Have you spotted this sign in the Main Street Confectionery lately?
According to this sign, the Confectionery’s cotton candy is pretty soft – but what’s the missing word? Do you remember? Tell us in the comments section below.
posted on January 5th, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager
posted on January 1st, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager
It’s a new year – do you have a Disney Parks vacation on your bucket list for 2015?
Whether it’s new dining experiences, sports milestones, holiday celebrations or the return of annual theme park festivals, there’s a lot to look forward to at Walt Disney World Resort in 2015. Here are 15 reasons you should consider planning a trip this year.
1. Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s Boardwalk – The newest Disney restaurant just opened its doors a few days ago. The menu features authentic Italian cuisine and wines – and is now an option on the Disney Dining Plan. Yum!
2. Exposition Park Food Trucks – While we’re on the topic of food, 2015 will give you time to check out the recently opened food trucks at Downtown Disney. This dedicated outdoor area also has live entertainment at night (subject to change, of course).
3. 2015 runDisney Races Are Off & Running - Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend will take place January 7-11. (Check out a sneak peek at the merchandise that will be sold at this year’s event here). Space is still available in the Kids Races!
4. Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto – This nightspot is based on the popular themed lounge at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, and is set to open here in spring. Trader Sam’s will offer tiki cocktails served in souvenir mugs, as well as smaller food offerings. Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more on this fun new location.
5. Walt Disney World Pro Soccer Classic – Soccer fans can get their kicks at the Walt Disney World Pro Soccer Classic February 1-March 1 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. In it, eight pro teams, including six Major League Soccer squads, will compete in 16 games.
6. Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Returns – This princess-themed weekend of running events returns to Walt Disney World February 19-22.
7. Starbucks to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – A new Starbucks location will open at the park in February, 2015. The new location, dubbed The Trolley Car Café, will be themed to a classic trolley car along Hollywood Boulevard and offer a unique experience for coffee lovers visiting the park.
8. The Atlanta Braves Return For Spring Training – The Braves will return to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex for their 18th consecutive year of spring training. Tickets will be available through Ticketmaster by calling (800) 745-3000 or visiting ticketmaster.com, as well as at the sports complex box office.
9. The 22nd Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival: A Spring Tradition Returns March 4-May 17 – Character topiaries, home gardening seminars, floral displays and much more will return to the park’s festival in 2015.
10. Star Wars Weekends Returns – This annual event will return to delight fans of the Force and the Empire May 15 – June 14 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
11. “Tomorrowland” Debuts In Theaters May 22 – While it isn’t a theme park offering, how could any Disney Parks fan possibly miss out on seeing this one? AMC Downtown Disney 24 at Downtown Disney may be the perfect location. The trailer looks amazing!
12. Annual Events – 2015 means the return of our favorite annual events, including The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parties, and more. Keep watching the Disney Parks Blog for news and dates on our 2015 special events.
13. New Eats at Downtown Disney – The area continues to evolve into Disney Springs, and in 2015, The Landing, the first of four interconnected neighborhoods will open to guests. Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more dates and details on the openings of Morimoto Asia, THE BOATHOUSE and STK Orlando, three restaurants planned for the area, as they come available.
14. Another Year of #DisneySide Fun - Guests loved showing their Disney Side – that side each one of us has that isn’t afraid to have fun and show our silly sides – at our parks in 2014. This year we’ll continue the fun by encouraging all of you to show your Disney Side at our parks (and at home) throughout 2015.
15. Your Family Vacation – If this is the year for your family’s vacation to the Walt Disney World Resort, then there’s nothing to look forward to more than your family’s special time together. If you visit our parks in 2015, we hope you have a wonderful time.
Which event or new offering are you looking forward to most? Let us know in the “comments” section below.
posted on January 1st, 2015 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks
Happy New Year! We’re kicking off 2015 in a big way by “flipping” Disney Side around and giving away a Walt Disney World Resort vacation that includes a night in Cinderella Castle Suite everyday in January!
Disney Parks Blog readers know that everyone has a Disney Side – that side of you that comes out to play the moment you step through the gates at any of our parks. Well, this month, we’re “flipping” it and exploring how your favorite Disney characters show their Disney Side in fun and unexpected ways.
It’s already begun. From now until January 31, visit DisneyFlipSide.com to check-out videos and photos from Sam, the Disney Parks Insider, as he goes behind the scenes with all-Parks access, an arsenal of cameras and crafty disguises to show you never-before-seen Disney Sides of some of your favorite Disney Park personalities. While visiting, be sure to enter the Disney “Flip” Side Sweepstakes. There is a new winner selected everyday in January. That’s 31 winners who will receive a 5-day/4-night dream vacation at Walt Disney World Resort for four that includes:
Visit DisneyFlipsSide.com and enter everyday for a chance to win. It’s Disney Side fun, flipped around just for you.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open only to individuals, who are, as of Entry, legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico or Canada (excluding Quebec) and who are not minors. Sweepstakes starts 12:01 AM (PT) on 1/1/15 and ends 11:59 PM (PT) on 1/31/15. The Sweepstakes is made up of 31 daily sweepstakes each beginning at 12:01 AM (PT) and ending at 11:59 PM (PT) each day. Limit one (1) Entry per daily sweepstakes. Click here for full Official Rules.
posted on December 31st, 2014 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks
Happy New Year! Tonight, we live streamed our special New Year’s Eve presentation of “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks from Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort – and you can watch the replay for yourself below. To view the fireworks show, skip ahead to 20:10 in the video below.
