As our Entertainment author Shawn Slater shared last week, we have some very exciting new offerings launching this Saturday, July 5, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort that are inspired by the film Disney’s “Frozen” – including a new procession, sing-along, merchandise shop, snow activities, nighttime fireworks spectacular and more! (Be sure to check out Shawn’s original post here for full details).
The Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package, available daily from July 5 – September 1, 2014 (with the exception of August 23), will offer guests reserved viewing for three of the park’s most anticipated new experiences. This package is a great way to see Princess Anna and Queen Elsa. Guests who book the package will check in at Min and Bills Dockside Diner starting at 10:30 a.m., then enjoy refreshments and reserved viewing for Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession at 11:00 a.m. Later on, they’ll experience reserved seating at one showing of For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, which takes place between 12:30-7 p.m. The evening will end from 8:30 – 10PM with an exclusive dessert party in a reserved area for viewing of the nighttime Frozen fireworks spectacular. (Note: Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession and the dessert party offers a reserved viewing area, no seating is available. Wheelchairs and ECVs will be accommodated).
Packages cost $59 for adults and $34 for children (including tax and gratuity). Discounts do not apply. Park admission is required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Book this package now by calling 407-939-1939.
(Note: Guests will receive a credential for identification during the Royal Welcome procession viewing. If you are not able to attend the Royal Welcome procession viewing, please visit Guest Relations to check-in between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. and select a show time for the sing-along celebration. After 8 p.m., please check-in at Min and Bill’s. Credential identification is non-transferrable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.)
For more on Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, visit the posts below:
In the film “Frozen,” Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post is where Anna meets a snow-covered Kristoff, and they set off on an adventure together to find Elsa and stop the eternal winter. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, a place inspired by that scene in the film – Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland – will open its doors to offer you adventure starting this Saturday, July 5. Here, you’ll be able to purchase “Frozen” wares, special snacks, take photos and enjoy wintertime fun – including ice skating!
Located inside the Soundstage One building toward the rear of the park, Oaken’s Frozen Funland features a frozen pond where guests can go ice skating. Skating sessions are $10 for 30 minutes on the ice, including the use of ice skates, socks and a helmet. Guests can also bring their own equipment. Oaken’s Frozen Funland will be open daily from park opening to 8 p.m., and skating sessions are available on a first come, first serve basis. (Note: Skating availability may be limited to the sizing of skates. Waivers for all guests are required and minors must have an adult/responsible party age 18 or older present to sign for them).
Oaken’s Frozen Funland is just one of several “Frozen”-themed offerings that debut this Saturday, July 5. A “Frozen” fireworks spectacular, For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration, Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession, dance parties and more will run through September 1 at the park.
Will you add this activity to your list? Join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #FrozenSummer.
For more information about “Frozen” fun this summer, see the posts below:
July 4 is all about celebrating the red, white and blue. If you’re spending July 4 at Walt Disney World Resort, here are our Top 10 All-American eats:
- We’re starting with a cocktail, as it’s only available on July 4 – “red, white and blue” mojitos (red berry, classic and blueberry-lemon). You’ll find them at bars throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Also at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you can order the Famous All-American Picnic Burger at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. It’s an Angus burger topped with a grilled hotdog, sautéed onions, sauerkraut and a pickle. Yum!
- Head to Casey’s Corner in Magic Kingdom Park for a hit list of American baseball favorites: hot dogs, nachos, corn dog nuggets, French fries, cotton candy and Cracker Jacks. Grab a seat outside and listen to the all-American ragtime piano player.
- Step back to the days of Colonial Williamsburg at Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom Park. For lunch, try the Liberty Boys BLT with slow-roasted pork, fresh greens and tomatoes on house-made bread with caramelized shallots and a mushroom-mayo spread.
- Sip a Liberty Swirl Slush (Fanta Strawberry and Blue Raspberry) at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square, or maybe an All-American Sundae at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor – vanilla and chocolate ice cream with hot fudge, peanut butter drizzle, whipped cream and a cherry on top.
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, what’s more all-American than a half slab of St. Louis ribs from Flame Tree Barbecue, served with baked beans and cole slaw – picnic tables and lots of napkins make it easy to be messy.
- The New England-style lobster roll at Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort (and check out the new red, white and blue costumes the servers will be wearing, just in time for the holiday). On a butter-toasted Parker House roll, it’s a classic New England recipe.
- Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is our go-to for fancy, super-fresh all-American seafood. Tuck into a 2-pound steamed Maine lobster, crispy Rhode Island calamari, pan-seared George’s Bank day boat scallops, and/or Alaskan wild-caught halibut.
- For a taste of the South, it’s Olivia’s Café at Disney’s Old Key West Resort: shrimp and grits or a shrimp po boy are our favorites.
- And just one more burger – the All-American Bacon Cheeseburger at ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill. Nothing fancy, just Cheddar cheese and bacon on an Angus burger. Add a draft beer, and you’ve got the quintessential July 4 meal.
If you are one of the more than 16,000 runners ‘dropping in’ to participate in The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend, October 3-4, at Walt Disney World Resort, then we have a little motivation to help you with your training.
From the youngest runners in the runDisney Kids Races to the most experienced runners in the Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and the 10-Miler, we often hear, “it’s all about the ‘bling’.” With that in mind, we are excited to share what waits for you at the finish lines of this year’s events.
There will be no tricks, just treats when kids receive the Halloween-inspired Donald Duck medallion for participating in the diaper dash, 100m, 200m 400m and 1-Mile races.
Be careful of hitchhiking ghosts if you are participating in the Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run. New this year, the medallion glows in the dark!
And nothing can be more fitting than the 2014 The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler medal, featuring The Hollywood Tower Hotel. Not only does this medal glow in the dark, the elevator moves up and down.
