How amazing are the sunsets here in Central Florida? In this week’s “After Dark” pic, our photographer snapped the beautiful sun setting over Fantasyland. Here, you can see Prince Charming Regal Carrousel and Cinderella Castle. Did you know that Cinderella has her own special horse on the carousel? (Hint: Look for a horse with a gold ribbon wrapped around it’s tail on your next visit).
posted on February 11th, 2016 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager
posted on February 11th, 2016 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort
Disney fans, you are not going to believe it! I just got the inside scoop on new additions to the Star Wars-inspired collection from ALEX AND ANI debuting at Disney Parks.
Launching February 15 are expandable wire bangles featuring classic Star Wars characters and phrases including Yoda, “Do Or Do Not… There Is No Try,” and Princess Leia and Han Solo, “I Love You. I Know.” Both of these pieces will come in RAFAELIAN GOLD and RAFAELIAN SILVER finishes.
It doesn’t stop there – releasing the same day is a buffed epoxy expandable wire bangle featuring one of the most famous lines of all, “May The Force Be With You,” in Shiny Silver and Shiny Gold finishes. Yes, you heard it right. Take a look!
I am curious how many of you chose an alliance when we debuted the Star Wars symbol bangles in December? I ended up joining the ranks of the Rebellion. Are you surprised? For those of you wondering what I’m talking about, check them out for yourselves.
Available in RAFAELIAN GOLD and RAFAELIAN SILVER finishes, these bangles feature the Rebellion symbol, the Imperial symbol and the Jedi symbol. Where do your loyalties lie?
Her highness, Princess Leia, also accompanied the symbols. Depicted with her signature hairstyle and robe, she’s ready to take on the dark side. Choose from RAFAELIAN GOLD or RAFAELIAN SILVER finishes.
Find them at the galactic outposts below:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Island Mercantile
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Bayview Gifts
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Keystone Clothiers
- Disney Springs – Tren-D and World of Disney Store
- Epcot – Mouse Gear
- Magic Kingdom Park – Emporium
Tip: Bangles will be available online on or around the same dates as they debut at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort merchandise locations.
Are you excited for these new additions? Which one is your favorite?
posted on February 10th, 2016 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager
The Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend returns to Walt Disney World Resort from February 18-21, 2016. Runners from around the world will join the Disney Princess’ in a “dream come true” weekend of majestic runs in the most magical place on earth. Today, I have a first look at several commemorative products created especially for the royal event.
This year, we are offering a few returning favorites including long and short-sleeved apparel for both the overall weekend, Princess Half Marathon and Glass Slipper Challenge. These items include “I Did It” shirts, drinkware, Sweaty Bands, Bondi Bands, collectible pins, car magnets and more.
There are a few new art programs this year including artwork titled “Run Princess Run” that’s included on apparel and accessories. Another art program, “Run Like the Princess You Are,” has stylized buildings of famous Disney Princesses.
The Princess theme is also carried over onto three new colorful handbags by Dooney & Bourke.
Finally, if you want to add a little sparkle to your weekend, we are offering a unique “Glitter & Go” makeover experience in the HP Field House at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. The package includes a hair twist, light makeup, shimmering lip gloss, a face gem, and a light-up Princess Tiara. Reservations will be taken on walk-in basis for guests ages 3 and up. The experience will be offered from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. Retail is $19.95 plus tax.
Look for these commemorative items and more during runDisney Health & Fitness Expo at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
The Expo will be open during the following times:
- Thursday, February 18 – 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 19 – 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 20 – 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
posted on February 8th, 2016 by Leanne O'Regan, Director, Social Media, Disney Parks
Our Disney Parks Moms Panel know the many hidden gems around the Disney theme parks including the imaginative and magical details of the interactive queues for some of our attractions. Did you know Disney Parks is leading the theme park industry in creating engaging experiences to help pass the time while in line?
Moms Panelist Leslie tells about her favorite interactive queues at Magic Kingdom Park, which include Dumbo the Flying Elephant and Haunted Mansion. The Dumbo queue is definitely one of the most unique, innovative and entertaining lines created for theme park. Leslie also thinks the queue at Voyage of the Little Mermaid at Magic Kingdom Park is beautiful and a must-see.
Peter Pan’s Flight is another attraction with a fun and imaginative queue according to Moms Panelist Autumn. Disney Parks Blog author Jennifer Fickley-Baker posted a fun video of the interactive queue that puts you right into the storyline of “Peter Pan.”
Jason, one of our Dad Panelists helps a guest from Indiana discover hidden magic including the footprints embedded in the ground in Fantasyland’s Storybook Circus and also the interactive queue at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train where you just might be able to make Snow White appear!
