Summer may just be getting started, but I’m already looking forward to fall and the return of my favorite event at Magic Kingdom Park, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. And this year’s party will be extra fun with the introduction of an all-new show on the Castle Forecourt Stage.
In “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular,” the mischievous Sanderson Sisters from Disney’s “Hocus Pocus” return to the mortal world for one night during the Halloween season. With only a few hours to run amuck, the three sisters decide to use their magic to throw the best, evil Halloween party this side of the graveyard!
With the help of the Disney villains, Winifred, Mary and Sarah gather together sinister shadows, nefarious nightmares and the power of their frightful friends to conjure the ultimate Hocus Pocus Party Potion and cast a spell on everyone in the Magic Kingdom Park. “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” features appearances by Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Maleficent and other great Disney villains, along with dancers, projections and special effects that combine to make this new show a not-to-be-missed Halloween treat.
“Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” will be presented exclusively during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, held select nights at Magic Kingdom Park from September 15 – November 1, 2015.
Looking for a dazzling way to complete your meal? Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration Truffles will be offered at select signature restaurants throughout Disneyland Resort — Blue Bayou Restaurant, Carthay Circle Restaurant and Steakhouse 55.
Each beautifully themed box contains four truffles with flavors inspired by the location:
Blue Bayou Restaurant Truffle Flavors
- Crème Brule – crème, brown sugar and vanilla
- Bananas Foster – banana, vanilla ice cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, dark rum and banana liqueur
- King Cake – confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice
- Mint Julep – sugar, lime juice, lemon juice and crème de menthe
Carthay Circle Restaurant Truffle Flavors
- Carthay Manhattan – American whiskey, sweet vermouth, Angostura bitters and Luxardo maraschino cherries
- Brown Derby – bourbon, fresh grapefruit juice and honey
- B52 Coffee – Grand Marnier, Kahlua, Irish cream, coffee and whipped cream
- Hazelnut Tiramisu – classic tiramisu with hazelnut
Steakhouse 55 Truffle Flavors
- Cosmopolitan – vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and lime
- Kahlua – coffee, brown sugar, vanilla
- 24-Layer Chocolate Cake – milk chocolate, hazelnut and a hint of vanilla
- Primitivo – raspberry, blackberry, cherry, plums and raisin
For Carthay Circle Restaurant and Steakhouse 55, guests must be 21 years of age to purchase due to the alcohol content by volume.
Which box of truffles will you be bringing home?
Nighttime at Disneyland Resort is now a little brighter with the release of new Made with Magic items. Created especially for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, we have introduced a celebratory ear hat and a magical paintbrush. I caught up with Tracie Alt, merchandiser for headware, to learn more about the ear hat.
“This is the first new Made with Magic ear hat released at Disneyland Resort since 2012,” explained Tracie. “This new hat includes an all-over 60th anniversary pattern and a specially designed patch. We also made the hat lighter and improved the overall fit.”
The paintbrush has multiple light-up functions and operates the same way as the previously released Sorcerer Mickey wand. Guests can use the paintbrush to change the light patterns of other Made with Magic items. You can see how Made with Magic works in this recent Disney Parks Blog article.
Both the ear hat and the paintbrush will interact with select nighttime spectaculars at Disneyland Resort. Guests can also use these new items at select Disney Destinations around the world.
Look for these and other Made with Magic items in select merchandise locations at Disneyland Resort.