Independence Day is coming up, and the parks at Walt Disney World Resort are planning to celebrate our nation’s 239th birthday with some star-spangled salutes to America!
If you’re visiting Walt Disney World Resort for the 4th of July, here are some highlights of the special entertainment planned for that day:
- Magic Kingdom Park – “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” rockets into the air above Cinderella Castle. This special, fireworks spectacular will be presented two nights in a row, at 9 p.m. on both July 3 and 4.
- Epcot – On July 4, enjoy a special concert of great American songs by Voices of Liberty at America Gardens Theater, where they’ll be performing at 12:30 p.m., 1:45 p.m., and 3 p.m. You can also meet Chip ‘n’ Dale in patriotic attire outside The American Adventure, and at 10 p.m. that evening “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” joins the celebration with the addition of a heart-pounding, all-American grand finale.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios –The “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party leads up to a “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration,” as the sky above Disney’s Hollywood Studios ignites in a shower of shimmering light for a pyrotechnic, rock ‘n roll road trip across America. The DJ kicks things off at 5:45 p.m. and keeps the party going until fireworks time at 10:15 p.m.
Looks like the 4th of July is going to be a blast all across Walt Disney World Resort!
For many families, a highlight of a Walt Disney World vacation is ending a day at a park by watching one of our amazing nighttime fireworks spectaculars. “Frozen Fireworks” just debuted this month at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to feature characters from the film, fireworks, favorite “Frozen” songs and even a snow flurry.
Check out the video below for a behind-the-scenes look at how the team designed this year’s “Frozen”-themed fireworks spectacular.
Frozen Summer Fun offerings, including fireworks, will run through September 7, 2015. For more details on Frozen Summer Fun offerings that you can’t miss, be sure to visit Shawn’s previous blog post.
The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration continues all summer long, honoring 60 years of the Happiest Place on Earth, and on July 4th we’ll also be saluting 239 years of the United States of America with some special Independence Day entertainment.
- Disneyland park – “Disneyland Forever,” the all-new street-to-sky fireworks spectacular, will be presented July 4 at 9:30 p.m. Following the show on that night only will be a patriotic, pyrotechnic grand finale to celebrate America’s birthday.
- Disney California Adventure park – On July 4, a special pyrotechnic water display will be presented at the start of all three performances of the new “World of Color – Celebrate!” at 9 p.m., 10:15 p.m. and 11:15 p.m.
- Military Bands – Several outstanding Air Force and Marine bands will be performing at locations throughout the Disneyland Resort, from July 2–6. Be sure to check out Kevin’s original post for all the details!
Who’s ready for some red, white and blue?!