I previously shared how teenagers can hang loose during a vacation at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. Today, I’m excited to share some tips for tweens – those between the ages 11-12 – to make new friends as well! Tweens have the opportunity to take part in complimentary activities designed exclusively for their age group Aunty’s Beach House – an interactive kids club with a touch of Disney magic. Take a look at the daily activities below, as well as other fun opportunities that aren’t to be missed at Aulani!
- Tween Hawaiian Crafts - Tweens can head to Aunty’s Beach House and learn how to make crafts inspired by Hawaiian traditions!
- Tween Game Challenge - Tweens team up at Aunty’s Beach House and play a variety of games with the Youth Activities Counselors.
In addition to the activities, don’t forget that tweens can also spend their entire day in Aunty’s Beach House, too! Save time prior to your vacation to Aulani and complete the Aunty’s Beach House pre-registration form for keiki ages 3-12 here.
Lastly, tweens can connect with friends and family over arts and crafts, board games, video games, books and Disney family movies in the resort’s Pau Hana Room. I was amazed at the amount of Disney films you can rent (including my personal favorite, “Tangled“).
What is your tween looking forward to most at Aulani? Let us know in the comments below!
Be sure to check The Daily ‘Iwa to see what fun activities are in store for everyone during your Aulani vacation.
Last week’s inaugural Castaway Cay Challenge was the first of its kind for many reasons, and today I want to share photos of one of my favorites … seeing the ship lit up under the stars at Castaway Cay!
The day of the race, the ship docked early at Castaway Cay and Disney cruisers competing in the challenge had the unique opportunity to go onto the island in the early hours of the morning before the sun came up. The reflection of the ship on the water is a sight runners I spoke with said they will never forget.
You may remember from a previous post of mine that I had the unique opportunity to spend the night on Castaway Cay, and the photos we took then are just a glimpse at the magnificent sky you see from an island in paradise. It was exciting to see the reaction of other cruisers as they experienced the island’s night sky for the first time.
Congrats again to all of the Castaway Cay Challenge runners! If you competed the challenge, be sure to share your photos with us using #CastawayChallenge.
Today is National Hugging Day, and what better way to celebrate than with Arendelle’s most huggable snowman, Olaf? As you may know, warm hugs are one of Olaf’s favorite things, and now during “Frozen Fun” at Disney California Adventure park, guests can get a warm hug from our favorite snowman himself at “Olaf’s Snow Fest.” While you’re there, make sure to explore more of Olaf’s favorite things:
- Visiting Friends: Make sure to grab a Return Time ticket for “Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome” to give warm hugs to Anna and Elsa, two of Olaf’s best friends, on National Hugging Day.
- Eating: From a build-your-own snowman cookie kit to Warm Hugs Hot White Chocolate (with delicious mint marshmallows!), there are lots of tasty new treats to try at “Olaf’s Snow Fest.”
- Singing: Head on over to the Crown Jewel Theatre to sing along with Arendelle Historians, who tell the tale of “Frozen,” and sing some of the film’s most popular tunes at “For the First Time in Forever – A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration.”
- Drawing: Do you want to draw a snowman? Spend some time in the Animation Academy, located inside the Animation Building, where aspiring artists will learn how to draw either Marshmallow or Olaf.
- Dancing: “Freeze the Night! A Family Dance Party” is the perfect place to dance the night away, but don’t forget to check out all this ‘cool’ party has to offer! Ice sculptors, dancers and the not-so-huggable snowman Marshmallow are all invited to this nighttime celebration.
Want to take some warm hugs home with you? Stop by Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post to grab your very own Olaf plush and take a peek at the rest of the “Frozen Fun” merchandise available.
Happy National Hugging Day!
One of the most popular videos we ever shared in our “Learn to Draw” series is a step-by-step tutorial on how to draw Olaf, the lovable snowman from “Frozen.”
A true Disneyland park original, Mad Tea Party has taken millions of our guests for a spin over the past nearly-sixty years. Climbing inside a giant tea cup makes you feel like you’ve stepped into Wonderland and shrunk down a bit with the help of a mysterious cake or potion. But seen from a different perspective – through the lens of Disneyland Chief Photographer Paul Hiffmeyer – these could be just regular-size tea cups … take a look!
What do you do with your laundry lint? You may remember that Circle D Corral, a working ranch that is home to the animals of the Disneyland Resort, makes it into compost. Thanks to efforts begun four years ago by cast member Andrea Raney, Circle D Corral is now gold-level Zero Waste certified by the U.S. Zero Waste Business Council, with 99 percent of its waste repurposed, composted or recycled.
In early November, Splitsville Luxury Lanes quietly introduced a new offering inside their venue – live bands on Saturday nights. With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I only recently had the chance to experience it for myself. Three months after the first band took the stage, I can attest that “quiet” isn’t an adjective I’d use to describe it—it’s loud, bright and totally fun!
Recently, I was invited to dine with royalty at Cinderella’s Dining at Cítricos—Breakfast and Brunch with the Disney Princesses at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. I’m excited to share my experience with you!
Here at Disney Parks, we’re always looking for new, innovative ways to immerse our guests in Disney stories. That’s something we’ve been doing from the very beginning, which is why it is just as important to care for our classic attractions, each of which were innovations in their own time – and continue to inspire us today. Let’s take a look back at some behind-the-scenes videos we showed you in years past here on the Disney Parks Blog to see how we care for our classic Disneyland park attractions.
Are you one of the many enjoying a holiday off of work or school today? Perhaps you’re using today for some special family time, or even some vacation planning for this spring or summer.