Now, if you are not running race weekend or just hearing about runDisney, I invite you to check out runDisney.com, register for an upcoming event and put a little ‘bling’ around your neck.
Earlier this week, we shared the exciting news that a bevvy of new “Frozen” -inspired entertainment options will debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios very soon. Here are some of the first photos of Anna and Elsa at the park.
Beginning July 5 (yes, just one week from today!), Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be the home to the Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession, a For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration, a “Frozen” fireworks spectacular and much more. Be sure to check out Shawn’s original blog post for all of the exciting details!
Tell us – will you be at the park July 5 for the “Frozen” debut? Which offering are you most excited to experience?
To join the conversation online, use the hashtag #FrozenSummer.
Want to receive the full VIP treatment on your next visit to Walt Disney World Resort? You’re in luck, because two new tours, The Ultimate Day of Thrills – A VIP Tour Experience and The Ultimate Day for Young Families – A VIP Tour Experience, are now available at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Both tours last six to seven hours and include experiencing a certain number of attractions at Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom – such as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Toy Story Midway Mania! and Expedition Everest. (The Ultimate Day for Young Families – A VIP Tour Experience offers attractions that are specifically accessible to young children, as well). Both tours also include a meal at a Disney table-service restaurant. These tours will be offered Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays, and cost $299 per person. Disney Vacation Club Members, Disney VISA Cardholders and Annual Passholders receive a 15% discount.
Call 407-WDW-TOUR for more information.
Like Olaf, have you ever closed your eyes and imagined yourself in another place? In summer, maybe? At Walt Disney World Resort? Or perhaps in the snow-covered kingdom of Arendelle, from Disney’s instant classic, “Frozen.” Why not all three?! After all, the hot and the cold are both so intense, if you put them together it just makes sense! And that’s just what we’re doing as part of an incredible new experience.
This summer, the world of “Frozen” takes center stage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We’re opening up the gates July 5 for a summer-long happening, featuring a full day of all-new, immersive “Frozen” experiences you won’t want to miss, every day through September 1!
Here are some of the highlights:
- Olaf on Summer Vacation – Olaf the snowman is having the time of his life on his very first summer vacation! He chimes in throughout the day to keep everyone updated on all his adventures. Plus, you can pick up your very own Take-Along Olaf from locations in the park, so he can join you on your summer vacation. And when you share your photos with Olaf on social media, be sure to tag them with #OlafSummerVacation. They may just get selected to appear in that day’s grand finale!
- Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome – At 11:00 a.m. each day, Elsa and Anna arrive in Hollywood as part of their goodwill tour of neighboring kingdoms, making their way down Hollywood Boulevard in a horse-drawn sleigh. Kristoff is along for the fun, too, joined by a flurry of skaters, skiiers, ice cutters and more! The entire procession culminates in a special moment at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage to officially welcome the visiting royalty to this kingdom of Hollywoodland.
- For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Cool down inside the Premiere Theater, where Anna and Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their Kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland – Inside Soundstage One, Oaken and his cousins have created a Frozen Funland filled with cold weather activities, unique photo opportunities, and more! There’s a frozen pond with ice skating demonstrations, wintertime fun for kids in the “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” play area, a “big summer blowout” with plenty of “Frozen” merchandise, and special “Frozen”-inspired food and beverage offerings.
- “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Starting at 5:30 p.m. each day, a dance party takes over the area around the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, with a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a variety of classic and contemporary summer rock & roll hits, as well as a cool, rocking medley of “Frozen” favorites. It’s going to be hot!
- “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
I don’t know if I’m elated or … well, you know!
If you’re somewhere in that zone, like me, you’re already bursting with anticipation for “Frozen Summer Fun – Live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.” Starting July 5, the sky will be blue, and you guys will be there, too! It’s going to be a great summer for snowmen, royalty, and anyone who’s a fan of “Frozen!”
It’s summer! – or at least that’s how I imagine Olaf, the lovable snowman from Disney’s “Frozen”, would shout it.
Since today is officially the first day of summer, what better way to celebrate than with a Disney Parks Blog takeover by one of our favorite pals from “Frozen”. If you remember in the film’s song, “In Summer,” Olaf dreams of all the things that his first summertime could bring – to him, that means “bees that buzz, kids that blow dandelion fuzz” and a host of other fun things.
At Disney Parks, summertime means that guests who are traveling here for their summer vacations will have the opportunity to experience a whole lot of new offerings. Check out some of what’s new this summer below.
At Walt Disney World Resort
At Disneyland Resort
This summer, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is inviting everyone to “Rock Your Summer Side” with a special dance party event each evening from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Live band The Hollywood Rockers takes to the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, engaging in rowdy antics and playing some of the greatest songs of summer. Between sets with the band, our DJ spins hot summertime hits, and you can get up and dance with some of your favorite Disney characters. Mickey and the gang will be dressed for fun in the sun, ready to rock their summer side, too!
Nearby, you’ll even find a giant postcard set up to mark the occasion. It’ll be a great spot to snap a selfie and share the fun with all your friends and family.
As we shared earlier this month, “Villains Unleashed,” a new, separately ticketed event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, will feature more than 50 Disney villains. Villains will appear at the event in several different ways, participating in character greetings, stage shows, and more.
We just got a sneak peek at a portion of the invite list. Many more villains will be on hand at the the event, but here’s a few names you may recognize. (Entertainment is subject to change!).
- Lady Tremaine
- J. Worthington Foulfellow
- Big Bad Wolf
- Cruella De Vil
- Captain Hook
- Mr. Smee
- Bowler Hat Guy
- Queen of Hearts
- Darth Vader
- Darth Maul
- Boba Fett
- Asajj Ventress
- Emperor Palpatine
- Zam Wessell
- Jango Fett