In honor of Constitution Day we take a look back at the All-American Parade, which made its debut in Magic Kingdom Park in 1987. Mickey and Minnie Mouse donned their finest colonial-wear while greeting guests from atop a parade float. The float consisted of a very large copy of the Constitution of the United States of America and a replica of the Liberty Bell.
posted on September 17th, 2015 by Rose Monahan, Librarian, Walt Disney World Resort
posted on September 17th, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager
Earlier this week, 300 Disney Parks Blog readers joined our team to celebrate the return of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and the debut performance of the new stage show “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular.”
As a part of the Disney Parks Blog “Not-So-Scary” Party, our guests met up at Hall of Presidents to hear more about the making of the show, the details on the costumes and more from the team who worked to bring the show to life.
Our guests also had a chance to show off their costumes before heading out for VIP viewing of the show and “Mickey’s Boo To You Parade.”
Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future event opportunities.
‘Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular’ Debuts at Magic Kingdom Park for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
posted on September 16th, 2015 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment
The “sistahs” have returned!
Last night, we debuted our new show, “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular,” during the first Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party of the season at Magic Kingdom Park. It’s been 22 years since the wicked Sanderson Sisters last appeared, in Disney’s 1993 film “Hocus Pocus.” Now they’re back and fabulous as ever!
Winifred, Mary and Sarah visit the mortal world for an all-new adventure, with a plan to use their magic to throw the best, evil Halloween party this side of the graveyard. To cast their spell on the kingdom, they proceed to conjure the ultimate Hocus Pocus Party Potion, requiring sinister shadows, nefarious nightmares and the powers of frightful friends. And who would be friends with such mischievous witches? The Disney villains, of course! The sisters soon find themselves in the company of everyone from Dr. Facilier and Oogie Boogie to Maleficent, Jafar, Captain Hook, Lady Tremaine and more!
We had a chance to chat with Show Director Denise Case, who gave us a first look at the Sanderson Sisters’ return.
“Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” is presented exclusively during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, held on special evenings through November 1 at Magic Kingdom Park. Tickets to the party are going fast, so get yours soon. You won’t want to miss a moment of the fun!
posted on September 15th, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager
This year, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will feature the new stage show, “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular,” as well as returning favorites, like Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Parade and “Happy HalloWishes” Fireworks. Disney characters will be dressed in their Halloween best, and guests at the event can look for photo opps with all Seven Dwarfs, appearances by Jack and Sally from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and Lotso from “Toy Story 3” in Tomorrowland. Guests are also welcome to dress in costume and go trick-or-treating throughout the park.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a special event, separate from regular Magic Kingdom Park admission. Tickets are still available for most event nights through November 1. Be sure to get yours early!
posted on September 15th, 2015 by Will Gay, Creative Director, Disney's Yellow Shoes Creative Group
Boo to You! It’s fall at Magic Kingdom Park, one of my favorite times of year, and that means it’s time for one of my family’s favorite events — Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. So to celebrate the kick off of the party today we are giving you some not so scary desktop and mobile art I created inspired by my favorite mouse on Halloween. (And if the “Boo To You” song is stuck in your head now, you’re welcome!) Happy Halloween!
posted on September 15th, 2015 by Rose Monahan, Librarian, Walt Disney World Resort
Dumbo the Flying Elephant at Magic Kingdom Park
posted on September 14th, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager
posted on September 14th, 2015 by Charles Stovall, Public Relations Manager
Well another year for Disney’s Night of Joy has come and gone. It was a whirlwind of activity – the concerts, the rides – everything went splendidly.
There were tons of unforgettable moments at this year’s event, and we wanted to share one of the happiest.
Night of Joy artist and American Idol® finalist Colton Dixon asked girlfriend Annie Coggeshall to marry him.
We caught up with the happy couple shortly after the proposal.
“I can’t believe I’m already at this stage of life. I’ve seen friends and family make this step, and it’s always seemed so far away, but here we are. After mulling over how and where to propose, I could think of no better place than Walt Disney World.” Colton said. “I’ve known that Annie was the one for me for a long time, but God’s timing is always perfect. Listening to Him and being intentional in our time together and apart as we grew as people was so important. Thank you to all of my friends and family who cheered me on during this time! There it is guys and gals. I’m getting married!!!!!!!”
