If there’s one thing they have in common, it’s dogs for lovebirds Roger and Anita. In this week’s Disney Doodle, they’ve broken away from the pack for some sightseeing, but can’t help but be drawn to the Fire Station on Main Street, U.S.A. Checking for another dalmatian, perhaps?
For more Disney Doodles, visit the posts below:
On this day 15 years ago, Disney California Adventure park opened its gates for the first time. To celebrate, I’ve highlighted some the most magical moments we captured on video. I have been fortunate enough to participate in of most of these moments, from the Grand Opening in 2001 to the opening of Cars Land in 2012, and more. If I had to pick a favorite, I really enjoyed the opening ceremony for Toy Story Midway Mania! Seeing the Green Army Men parachuting through the sky was really spectacular!
What is your favorite Disney California Adventure park memory?
Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day, any day you want to dedicate to love, we are celebrating hearts, and cupid and romance. Here are 10 ideas to help you celebrate with us:
- Sweetheart Wine Tasting Cruises – Beautiful Italian music, award-winning wines and an array of delicious hors d’oeuvres on board a 40-foot Italian Water Taxi with the BOATHOUSE’S trusted captain and crew through the waters of Lake Buena Vista. Call 407-939-2628 to make a reservation.
- The new Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise – A breathtaking view of the Magic Kingdom Park night time fireworks, “Wishes,” from an exclusive and romantic spot on Seven Seas Lagoon with desserts and drinks. The soundtrack is piped through the boat’s sound system for this magical viewing. Click here for reservations.
- The new Brunch at the Top at California Grill – On Valentine’s Day Sunday, try the new Brunch at the Top with your beloved. The menu showcases fresh, market-driven cuisine and toast with a glass of bubbly or wine (the restaurant has more than 1,600 bottles on display). Click here for reservations.
- Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party – Sweets and stars collide at Disney’s Hollywood Studios as guests look to the sky January 5 – March 19, for a special viewing of the Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks set to the most dramatic and memorable Star Wars themes of all time. Click here for reservations.
- Disney Springs shopping spree – The World of Disney in Disney Springs Marketplace recently expanded with an additional 6,000 sq. ft. of retail selling space. Try the new handcrafted chocolate at The Ganachery. Or for vegans, Erin McKenna Bakery NYC has savory offerings and an all-vegan and gluten-free menu.
- Minnie’s Silver Screen Dine at Hollywood & Vine – Celebrate the magic of the movies and glamour of Hollywood with an epic feast at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from Jan. 4 to March 20, 2016. Click here for reservations.
- La Nouba at Disney Springs – As part of the La Nouba’s ongoing evolution, the Cirque du Soleil show continues to bring new acts: B-Boy, commonly referred to as breakdancing, and Aerial Bamboo, a technique mastered by only a handful of performers worldwide. The acts join the recent additions of uproarious clowns and a breathtaking juggling rolla bolla act. For more information, visit DisneyWorld.com/entertainment.
- Sushi Bar at Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs – From Feb. 12 – 14, a special Valentine’s Day romantic dinner for two includes a four course, prix-fixe menu starring Chef Morimoto’s signature Peking Duck for two. On Valentine’s day only, a five-course Omakase dinner will be served at the intimate second-level 14-seat sushi bar. For reservations, call 407-939-6686 (MOTO).
- Monsieur Paul Proposal-popping and Vow Renewal dinner at Epcot – In the shadow of the Eiffel Tower (replica), indulge in a decadent meal, peer out of the second story windows that overlook the World Showcase Lagoon, toast with champagne, and dessert is served with an extra sparkle on the plate: the big question, and your token of love. Click here for reservations.
- Sunset and cocktails at the Polynesian – Sip on champagne and strawberries against the backdrop of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the beautiful new Bora Bora Bungalows. Take a moonlit stroll along the torch-lined waterfront and visit Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto.
How will you romance the one you love, Disney-style?
Greetings, adventurers! I have received exciting news from the depths of the jungle – for a limited time, same-day reservations will be accepted at Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen in Magic Kingdom Park.
Today’s lovely morning shot was snapped right in between two resorts – Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – with a lovely view of Disney’s BoardWalk Inn just across Crescent Lake.
Fresh from the Denver Broncos Super Bowl 50 victory, quarterback Peyton Manning is preparing for a magical celebration of his own. “I’m going to Disneyland!” he exclaimed in a post-game interview.
We kicked off the first week of February with our first-ever live stream of “Fantasmic!” from Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This guest-favorite show explores the magic of Mickey Mouse’s imagination – and the adventure he embarks upon when the Disney villains show up to try to turn his dream “into a nightmare Fantasmic.”
Welcome to the month of love! From treats to getaways (or staycations, depending on where you live) to lavish meals, this month we’re swooning over all the stories of romance here at Disney Parks.
Happy Lunar New Year Celebration is going on now at Paradise Gardens in Disney California Adventure park, through February 8. The event celebrates time-honored traditions of the Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, inviting citizens of all backgrounds to enjoy the festivities. Join Mulan and Mushu, along with friends Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Chip n’ Dale to celebrate the Year of the Monkey! Take a look at all the fun in the video below.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and if you haven’t picked up a gift or made plans yet—don’t worry. There are plenty of sweet ways to show you care with specialty treats at Walt Disney World Resort.