As ABC’s smash show “Dancing with the Stars” prepares to kick-off its 21st season next month, more celebrities are being announced as competitors. This morning, Disneyland park was the setting for the latest “cast reveal” on Entertainment Tonight as Alexa PenaVega and Carlos PenaVega were announced as the first-ever married couple to compete for the coveted Mirror Ball Trophy joined by performers from “Paint the Night” parade, as well as Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
It’s no coincidence that this special announcement took place at Disneyland park since Alexa (who is celebrating her birthday today!) and Carlos are both huge Disneyland fans.
Check out this video to learn more about what inspires this Disney-loving couple as they prepare for their ballroom adventure.
“Dancing with the Stars” returns with an all-new season premiere on Monday, Sept. 14, at 8pm ET/PT on ABC.
Last month on the Disney Parks Blog, we announced breakfast would be coming to Garden Grill Restaurant beginning November 8. Today, I have a deliciously easy recipe to share from this new dining experience: Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake. This new signature item is ooey-gooey and sure to be something the whole family will love.
For reservations, visit DisneyWorld.com/dine or call 407-WDW-DINE.
Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake from Garden Grill Restaurant at Epcot
Yield 6 – 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
Sweet Cinnamon Dough
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 ounce cake (fresh) yeast, crumbled (approximately 3 tablespoons loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For cinnamon smear:
- Cream together margarine, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl after adding each egg. Mix well and place in refrigerator.
For sweet cinnamon dough:
- Heat milk in small sauce pan to 90 – 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from heat, add cake (fresh) yeast, whisk until dissolved, set aside.
- Mix sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, eggs and flour in large bowl, until smooth.
- Add yeast mixture slowly, stirring until dough comes easily away from sides of bowl.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place dough in large bowl, cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest 10 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Coat bottom and sides of 12 inch cake pan or 9 x 13 inch pan with butter.
- Punch down dough, knead it a few times, roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 10-inch rectangle.
- Spread cinnamon smear over dough. Roll up dough beginning at the 15-inch side and pinch edge together to seal.
- Cut into 1 inch slices, quarter each slice, place pieces close together in pan.
- Cover, let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix milk, confectioners’ sugar, softened butter and vanilla extract together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm bun.
I’m delighted to announce we are holding special preview days for the new Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition on August 28-29 at Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort. This all day event will give guests a first opportunity to see and play Disney Infinity 3.0 before its official release date on August 30.
Throughout the day, guests will be able to play Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition at the location. I know my son and I can’t wait as there are several new figures including Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and characters from
Disney•Pixar’s “Inside Out.” I’m most excited about the Sam Flynn and Quorra figures from “TRON: Legacy.” I’m also looking forward to trying the “Tomorrowland” Power Disc Pack as I loved the film!
Finally, guests will have an opportunity to meet a few individuals involved with the game’s development. Special guests will include:
- Senior Producer Ryan Rothenberger who has worked on the Disney Infinity franchise since the very beginning. Currently, he is the Game Director overseeing the creation and development of all new heroic Play Sets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
- Senior Producer Michael Schneider who oversees the development and execution of the console versions of Disney Infinity and helps make sure the game launches on time worldwide.
- Associate Producer David Mayernik who has been with the Disney Infinity team since the first game where he held the position of Product Support Specialist. Here he worked as a liaison between the Guest Experience Support Team and Production.
On Friday, August 28, Allison Petrek, Lead Community Manager for Disney Infinity, will be meeting with guests from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. You can catch her weekly as a host of Disney Infinity Toy Box TV where the team shares all of the latest game news including new releases, contests, events, and more.
I hope to see you there!
Will you be joining us this year for the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna, taking place September 3-6, 2015, at the Disneyland Resort? Can you believe it’s been “Ten Years Running”? If you’re curious as to what merchandise awaits you for the races, wait no longer. Here’s your first look!
Summer’s winding down. The kids are back in school. What are we going to do next? Plan for Halloween, of course! It’s almost time for one of my favorite seasons of the year – and my absolute favorite Disney event, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
The recipe for a great Disney cruise is pretty simple: show up, relax and have fun! But there are some other things you’ll want to make sure you do right so your family can have the ultimate Disney vacation. Take it from me, someone who has cruised many, many times with Disney – there are a few things you should aim to get right …
There isn’t anything quite like an experience at Laniwai Spa. Designed by Walt Disney Imagineering, this “freshwater heaven” at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, is guaranteed to make your Hawaiian vacation unforgettable. Let’s have some fun and see how much you know about the Laniwai Spa in the quiz below!
To see artwork materialize right before your eyes is to appreciate a craft like never before.
If you enjoy toe-tapping tunes as much as tasty treats, you will love this: starting today, you can make FastPass+ reservations for the Eat to the Beat concert series. These nightly shows during the 20th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival span the decades of pop music.
Staying at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort has many perks. One of my favorite amenities at our hotels are the themed pools! And of course, no hotel pool is complete without water slides!