Celebrating a birthday at Walt Disney World Resort is an unforgettable experience, and there are so many great options on how to personalize for the guest(s) of honor. So much so, that it can be tough to decide what’s the best fit for your group! The real parents who make up the Disney Parks Moms Panel can give tips and advice on how to make special arrangements, and in this edition of Moms Panel Monday several panelists help a guest who wants to plan a birthday celebration for teens who happen to have a strict diet. From private surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon to a vegan-friendly meal at Sanaa, they provide ideas that will make the special day even more memorable!
posted on June 22nd, 2015 by Jamie Langdon, Social Media Manager
posted on June 16th, 2015 by Rachel Brent, Food & Beverage Marketing Communications Coordinator
With summer quickly approaching, temperatures are on the rise. If you’re looking for treats that will help you beat the heat beyond the Mickey ice cream bar and Dole Whip, I’ve got a few suggestions for you:
Aw, shucks! Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort has a Mickey Gelato Sundae that is as cute as it is delicious. Looking for a dairy-free option? Try one of their tasty new slushes. Flavors change—so be sure to try them all! You can even bring home some of the magic with a can/bottle holder imprinted with the resort’s logo.
Tamu Tamu Refreshments at Disney’s Animal Kingdom has a new menu filled with frosty treats. Choco-holics will love the Double Chocolate-Chip Ice Cream Sandwich. My favorite on the new menu? The Chocolate Waffle with Espresso Mousse—the combination of the hot waffle and chilled semifreddo is simply wild!
Cooling off at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park? Take a break from Summit Plummet and cool down with a unique brrr-everage like Frozen Hot Cocoa at Lottawatta Lodge. Over Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, try the shaved ice at Lowtide Lou’s.
How do you stay cool on hot days at Walt Disney World Resort?
posted on June 5th, 2015 by Marie Ramirez, Marketing & Communications Manager, Disney PhotoPass Service
Summer is here! This means it’s time to bring out your bathing suit and enjoy a day at the Disney Water Parks.
Whether you choose to spend a day in a tropical paradise at Typhoon Lagoon or enjoy a cool day of frosty fun at Blizzard Beach, our Disney PhotoPass Photographers will be there to capture all the splash-tastic memories from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Look for our photographers at some of your favorite waterslides, raft rides and the wave pools.
When you purchase Memory Maker as part of your Walt Disney World Resort vacation, you’ll be able to download all your memories captured by Disney PhotoPass Photographers for one price, including photos captured at the Water Parks this Summer!
With Disney PhotoPass Photographers readily available to capture the fun, all you’ll need to worry about is applying sunblock and enjoying the sun.
posted on June 3rd, 2015 by Nate Rasmussen, Archivist, Marketing Resource Center
As Jenn Fickley-Baker shared earlier, this week is the anniversary of the opening of Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park here at Walt Disney World Resort. How well do you know this park? Test your knowledge below!
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
posted on June 1st, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager
Today, June 1, is the anniversary of the opening of Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park – so it’s only fitting that today’s sunrise shot was snapped at the park.
Looks like the perfect morning for a cool glide around Castaway Creek, doesn’t it?
For more about Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, visit the post below:
posted on May 27th, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager
As a part of the Coolest Summer Ever celebration here at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will be celebrating the upcoming release of the Disney Channel Original Movie “Teen Beach 2” with a daily “Teen Beach 2: Beach Party.”
The party, which takes place on the shore of the Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool, features a DJ spinning retro tunes, beach-themed games, hula hoop contests and more. Parties will be held through July 5.
If you plan to visit, keep this in mind – when guests purchase a one-day water park ticket, they can park-hop between the two water parks in the same day that both are open.
“Teen Beach 2″ premieres on Disney Channel on June 26th.
posted on April 21st, 2015 by Charles Stovall, Public Relations Manager
Surf’s Up! As part of the Coolest Summer Ever at Walt Disney World Resort, a new summertime dance party inspired by Disney Channel’s upcoming “Teen Beach 2” (sequel to the popular “Teen Beach Movie”) will hit the beach at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park.
From May 22 through July 5, guests can join in the “Teen Beach 2:” Beach Party at various times throughout day. The fun includes “bikers” and “surfers” who dance and play beach-themed games with guests as a DJ spins remixes of retro tunes. Taking over part of Typhoon Lagoon’s main beach area, guests can participate in relays on the sand, hula hoop spinning, water balloon and beach ball tossing, and the grooviest dance moves this side of Mt. Mayday.
Premiering this summer on Disney Channel, “Teen Beach 2″ is set months after surfer sweethearts Mack and Brady return from a summer adventure that transported them into Brady’s favorite 1960s beach party movie, “Wet Side Story,” only to receive a surprise real-world visit from Lela, Tanner, Butchy and their other newfound surfer and biker buddies.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon is the perfect place to find cool thrills on attractions like “Crush ‘n’ Gusher” and “Humunga Kowabunga,” or you can just “hang 10” in North America’s largest wave pool or the lazy river. With Summer 2015 being the Coolest Summer Ever at Walt Disney World Resort, there’s never been a better time to check out all the water-soaked action at Typhoon Lagoon, including the “Teen Beach 2:” Beach Party.
