NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING
- SPONSOR: Disney Destinations, LLC, P.O. Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, is solely responsible for all aspects of this sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”).
- ADMINISTRATOR: Ventura Associates International LLC, 60 East 42nd Street, Suite 650, NY, NY 10165, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to the Sweepstakes.
- ENTRY: During the period commencing at 12:00:01 AM., February 28, 2014, and ending at 11:59:59 P.M., March 31, 2014 (“Entry Period”), you may enter by: (1) signing into your Twitter account (“Account”) or, if you are not already a member, becoming a member of Twitter.com and signing into your account; (2) “following” @WaltDisneyWorld or @Disneyland on Twitter; (3) tweeting how you will show your Disney Side this summer using your Twitter account, (4) including in your tweet the hashtag #DisneySideSweepsEntry (“Term”) in your tweet message (collectively, “Entry”). You may also review these instructions in an article dated February 28, 2014 at DisneyParksBlog.com. If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode”, your updates/responses will not be visible to Sponsor and, therefore, will not be received by Sponsor, resulting in your failure to enter the Sweepstakes. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. If you opt to receive Sponsor’s tweets via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers), standard text messaging rates, airtime and carrier charges will apply for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. You understand that by participation in this Sweepstakes via mobile phone or text message, if you are a potential winner, the Sponsor may contact you via mobile phone or text message, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your Account. For purposes of these Official Rules (“Rules”), all times and days are Eastern Time, and the Sponsor’s computer will be the time keeping device for the purposes of this Sweepstakes. Rules can be found in an article dated February 28, 2014 at DisneyParksBlog.com.
- LIMITATIONS: All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M., March 31, 2014. Only one Entry per person/Account/per day (regardless of whether one person has more than one Account or more than one person use the same Account). In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the natural person who is the “authorized account holder” assigned to the Account by Twitter. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 3 are void. Use of any automated system to enter as determined by Sponsor in its sole judgment is prohibited and will result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Open only to persons who, as of Entry, are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States, D. C. or Canada, excluding Quebec, (collectively, “Territory”) and have reached the age of majority in their state or province of primary residence. Employees of Sponsor; its parent, subsidiary, affiliated or successor companies, Sweepstakes Administrator, the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them (individually and collectively, “Entities”) and the members of their households or immediate families (defined as parent, child, spouse, siblings and the spouses of each) are ineligible to enter. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory, or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, illegible, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple Accounts to register more than once may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Void where prohibited in Quebec and wherever else prohibited and/or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, local and municipal laws and regulations.
- PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: Prize value is in United States Dollars. Prize consists of a consecutive seven (7) day / six (6) night trip for winner (“Winner”) and up to three (3) guests (the “Guests,” and together with the Winner, the “Group”) where the Group will travel to Walt Disney World® Resort and then immediately after to Disneyland ® Resort (“Trip”) on May 20, 2014 through May 26, 2014 consisting of the following elements for the Group: [a] hotel accommodations (one (1) standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax) for three (3) consecutive nights at a Walt Disney World® Resort hotel selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion; [b] up to four (4) 4-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper® and Water Park Fun & More Option; [c] services of one (1) Disney VIP Tour Guide for eight (8) hours on May 23, 2014 at Walt Disney World® Resort; [d] if Winner’s residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from Orlando International Airport in Orlando, FL, coach air transportation (with possible layovers) for the Group on a Sponsor-selected carrier from a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near Winner’s residence to Orlando International Airport; but if Winner’s residence is located two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from Orlando International Airport, then air transportation will not be provided; [e] ground transfers from the Orlando International Airport to the Walt Disney World® Resort via Disney’s Magical Express Service if air transportation is provided; [f] hotel accommodations (one standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax) for three (3) consecutive nights at a Disneyland® Resort or Disneyland® Resort area hotel as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion; [g] up to four (4) 4-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® tickets (subject to restrictions); [h] services of one (1) Disney VIP Tour Guide for eight (8) hours on one (1) day at Disneyland® Resort (subject to restrictions including tour guide