without dinner surrounded by my favorite Disney pals dressed in their Star Wars best!
The galaxy won’t be so far, far away when beloved and iconic Star Wars characters assemble and “Summon the Force” each night for a grand celebration, including a look back at your greatest moments throughout the day on social media. For the finale, the night sky will erupt in an interstellar frenzy of fireworks as “Symphony in the Stars” salutes the saga’s most dramatic stories and brings you as close to the Force as you can get.
We’re still gathering all your favorite droids and scoundrels, so stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog and StarWars.com for the latest updates. As we announced in December, the fun comes to our galaxy Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from May 15 – June 14, 2015. Check out StarWarsWeekends.com for all the must-know event details.
Are you planning on joining the Force? If so, which characters are you looking forward to seeing the most? For my boys, it’s the Jawas – they love to trade with those little guys! Let us know your favorites in the comments!