And don’t forget to check out “Teen Beach 2,” coming to Disney Channel this summer.
posted on March 20th, 2015 by Jamie Langdon, Social Media Manager
We have shared some details about how Walt Disney World Resort will be the coolest place for an unforgettable family getaway this summer, and as a mom of preschoolers, I was thrilled to see how much there is for my little ones to do! With Olaf as the host for “Coolest Summer Ever,” of course there will be lots of Frozen-inspired fun, but there is also so much more.
Here are some highlights of just some of the activities that little ones will enjoy:
From hugs from favorite Disney Jr. characters at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and royal meet & greets at Princess Fairytale Hall at Magic Kingdom Park, and of course the chance to cozy up to Mickey Mouse and pals at all four theme parks, kids will delight in hanging out with their favorites this summer.
Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
From June 17 – September 7, little ones’ Frozen dreams will come true at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Where else but the magical “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” can they belt out the lyrics to all of their favorite songs from the film in a room full of other kids?
- Kids get to feel like they’re part of the show during the daily Frozen procession, where Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and friends parade through the park and greet the citizens of “Hollywoodland.”
- It’s worth taking a nap in order to stay up for the special Frozen Fireworks, featuring Elsa and Anna, and a dazzling fireworks display set to the music from the film.
Frozen encounters at Magic Kingdom
Magic Kingdom is a favorite for my family. There is so much to see and do, and now with FastPass+, you can reserve seating to ensure you won’t miss a moment!
- Even the youngest guests will marvel at the daily Festival of Fantasy Parade, which features dancing, singing and you guessed it – Elsa and Anna!
- Be sure not to miss the incredible projection show on Cinderella Castle, followed by Wishes Nighttime Spectacular.
- Looking for a cool thrill? Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is the new rollicking rollercoaster for the whole family.
Cool Off at Two Water Parks
The two water parks at Walt Disney World Resort are an ideal way for the entire family to chill out this summer.
- At Disney’s Blizzard Beach, young children will enjoy Tike’s Peak, a play area with kid-sized versions of the attractions including slower-moving, scaled-down thrills for small fries 48 inches and under.
- Over at Typhoon Lagoon, Ketchakiddee Creek is a play area featuring 10 different aquatic activities just for preschoolers and little kids.
Giant Sand Castle in the Snow Announces 24-Hour Party, ‘Coolest Summer Ever’ at Walt Disney World Resort
posted on March 11th, 2015 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks
As you may have seen on ABC-TV’s “Good Morning America,” we shared some true Disney magic in winter-weary Boston by creating a warm summer scene, inspired by Olaf’s “In Summer” dream, to officially announce that the “Coolest Summer Ever” is coming to the Walt Disney World Resort. And it all begins with a Disney Parks Blog reader favorite – a 24-hour event at Magic Kingdom Park – during Memorial Day weekend, the traditional kickoff to summer.
Olaf, who is the official host of our “Coolest Summer Ever,” surprised Bostonians near historic Faneuil Hall with a 20-foot wide beach that included a Cinderella Castle made of sand, beach chairs, beach balls and other reminders of summer fun at Walt Disney World Resort. Check out how it all came together in the video below.
We’re kicking off the summer with an all-night party at the Walt Disney World Resort. Magic Kingdom Park will be open to guests for 24 hours of nonstop fun from 6 a.m.-6 a.m. May 22-23. Guests are invited to dress to show their Disney Side while a selection of favorite attractions, entertainment, merchandise, food and beverages will be on tap all night long to celebrate the start of the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort.
For the “Coolest Summer Ever,” we’re already planning experiences you won’t want to miss. Here’s an early look at some of the highlights:
- Frozen Fun – “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE will bring Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf with citizens of Arendelle appearing daily at Disney’s Hollywood Studios June 17-Sept. 7.
- Cool Thrill Rides – Guests will find thrills from mild to wild to out of this world in all four Walt Disney World parks. Choose from Seven Dwarfs Mine Train plus Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom Park; Test Track and Soarin’ at Epcot; Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom; Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars Weekends – Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios find stars from another galaxy during Star Wars Weekends May 15 – June 14.
- New Restaurants and Shopping – Throughout the summer, new waterfront dining and boutique shops flow into the Downtown Disney shopping/dining/entertainment district as its transformation into Disney Springs continues.
- Epcot Entertainment – New entertainment acts will appear throughout Epcot World Showcase, which also brings a fresh summery twist on fan favorite, Voices of Liberty.
- A Splash at Water Parks – A cool new deal doubles the fun at Disney’s two iconic water parks – Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach.
There’s more to come, so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog or visit Disneyworld.com/CoolestSummerEver for future details and information.
posted on July 10th, 2014 by Nate Rasmussen, Archivist, Marketing Resource Center
It’s summertime. It’s warm. I need to cool off. Should I hang ten at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park or hit the slopes at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park? Decisions, decisions. While I deliberate, here’s a look at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park under construction from March 1989 and Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park in December 1994.
This is the toughest decision of the summer for me at Walt Disney World Resort.