Remember the Disney Parks Moms Panel is here to answer your planning questions and can help you make the most out of your Disney vacation.
posted on February 8th, 2016 by Victoria Lim, Managing Editor, Walt Disney World Public Relations
Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day, any day you want to dedicate to love, we are celebrating hearts, and cupid and romance. Here are 10 ideas to help you celebrate with us:
- Sweetheart Wine Tasting Cruises – Beautiful Italian music, award-winning wines and an array of delicious hors d’oeuvres on board a 40-foot Italian Water Taxi with the BOATHOUSE’S trusted captain and crew through the waters of Lake Buena Vista. Call 407-939-2628 to make a reservation.
- The new Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise – A breathtaking view of the Magic Kingdom Park night time fireworks, “Wishes,” from an exclusive and romantic spot on Seven Seas Lagoon with desserts and drinks. The soundtrack is piped through the boat’s sound system for this magical viewing. Click here for reservations.
- The new Brunch at the Top at California Grill – On Valentine’s Day Sunday, try the new Brunch at the Top with your beloved. The menu showcases fresh, market-driven cuisine and toast with a glass of bubbly or wine (the restaurant has more than 1,600 bottles on display). Click here for reservations.
- Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party – Sweets and stars collide at Disney’s Hollywood Studios as guests look to the sky January 5 – March 19, for a special viewing of the Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks set to the most dramatic and memorable Star Wars themes of all time. Click here for reservations.
- Disney Springs shopping spree – The World of Disney in Disney Springs Marketplace recently expanded with an additional 6,000 sq. ft. of retail selling space. Try the new handcrafted chocolate at The Ganachery. Or for vegans, Erin McKenna Bakery NYC has savory offerings and an all-vegan and gluten-free menu.
- Minnie’s Silver Screen Dine at Hollywood & Vine – Celebrate the magic of the movies and glamour of Hollywood with an epic feast at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from Jan. 4 to March 20, 2016. Click here for reservations.
- La Nouba at Disney Springs – As part of the La Nouba’s ongoing evolution, the Cirque du Soleil show continues to bring new acts: B-Boy, commonly referred to as breakdancing, and Aerial Bamboo, a technique mastered by only a handful of performers worldwide. The acts join the recent additions of uproarious clowns and a breathtaking juggling rolla bolla act. For more information, visit DisneyWorld.com/entertainment.
- Sushi Bar at Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs – From Feb. 12 – 14, a special Valentine’s Day romantic dinner for two includes a four course, prix-fixe menu starring Chef Morimoto’s signature Peking Duck for two. On Valentine’s day only, a five-course Omakase dinner will be served at the intimate second-level 14-seat sushi bar. For reservations, call 407-939-6686 (MOTO).
- Monsieur Paul Proposal-popping and Vow Renewal dinner at Epcot – In the shadow of the Eiffel Tower (replica), indulge in a decadent meal, peer out of the second story windows that overlook the World Showcase Lagoon, toast with champagne, and dessert is served with an extra sparkle on the plate: the big question, and your token of love. Click here for reservations.
- Sunset and cocktails at the Polynesian – Sip on champagne and strawberries against the backdrop of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the beautiful new Bora Bora Bungalows. Take a moonlit stroll along the torch-lined waterfront and visit Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto.
How will you romance the one you love, Disney-style?
posted on February 8th, 2016 by Rachel Bshero, Food & Beverage Marketing Communications Coordinator
Greetings, adventurers! I have received exciting news from the depths of the jungle – for a limited time, same-day reservations will be accepted at Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen in Magic Kingdom Park.
From February 12 to 27, Walt Disney World Resort guests will be able to make reservations for either lunch or dinner that same day. Reservations are easy to make, just visit jungleskippercanteen.com or call 407-993-1933.
Don’t be left in “De-Nile,” be sure to take advantage of the limited-time opportunity to be able to plan your adventure to the newest restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park!
posted on February 5th, 2016 by Rachel Bshero, Food & Beverage Marketing Communications Coordinator
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and if you haven’t picked up a gift or made plans yet—don’t worry. There are plenty of sweet ways to show you care with specialty treats at Walt Disney World Resort.
At The Ganachery at Disney Springs, you’ll find specialty ganache squares and pops decorated for Valentine’s Day—raspberry enrobed in dark chocolate and passion fruit enrobed in milk chocolate. Surprise your sweetie with a pre-packed box of ganache.
Perhaps your love’s allegiance lies with The Dark Side. Fear not, these Star Wars-inspired chocolate bars, available in both dark and milk chocolate, are the perfect way to say I love you. (I know.)
In my opinion, Magic Kingdom Park is one of the most romantic places at Walt Disney World Resort, though I may be biased because I met my husband there. Romance your valentine with a chocolate raspberry cupcake from Main Street Bakery, or indulge in the Black Forest waffle with vanilla ice cream at Sleepy Hollow.
