You’ll find this adorable little sweet for just 10 days, August 22-31, at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe in Disneyland park, and we know you’ll want a picture before you take a bite. This “Mary Poppins”-themed Spoonful of Sugar involves pâte à choux, chocolate caramel ganache, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate pastry cream, dark chocolate gloss, white chocolate coating, a sugar penguin and marshmallows. A lot of work for a single bite. And it’s just $3.29.
If this revs up your sweet tooth, the Disneyland Resort pastry chefs have added a dozen more new delights that should be on the menu until early September. Mickey-shaped French macaroons are flavored with raspberry rose and passion fruit. Other fruity desserts include a Meyer lemon strawberry tart, pineapple bundt cake, blueberry cheesecake, lemon honey cupcake, orange crème brûlée and a banana cream éclair. Chocolate fans will love the red velvet whoopie pie and the chocolate brownie mousse. Add a vanilla cream éclair and an oat bran muffin to round out the diverse options.
If you prefer something savory with your sweets, Jolly Holiday Bakery Café also offers sandwiches, generous salads, soups and quiche.
For more about Jolly Holiday Bakery Café in Disneyland park, check out the posts below:
Sohni is a name of Hindi origin which means beautiful. This is certainly a fitting name for the newest tiger that can be seen at Disney’s Animal Kingdom on the Maharajah Jungle Trek, a self-guided walking tour set in the land of Asia.
The Maharajah Jungle Trek is home to many different species including komodo dragons, birds, bats and hoof-stock. Until very recently only one species of tiger could be found on this trail, but with Sohni’s arrival comes increased diversity in the form of a Sumatran tiger, a species that is only found in the wild on the island of Sumatra in Indonesia. To help you identify the difference, remember that Sumatran tigers are the smallest of the tiger subspecies. Females weigh between 165 – 242 lbs. and males weigh between 220 – 310 lbs.
Human population growth has dramatically reduced the tigers’ natural habitat. Sumatran tigers are critically endangered and it is estimated that there are fewer than 500 individuals left in the wild. You can help protect tigers and many other species by supporting conservation organizations through contributions or volunteering.
You can learn more about tigers including Sohni on your next visit, but until then here are a few tiger fun facts:
- Tigers mark their territory with visual signals, such as scratches on a tree or on the ground, and chemical signals, such a spraying a tree with urine and scent gland secretions.
- Tigers can be extremely swift for short distances, running 30 to 35 mph, and can leap impressive distances averaging 13 feet.
- Tigers seem to enjoy water and can swim well. They use rivers and lakes to seek relief from the heat and to catch fish.
- Tigers are carnivores and are the top predators in their ecosystem. A male tiger in the wild requires nearly 3 tons of food per year.
The Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund (DWCF) supports local and global nonprofit organizations that address the planet’s most urgent conservation issues including tigers around the world. In spring 2013, the DWCF supported an emergency request to assist the rehabilitation of orphaned tiger cubs in Russia. For more information and an update on the tigers supported in this project, check out the video on IFAW’s website.
More than 50 Disney villains are set to rule Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 23, as a part of the new Villains Unleashed event.
Villains Unleashed, which is a one-night event that requires a separate party ticket, will feature appearances by rare villains, meet-and-greet opportunities, an Oogie Boogie’s Freaky Funhouse Show, “Villainy in the Sky” Fireworks and much more.
The park will be buzzing with activity and fun that night. Here are some tips on how to make the most of it!
- Parking – Guests arriving by car for Villains Unleashed should come through the Main Auto Plaza, the south entrance located off US-192 and World Drive. The satellite entrance (across from the Hess station) will be closed for this event.
- Arrive Early – The party starts at 8 p.m., but guests with an event ticket can enter the park as early as 5 p.m.
- Event Guide – Pick up an Event Guide for show times and details on which characters can be found in different areas.
- Kick Off The Party At Hades Hangout – The fun begins at 8 p.m. at Hades Hangout as he summons the villains for the night’s festivities.
- Meet Characters – Villains available for character greetings will have established queues with posted appearance times. There will be separate queues for each villain, so you can be sure of meeting the one you want.
- Fantasmic! – Arrive early so you don’t miss the pre-show with the Night Crawlers (starts at 9:35 p.m.).
- Oogie Boogie’s Freaky Funhouse Show – Four showings during the night at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30 and 11:30 p.m. (Some content may be too intense for young children.)
- See Special Fireworks – “Villainy in the Sky” starts at 12:45 a.m. Excellent viewing is available in front of the Sorcerer Hat, and all along Hollywood Blvd.
See the posts below for more about Villains Unleashed:
Ninety degrees, clear blue skies and the sort of fluffy white clouds you see in magazine advertisements – it was a perfect morning to officially open the new Marketplace Boat Dock and Saratoga Bridge at Downtown Disney Marketplace.
The legendary Menehune are mischievous little people with magical powers who live in the forest and only come out at night. Menehune statues are hidden throughout Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. Look for them along the Waikolohe stream, along walking paths, in phone booths, elevators … pretty much anywhere! In fact, so many are hidden in the Waikolohe Valley that Aunty has enlisted Aulani guests to help find them on the Menehune Adventure Trail. Using interactive handsets, your ‘ohana can set out on 30 challenges that immerse you in the mysteries, legends and lore of Hawai‘i. The Menehune supply plenty of enchantment along the way! The “Unforgettable Details of Aulani” series continues today with an inside look at some of the secrets you will discover on the Menehune Adventure Trail.
How does Walt Disney Imagineering re-imagine an area of Walt Disney World that guests have enjoyed for more than 40 years? That’s the creative challenge our Imagineering team, including Executive Creative Director Theron Skees, has been tasked with – to transform the area currently known as Downtown Disney into Disney Springs, a destination that’s being expanded to include more than 150 shopping, dining and entertainment experiences.
Like Olaf, I’m a big fan of summer. However, like you, I also enjoy experiencing “Frozen” fun all year long. That’s why I’m thrilled to announce the introduction of the newest location to the Downtown Disney District, Elsa & Anna’s Boutique. Currently home to Studio Disney 365, this location will undergo a transformation starting September 2, and will re-open in mid-September. I’ll be back soon with details on the new transformations, inspired by beloved characters like Anna, Elsa and Olaf, as well as details on some of the product offerings that will be available. In the meantime, here’s a look at the art for the logo that will grace this “cool” new location.
The Marketplace Co-Op has been open in Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort for a few months now. I’ve loved hearing from guests about their visits to this exciting new location that serves as a testing space for new retail shop concepts, products and guest experiences. With fall approaching fast, I recently visited Zoey & Pickles which is one of the boutiques found inside this location. The merchandising team recently reset the location to create a colorful new display.
Today I’m sharing the last recipe in our summer series. I hope you’ve enjoyed learning how to make some of your favorite Disney Cruise Line dishes.
There’s a change in the air and it’s just not back to school, cooler temperatures and changing leaves. It is the dawn of a new era in college football and the chance for college cheer and spirit squads to cheer their Disney Side to support their team and win a $100,000 grant for their cheer/spirit program and a group trip to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.