Be sure to check back for more live events on the Disney Parks Blog in 2015.
posted on December 31st, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment
There’s nothing our Creative Entertainment team enjoys more than producing amazing live entertainment for our guests. Here are just a few of the new experiences that debuted in Disney Parks around the world in 2014:
There’s been quite a lot happening in the world of Creative Entertainment this year, and 2015 promises to be even bigger, especially with “Frozen Fun” and the Diamond Celebration coming to Disneyland Resort. Keep reading Disney Parks Blog all year long, and we’ll have the scoop for you. Happy new year!
posted on December 30th, 2014 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks
Take at look at our list of the Top 10 Most Popular Disney Parks YouTube videos in 2014.
3. Frozen’s ‘Let it Go’ Sing-Along Performed at Walt Disney World Resort | Disney Parks
4. Moms Have a Disney Side too | Mother’s Day | Disney Parks
5. #DisneyKids: First Teacup Ride | Walt Disney World | Disney Parks
9. #DisneyKids: Remembering Favorite Attractions at Walt Disney World | Disney Parks
posted on December 30th, 2014 by Nate Rasmussen, Archivist, Marketing Resource Center
We sure had a lot to celebrate at Disney Parks in 2014, and some of the milestones we experienced this year were memorable ones, with “Frozen” fun debuting at our parks, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train opening and much more.
That said, here are my top 10 picks for moments that will go down in Disney history for 2014.
Which moment was your favorite? Would you add anything to our list? Let us know in the “Comments” section below!
posted on December 30th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager
This year was an exciting time for Disney Theme Park Merchandise. On behalf of my fellow author Michelle Harker and the entire merchandise team, thank you for your feedback! We loved reading your comments as new things were revealed. Below is a brief list of popular items from 2014. I’d love to know your favorite products from this past year, so please share in the comments below.
Disney Parks Collection By PANDORA Jewelry – In August, we announced a new partnership with PANDORA Jewelry. We released a collection of hand finished sterling silver and 14K gold charms developed especially for Disney Parks.
Disney’s “Frozen” – Some of the most requested items this past year were inspired by Disney’s “Frozen.” We introduced graphic MagicBands with Anna and Elsa; Olaf-shaped candy apples, unique headware, and, of course, dresses! Guests could also visit Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post at Disney’s Hollywood Studios or Anna & Elsa’s Boutique, a make-over destination at Downtown Disney District in California.
Marketplace Co-Op – In June, we opened the Marketplace Co-Op in Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort. This location is a testing space for new Disney retail concepts, shops and products and contains some of my favorite places to shop like D-Tech on Demand, Disney Centerpiece or Cherry Tree Lane.
Haunted Mansion Authentic – In the fall, more than 100 new Haunted Mansion-themed products were introduced at Disney Parks. Part of a program titled, “Haunted Mansion Authentic,” these items were inspired by characters, icons and details from this classic attraction. In August, the attraction celebrated its 45 anniversary at Disneyland park. In October, we opened Memento Mori, a Haunted Mansion shop located in Liberty Square in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort. The new location is also home to a unique Spirit Photography experience.
Showing Your Disney Side – Guests showed their Disney Side with products created especially for Disney Parks. We released new colors for the Disney Parks Collection by Vera Bradley. Guests loved combining pixie dust and positive energy with Alex and Ani bracelets. We also released several Dooney & Bourke handbags including some for Disney Cruise Line and the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
Shirts, Shirts and More Shirts – I’m sure I’m not the only one who had to clean out their closets to make room for new Disney Parks apparel. From online only tees to exercise apparel, guests had plenty of choices for attire with nods to Disney Parks.
posted on December 29th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager
In 2014, we started encouraging you to show your Disney Side – that silly, carefree side of you that lets go when you’re at a Disney Park and allows you to just have fun, whether that means wearing Mickey ears or running to get a perfect photo with Pluto.
Today, we’re taking a look back at the many ways our guests showed their Disney Side at our parks throughout the year.
In January, we invited you to show us how your family shows their Disney Side on this website, which enabled you to build your own stick figure family – Disney style.
We kicked off the summer season Memorial Day weekend with 24-hour Rock Your Disney Side all-night parties at Magic Kingdom Park, Disneyland park, and Disney California Adventure park. During the events, thousands of guests dressed to show their Disney Sides, whether pirate or princess, hero or villain.
In August, 101 four-legged friends got a chance to show their Disney Sides when they were selected to participate in the first-ever A Disney Side Dog’s Day at Magic Kingdom Park, in which the pack of pooches dressed in their Disney best for a walk through the park.
In September, more than 100 Disney Parks Blog readers showed their Disney Side during our “Disney Side Not-So-Scary Soiree” meet-up at Magic Kingdom Park, with guests dressing in Disney costumes for our annual Halloween event.
Also in fall, a handful of tween filmmakers got to partner with our Yellow Shoes department to share what their Disney Side would look like on film, in the “Direct Your Disney Side” series of short films. Learn more about those (and view two of the shorts in the series) here.
How will you show your Disney Side in 2015? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.
posted on December 28th, 2014 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks
We’re live streaming a special New Year’s Eve eve presentation of “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks right here on the Disney Parks Blog.
At 11:50 p.m. EST on Wednesday, we’re hosting coverage of the special New Year’s Eve presentation of “Fantasy in the Sky” fireworks. To see it live, just visit the front page of the Disney Parks Blog beginning at 11:35 p.m. on December 31.
See you then.