If cupcakes are the way to your Valentine’s heart, Disney’s Hollywood Studios has a cupcake featuring Lady and the Tramp that is paws-itively adorable. At Fountain View in Epcot, you’ll find a chocolate cupcake with a strawberry-marshmallow center, strawberry butter and a ganache drizzle sure to make your sweetie’s heart melt.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
#DisneyTweens: Enter for a Chance to Win Walt Disney World Vacation, Cinderella Castle Suite Sleepover, Meet & Greet With Disney Channel Stars
posted on February 5th, 2016 by Raquel Giorgio, Public Relations Manager, Walt Disney World Resort
How does a chance to win a five-night/six-day Walt Disney World Resort vacation sound to you? What about the ultimate slumber party – a night in the Cinderella Castle Suite at the Magic Kingdom? Plus a chance for you and your family to meet Disney Channel’s Sofia Carson and Sabrina Carpenter from the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie, Adventures in Babysitting!
Our partners at Disney Channel are kicking off the month of February in a big way! Now through February 28, register for a chance to win the Disney Channel’s Epic Adventure Sweepstakes. One lucky contestant will receive a five night/six day Walt Disney World Resort Vacation which includes:
- One night stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite at Magic Kingdom Park
- A chance to meet Sofia Carson and Sabrina Carpenter from the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie, Adventures in Babysitting
Visit www.Disney.com/EpicAdventureSweeps to get more information and register for a chance to win.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Must be 8 – 18 years or parent of eligible child; resident of the 50 U.S. or D.C. Sweepstakes starts 12:00pm (noon) PT on 2/1/16 and ends 11:59 pm PT on 2/28/16. Click here for Official Rules including details on odds of winning, prize descriptions and limitations. Many will enter. One will win. Minors must get parent’s permission before entering.
posted on February 2nd, 2016 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager
That’s just proof that the witty and adventurous spirit of the guest-favorite Jungle Cruise attraction has spread to the nearby Skipper Canteen restaurant, which just opened its doors in December. The table service eatery features three unique dining rooms, including the crew’s Mess Hall; The S.E.A. Room, a secret meeting room for the Society of Explorers and Adventurers that was once hidden behind a bookcase; and the Falls Family Parlor, formerly occupied by the infamous jungle explorer Dr. Albert Falls. Remember him as the namesake of The Jungle Cruise’s Schweitzer Falls?
The theming and storyline of the restaurant is really brought to life in the tiny details you can find in each room, which are stocked with treasure troves of mementos that Falls and the other adventurers collected over years of exploration. Disney Parks history buffs will have a blast picking out references to The Jungle Cruise attraction in the restaurant’s wood carvings, and few artifacts have even made their way over from the former Adventurer’s Club at Pleasure Island (now Disney Springs). Can you spot any in these photos?
Another fun element that brings the location to life is the background music. On my latest visit, a friend remarked that she felt she was a million miles away, in a different time, as tunes from the 1930s played lazily in the background. So fun.
For more All in the Details posts, visit the posts below:
- All in the Details: Putting the ‘Springs’ Into Disney Springs
- All in the Details: Imagineers Unveil the Storyline of Disney Springs
- All in the Details: Construction Walls Come Down at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- All in the Details: Glittering Gems Light Up Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Queue at Magic Kingdom Park
- All in the Details: A Unique Perspective of Belle’s Village at Magic Kingdom Park
posted on January 28th, 2016 by Raquel Giorgio, Public Relations Manager, Walt Disney World Resort
As a parent of an older child, perhaps you wonder if a vacation to Walt Disney World Resort is still as special and magical as when they were younger. I can honestly tell you that my tween daughter would LIVE at Walt Disney World Resort if there wasn’t school or gymnastics practice getting in the way. But don’t just take it from me!
Tween favorite Peyton List, star of “Bunk’d” on the Disney Channel, adores Walt Disney World Resort! Just a few weeks ago, she came to visit with her mom, dad and brothers and she shared some of her favorite things to do while at Walt Disney World Resort. First on the list … go shopping at a Disney retail shop to find Minnie Mouse ears to match her outfit. A girl can’t be too coordinated!
Then, it’s time for an encounter at the new Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios where she shares a smooch with Chewbacca on the Light Side. She also found some First Order Storm Troopers for a photo opp.
Peyton claims she’s a “daredevil” and tries to ride all of the roller coasters and wild rides in all four theme parks. There’s certainly many to choose from … including Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Test Track at Epcot.
When hunger strikes, it’s time to snack on a soft serve pineapple Dole Whip from Adventureland in Magic Kingdom Park. It hits the spot for her every time and she says she can’t visit Walt Disney World Resort without indulging in the creamy, sweet treat!
After all the thrills and adventures, Peyton ends her Disney day with “Wishes” nighttime spectacular at Magic Kingdom Park. With all those dazzling and brilliant fireworks bursting above and around Cinderella Castle, it’s just the perfect kiss goodnight!
I bet your older child would agree … Walt Disney World Resort is still the place to be!
For more information on planning a trip to Walt Disney World Resort with your tween, check out www.disneyworld.com/Tweens.