We’re kicking off October for Disney Parks Blog readers with the opportunity to be part of a special preview screening of “Disney’s Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” at AMC Downtown Disney 24 at the Walt Disney World Resort before the film opens in U.S. theaters on October 10, 2014.
Our Disney Parks Blog meet-up begins at 1 p.m. EST (doors open at noon) on Saturday, October 4, 2014. At the event you’ll see the film, Disney’s “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day,” which follows 11-year-old Alexander (Ed Oxenbould) as he experiences the most terrible and horrible day of his young life. Alexander soon learns that he’s not alone when his mom (Jennifer Garner), dad (Steve Carell), brother (Dylan Minnette) and sister (Kerris Dorsey) all find themselves living through their own terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Here’s a sneak peek:
RSVP for the meet-up now by sending us an email with your name, address and if you’ll be bringing a guest to WDW.BlogMeetUps@disney.com. Only one guest is permitted. A limited number of attendees will be selected for the event, so be one of the first to sign up.
Also, there are a few things you should know:
- All attendees who sign up for the event must be 18 years or older, but guests do not need to be 18 or older.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- We will send an email to individuals whose valid RSVPs are received by us via email before we reach the planned capacity to confirm their attendance for the event.
- If confirmed, it will be necessary for the registrant and guest to check in across from AMC Downtown Disney 24 for access to the event. The confirmation will include those details.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Meet-up confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person and guest.
- If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation, then your RSVP was not accepted.
The event is subject to change or cancellation.
This post will be updated after capacity has been reached.
Also, here are some other things to know:
- This is an advance screening of the film. Closed Captioning and Descriptive Video services may not be available.
- Please arrive early. No one will be admitted late. We may refuse, revoke or limit admission in our sole discretion at any time.
- NO RECORDING
The screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any video or audio recording devices (including, without limitation, cameras) into the venue and you consent to a physical search of your belongings and person for recording devices. If you attempt to enter with a recording device, you will be denied admission. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Any attempted unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability. We reserve the right to pursue any and all available remedies at law and in equity for any unauthorized recording and/or copyright infringement, including without limitation statutory damages of up to $150,000 per violation, and nothing contained in this notice shall be construed to limit our available remedies and/or legal recourse. You assume all risks of personal injury arising from or incidental to attending the screening, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event. Further, by attending you grant permission to Disney Destinations, LLC, its licensees, licensors, affiliates and agents, to record and utilize your name, voice and likeness to publicize the screening and promote the movie.
Hope to see you there.