The Rabbit Hole has opened and the House of Cards is stacked for a funderful Diamond Mad T Party in honor of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. And have you seen some of the surprises our mischievous hosts Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum brought back from inside the magical Disney vault?
The party continues through 1 a.m. here in Hollywood Land, with the Mad T Party Band and Hottest Deck in Town dance crew. That won’t be the end, though. The White Rabbit DJ will keep spinning splendiferous tunes all the way to 5 a.m.
Oh, and have you caught a showing of the all-new “World of Color – Celebrate!” yet? Mickey Mouse and Neil Patrick Harris will be gracing the waters of Paradise Bay once more tonight – at 3 a.m. – for a special, late-night showing.
The sun is setting on the West Coast, and you know what that means! It’s almost time to behold the sparkling crown jewels of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. Here in Disneyland park, our guests have staked out their spots for tonight’s opening performances. For those of you following along at home, be sure to keep your eyes glued to the live streams for the best view of the action.
The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration live stream has concluded.
“Paint the Night” is up first, as Mickey Mouse uses his vivid imagination to harness the power of Tinker Bell’s pixie dust and bring to light beloved characters and stories from “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Toy Story,” “Frozen” and more. “Paint the Night” is running at 8:50 p.m. and 1 a.m. Pacific Time.
And at 9:30 p.m., Disneyland park will be transformed through a breathtaking journey of projections and pyrotechnics with the debut of “Disneyland Forever.” It’s going to be a beautiful sight you won’t want to miss!
Among the fun and unique happenings today at Disneyland Resort for our 24-hour event are screenings of some of your favorite movies.
Step in time to the Main Street Opera House for a special sing-along version of Walt Disney’s classic “Mary Poppins,” starting in just a few minutes at 6 p.m. It’s going to be “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious,” and if you can’t make it over there right away, we’re doing it all again at 10 p.m., 12:45 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.
Over at the Tomorrowland Theater, you can perch on the edge of your seat for screenings of “Guardians of the Galaxy” at 10 p.m. and 3 a.m. and “The Avengers” at 12:15 a.m.
Whichever movie you choose, it’ll be a great way to pass a couple of those hours on your way to 24!
The Coolest Summer Ever live stream has concluded.
We’re almost halfway through our “Coolest Summer Ever” kickoff event at Magic Kingdom Park, and there’s still a ton of cool stuff yet to come!
Just before each of tonight’s performances of the Main Street Electrical Parade (scheduled for 11 p.m. and 1 a.m.), your “Frozen” friends will be making special appearances along the parade route. Look for Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf gliding by on a beautiful, ice crystal castle float. And if seeing them makes you want to belt out a chorus of “Let It Go” or “Love Is an Open Door,” you’re in luck! We’re holding sing-along screenings of “Frozen” at the Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland from midnight to 4 a.m.
Don’t forget about “Wishes” fireworks at 9 p.m. or “Celebrate the Magic,” transforming Cinderella Castle at 8:45 p.m. and 10:45 p.m., and starting at 2 a.m. you can dance the night away with your Disney pals at dance parties in Frontierland and the Central Plaza. It’s going to be a great night!
You can watch all the fun on our live stream by clicking here.
The Coolest Summer Ever live stream has concluded.
Are you ready for one of the coolest parades ever seen at Magic Kingdom Park? It’s nearly time for all the beauty and majesty of the “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade,” starting at 3 p.m. What are you most looking forward to seeing? From the joyous musical score and the spectacularly colorful costumes to those impressive floats and a fire-breathing dragon, the entire procession is a sight to behold!
If you aren’t able to join us to experience the parade in person, be sure to follow along on the live stream. And you’ll be pleased to hear that this year, the live stream will bring you all the wonderful music and sound of the “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade.”
Our Star Wars Weekends event for 2015 is well under way and better than ever! And this week, the incomparable Warwick Davis is among the celebrity guests visiting from that galaxy far, far away.
Warwick portrayed lovable Ewok Wicket from the forest moon of Endor and has brought to vivid life several beloved characters beyond the worlds of Star Wars. In fact, one of my favorite shows during Star Wars Weekends is “An Ewok’s Tale: My Short Story,” Warwick Davis’s hysterical one-man show through which he shares his adventures as only he can. It’s definitely not to be missed!
Of course, Warwick is just one of the stars of the saga joining us May 22 – 24. You can also see and hear from actors whose characters have inhabited the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, the Theed Royal Palace of Naboo and the grasslands of Lothal:
- Event Host James Arnold Taylor: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars: The Clone Wars; Star Wars Rebels)
- Warwick Davis: Wald, Wicket the Ewok (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
- Silas Carson: Ki-Adi-Mundi, Nute Gunray (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)
- Vanessa Marshall: Hera Syndulla (Star Wars Rebels)
- Ashley Eckstein: Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars: The Clone Wars; Star Wars Rebels)
No matter what part of the galaxy you hail from, you’ll want to make Star Wars Weekends your destination. With all the celebrities, Star Wars characters, special shows, fireworks and more, it is as close to the Force as you can get!