Colton performed along with 16 other top Christian artists at this year’s event. Artists performed to sold out crowds both Friday and Saturday night on stages around Magic Kingdom Park.
posted on September 11th, 2015 by Michelle Harker, Manager, Merchandise Marketing & Communications, Disneyland Resort
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique magically transforms into Bibbidi Bobbidi “Boo-tique” this Halloween season with a Minnie Mouse “witch”-inspired look that is sure to cast a spell on you. Beginning September 15 through November 1 (or while supplies last), with the wave of a magic wand, a touch of pixie dust and help from our Fairy Godmothers-In-Training, you can watch your little pumpkin get ready for the Halloween season. We did – take a look!
The Halloween Minnie Mouse transformation package includes your choice of boutique hairstyling, shimmering makeup, face gems, nail polish, a Princess sash and cinch sack, plus the Halloween Minnie Mouse costume and matching headband. Reminder: Transformations are only available for children ages 3–12. Disneyland Resort Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique photo package is sold separately, based on availability.
For guests visiting the Disneyland Resort in California, this package will be offered at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Fantasyland inside Disneyland park (Note: Separate theme park admission required).
Guests visiting Walt Disney World Resort in Florida can find this packages at the World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney Marketplace or inside Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park (Note: Separate theme park admission required for the latter).
Appointments will book quickly so make your reservation today! Call 714-781-STYLE (714-781-7895) for Disneyland Resort or 407-WDW-STYLE (407-939-7895) for Walt Disney World Resort.
What else do the Fairy Godmothers-In-Training have up their sleeve? Well it’s safe to say the word “holiday”… but something else “cool” might be heading your way.
posted on September 11th, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager
Fall is one of my favorite times of the year and experiencing this season at Walt Disney World Resort is simply amazing.
Here are just a handful of reasons you should consider planning a fall visit this year.
- Magic Kingdom Park Gets Dressed for Fall – Main Street, U.S.A. is already alive with fall colors and new decor.
- Night of Joy Returns September 11-12 – Disney’s Night of Joy 2015 will return to Magic Kingdom Park in September. This year’s lineup includes performances by TobyMac, MercyMe, Jeremy Camp, Colton Dixon and many more. We just shared that you can watch a live feed of the sold-out shows. Check out Charles’ post for more details.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returns September 15 – Halloween fun will return to Magic Kingdom Park on September 15, and will run select nights through November 1. The Halloween party is a blast and this year will feature a brand-new stage show “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular!” Other party highlights include trick-or-treating, Mickey’s “Boo To You” Halloween Parade, Happy HalloWishes Fireworks, Disney attractions and much more.
- Sweet Fall Treats – Our candy shops will soon be stocking fall-inspired treats that guests can only find this time of year, such as candy corn-shaped rice krispie treats, fall-themed candy apples, and more. (Although you can get it year-round, one of my all-time favorite fall treats is the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate at Ghirardelli’s Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop at Downtown Disney. It’s a must try!).
- The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Begins September 25 – This fan-favorite event will run September 25-November 16, 2015 at Epcot. In honor of it’s 20th year, the festival will expand into Future World area of the park for the very first time and include new offerings, such as booths inspired by the cast members of “The Chew,” and a brand-new Rockin’ Burger Block Party, and much more.
- Eat to the Beat Concerts – This year’s concert lineup features a bevy of new acts Tiffany, Chaka Khan, Everclear and Maxi Priest. Returning favorites include Rick Springfield, Sugar Ray and many more. Check out the full list here. (Concerts are included in Epcot admission).
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar is set to open at Downtown Disney this fall – Themed around Jock Lindsey, a the pilot from the “Indiana Jones” films, the aviation-themed lounge will feature unique drinks and small plates. Check out Pam Brandon’s sneak peek at the menu here.
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend – This exciting race weekend will take place November 6-7. Guests are welcome to come out and cheer racers on – get more info on that here.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Begins November 8 – Get an early dose of holiday cheer at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, which returns in early November. Don’t miss this holiday offering, which includes special entertainment, fireworks, a parade, holiday decor and much more.