availability); [i] coach air transportation (with possible layovers) for the Group from Orlando International Airport in Orlando, FL to a Sponsor-selected major airport in Southern California; [j] round trip ground transfers between the Sponsor-selected major airport in Southern California and the Disneyland® Resort via limousine service, [k] a Disney Gift Card with a value of eight hundred dollars (US$800) for Winner, and [l] if Winner’s residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from Sponsor-selected major airport in Southern California, coach air transportation (with possible layovers) for the Group on a Sponsor-selected carrier from Sponsor-selected major airport in Southern California to a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near Winner’s residence; but if Winner’s residence is located two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from Sponsor-selected major airport in Southern California, then return air transportation will not be provided. ARV: US$11,584.88, which will vary depending upon points of departure and destination and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the Winner’s residence and any airport, alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs, taxes, internet, and telephone calls. All terms and conditions of the Disney Gift Card (available at https://www.disneygiftcard.com/terms/) are applicable. Travel, lodging and prize elements are subject to availability, certain restrictions, block-out dates and Sponsor’s approval. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Winner must take Trip on May 20, 2014 through May 26, 2014, subject to availability, or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Once the travel schedule has been arranged, it cannot be altered and failure of Winner to follow such schedule shall not obligate Sponsor in any way to provide the Winner with alternate arrangements. Releasees are not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Any depiction of prize is for illustrative purposes only. Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Prize elements may not be separated. Airline tickets issued in conjunction with the prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. If the Winner chooses to bring less than three (3) guests on the Trip, the Trip will be awarded in increments suitable for the actual number of travelers with no substitute prize or compensation being provided to the Winner. Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and prize is validly claimed by May 1, 2014, after which no alternate winner will be selected, nor unclaimed prize awarded. Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won.
- PROCEDURES: All Entries must be received during the Entry Period. On or about April 3, 2014 in a random drawing, the potential winner will be selected from all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
- WINNER: Potential winner will be notified on Twitter by Direct Message to the potential winner’s Account on or about April 4, 2014. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to the Twitter Direct Message function that may interfere with winner notification. To claim the prize, you will be required to provide your email address and your physical mailing address. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within twenty four (24) hours after its transmission;  the failure of notification due to deactivation of the potential winner’s Account prior to receipt of notification;  potential winner’s failure to become a follower of @WaltDisneyWorld or @Disneyland resulting in the potential winner’s failure to receive a Direct Message from Sponsor;  potential winner’s Account “protected mode” is set so that the potential winner’s updates/responses may not be visible to Sponsor;  potential winner’s failure to include (a) a tweet message (using your Twitter account) about how you will show your Disney Side this summer, and (b) include in your tweet message #DisneySideSweepsEntry”;  potential winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) business days after its mailing;  potential winner’s failure to be available to make Trip on May 20, 2014 through May 26, 2014;  potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by May 1, 2014,  potential winner’s failure to provide required additional information upon Administrator’s request for eligibility, prize fulfillment or prize tax reporting purposes, and  any other non-compliance with Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. The Group must travel together on the same itinerary and members of the Group are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (i.e. valid photo I.D, passport etc.) before departure. All members of the Group will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to ticketing. Anyone in the Group who is a Minor must be accompanied on the Trip by his/her parent/legal guardian (“Parent”) as one of the Group, who must sign and return all required documentation. Minors must be accompanied at all times during Trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, and all prize-related events) by his/her Parent. Each Canadian resident who is a potential winner will be required to answer correctly a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise to be declared the Winner and be eligible to collect the prize. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the Winner, who (except for any Canadian) will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of his/her prize.
- RULES & WINNER’S LIST: For a winner’s list (after April 15, 2014, but before June 15, 2014) and/or Rules (before March 31, 2014), Disney Side of Summer Sweepstakes, Winners/Rules, c/o Ventura Associates International LLC, Dept. BW, 60 East 42 Street, Suite 650, New York, NY 10165. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by printing this web page.