When it debuts tomorrow for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, the all-new “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” will illuminate the night at Disney California Adventure park like never before! In this celebration of the unparalleled imagination of Walt Disney, Mickey Mouse and host Neil Patrick Harris take us on a fun-filled and inspirational journey that explores Walt’s decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments and the dream of Disneyland.
In this behind-the-scenes video, Dave Bossert from Walt Disney Animation Studios shares a look at the making of some of the new animated sequences created just for this show.
“World of Color – Celebrate!” is part of our dazzling Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, which kicks off May 22 along with the new “Paint the Night” parade and the fully-immersive new “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular.
Keep following Disney Parks Blog for more updates, and join the conversation with hashtag #Disneyland60.
Coming May 22 as part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, the new “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular will be a sky-high extravaganza featuring sparkling pyrotechnics, immersive projections, and surprising special effects that transform Disneyland park right before your eyes. “Disneyland Forever” envelops you in an enthralling, breathtaking journey like never before, leveraging the largest installation of projection mapping technology in a Disney park.
Today, we’re taking you behind the scenes for a look at what goes on at night after the park closes, as our Creative Entertainment team is hard at work getting all those amazing projection effects ready for “Disneyland Forever.”
We’re just days away from the grand debut of “Disneyland Forever,” when this incredible new fireworks spectacular will join the “Paint the Night” parade and the all-new “World of Color – Celebrate!” as the sparkling crown jewels of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration.
We’ll have even more sneak peeks for you soon here on Disney Parks Blog, and you can keep the conversation going on social media with the hashtag #Disneyland60.
The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration is almost here! The party kicks off Friday, May 22, at 6 a.m. and continues for 24 hours, through 6 a.m. Saturday, May 23, with multi-faceted entertainment experiences at both Disneyland Resort theme parks and the official debut of the three new spectaculars created just for the celebration.
In addition to the already stellar entertainment lineup at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks, here are some of the other highlights planned for Friday:
- The parks open at 6 a.m. with countdown moments featuring some of your favorite Disney characters, including Mickey and the gang in their sparkly new Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration outfits.
- Throughout the parks, you can mark the hours at special celebration photo spots.
- Beginning at 6 p.m., join us in the Main Street Opera House for a sing-along screening of Walt Disney’s classic “Mary Poppins.” If you miss it then (or just can’t get enough), the “Mary Poppins” sing-along will be presented again at 10 p.m., 12:45 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.
- Over at Tomorrowland Theater, you can catch the sneak peek of scenes from the “Tomorrowland” movie during the day, and then return at 10 p.m. or 3 a.m. for a full-length screening of “Guardians of the Galaxy.” We’ll also be showing “The Avengers” in the Tomorrowland Theater at 12:15 a.m.
- If live music is your thing, we’ll have a band playing retro hits on the Tomorrowland Terrace stage beginning at 7 p.m. and the Royal Swing Big Band Ball in Fantasy Faire, with four sets starting at 10:30 p.m.
- The “Paint the Night” parade will be presented twice for its opening night, at 8:50 p.m. and 1 a.m., with the premiere of “Disneyland Forever” fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- After all that, you can hit the dance floor to the DJ mix at TLT Dance CLUB in Tomorrowland from 12:30 a.m. – 5 a.m., or head over to Mickey’s Toontown for a Pajama Party with your pals, starting at midnight and continuing into the wee hours of the morning.
- At Disney California Adventure park, the all-new “World of Color – Celebrate!” will have three showings at 9 p.m., 10:15 p.m. and 3 a.m.
- Over at Pacific Wharf, a DJ spices things up with a Latin dance party from 10:45 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- Join the Mad T Party Band for the new Diamond Mad T Party in Hollywood Land from 8:30 p.m. – 1 a.m., and stick around as the White Rabbit DJ keeps things hopping ‘til morning.
Of course, Disney Parks Blog will be bringing you all the action as it happens that day, with updates and live streams from across the Disneyland Resort, so be sure to join us!
When the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration kicks off May 22, one of the brightest gems promises to be the new, state-of-the-art “Paint the Night” parade. This dazzling nighttime procession is led by Tinker Bell flying in a magical, musical overture, spreading pixie dust along the Disneyland parade route. Right on her tail (but never growing up!) is Peter Pan, perched high atop an enormous drum inspired by a float from the classic “Main Street Electrical Parade.”
And that’s not the only nod to Disneyland parade heritage. If you look closely, you may just spot a rosette taken from a light on one of the original Main Street Electrical Parade floats, hand-placed on the tip of Tinker Bell’s wand!
Of course, “Paint the Night” is just one facet of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, which is also bringing the all-new “World of Color – Celebrate!” and “Disneyland Forever” fireworks spectacular, all starting May 22.