With Adventures by Disney Long Weekends, families can enjoy exciting destinations, such as New York City and San Francisco & Napa, while making the most of their free time. Now, Adventures by Disney is heading south for our newest Long Weekends offering in Nashville, Tennessee!
Starting in 2015, foodies, music lovers and history buffs of all ages can take part in this one-of-a-kind southern experience inspired by the critically acclaimed television show NASHVILLE on ABC.
The new four-day, three-night Nashville vacation puts you right in the heart of country music and southern cuisine, and offers behind-the-scenes tours of famous landmarks in Music City. Take in a live show at the Grand Ole Opry, complete with a private dinner and a special look backstage. Live out your music dreams as you are guided through the hallowed halls of RCA/Studio B, where you’ll have the chance to sing one of the many hits recorded in this famed studio. Visit the famed Bluebird Café and dine where music legends have performed, learn about the art of songwriting and enjoy a special musical performance. Tour some of the sites that form the backdrop for the ABC show NASHVILLE.
For fans of traditional southern food, this Adventures by Disney itinerary has something cooking for you. You’ll try your hand at unique cooking activities where you’ll learn how to bake southern biscuits and craft your own BBQ sauce.
This remarkable new Nashville vacation allows you to enjoy an adventurous getaway in true southern, and Adventures by Disney, style. Watch NASHVILLE on ABC, then see the city that inspired it all with Adventures by Disney!
Recently, Pam Brandon shared details about one of my favorite Raglan Road events, The Great Irish Hooley. I like it because it’s authentically Irish – outside of the Emerald Isle, you rarely have the chance to experience this sort of spectacle, unless of course, you’re lucky enough to be in the vicinity of the Downtown Disney Area during Labor Day weekend!
Though it was hard to pick my ‘Top 5,’ I think I’ve done it. Below, in no particular order, are the things you just can’t miss:
- Scythian – Haven’t heard of this ultra-talented band? One listen, and you’ll never forget them! The group includes a trio of classically trained fiddle players, a jazz percussionist, and an accordion and banjo player. Currently promoting their new album ‘Jump at the Sun,’ they’ll be taking the Raglan Road stage nightly at 9:30pm.
- ‘A Knights Brunch’ & ‘The Rollicking Raglan Brunch’ – Whether you’re cheering for UCF or Penn State, football fans from far and wide are invited to watch the Croke Park Classic football season opener taking place in Dublin, Ireland on August 30th at 8:30am. (Yes, brunch starts at 8:00am that morning, with Guinness, Bloody Marys and more on the menu! The venue is no longer accepting reservations, but walk-ins are welcome.) On Sunday, you can book Raglan Road’s traditional Irish Brunch offering, starting at 11am.
- ‘From Our Roots to Riverdance’ – We’re all familiar with ‘Riverdance,’ right? Ronan McCormack, the original choreographer, will trace the origins of Irish dance from early jigs to the modern era in this energetic and entertaining event, taking place daily at 6pm on the outside patio (weather permitting). Bonus: Guest participation is encouraged.
- Master Chef Kevin Dundon’s Amazing Menu – If you like traditional Irish fare or a more modern twist on Irish cuisine (like me!), you’ll find something special on the menu, created with only the finest ingredients sourced from the best suppliers. The gluten-free fish ‘n’ chips continues to get rave reviews – and they have gluten free onion rings, too. Who knew?
- The Great Irish Ceili – I’m always awed by the Raglan Road dancers and this event puts the spotlight on their fancy footwork. Guests are invited to take part in the ceili, a traditional form of group folk dancing, on Saturday, Sunday at Monday at 3:00pm.
Farewell, summer. Hello, fall fun, ushered in the way only the Irish can do it!
Some of the most popular stories on the Disney Parks Blog this summer have been about the many offerings at our “Frozen Summer Fun” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Today, we’re thrilled to announce that the “Frozen” fun is continuing this winter at Tokyo Disneyland Resort with a new special event called “Anna and Elsa’s Frozen Fantasy.”
“Anna and Elsa’s Frozen Fantasy” will run from January 13 through March 20, 2015 at Tokyo Disneyland Park. The event will be themed to the hit film “Frozen” and offer opportunities to experience the world of ice and snow created by Elsa’s magical power.
During the event, the nighttime entertainment “Once Upon a Time” will be presented in a special version that features new scenes based on Disney’s “Frozen.” And during the day, Anna and Elsa will make appearances and greet guests along the parade route to the music of “Let It Go,” the theme song from the film.
This special winter event will be presented only at Tokyo Disneyland Park.
Just wait until you see what merchandise events we have headed your way this September at the Disneyland Resort!
The sun never sets during the Norwegian summer. Okay, I exaggerate, but only a little. In fact, on the 7 nights of my Adventures by Disney trip through Norway the sun dipped down into a dusk-like state for approximately four hours each evening (and wreaked havoc on my internal alarm clock). All this summer daylight makes Norway an outdoor lover’s paradise.
Earlier this year, we shared with you the exciting news of a wallaby joey that could be seen at the Oasis
at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Now that the joey has grown a bit, we can share that “It’s a boy!” and
his name is Ozzie. His first time coming out of his mom’s pouch was in April. He gradually spent more
and more time out of the pouch and is now pretty independent. He is eating solid foods and currently
weighs in at 2.3kg! (The weight range for adults is 4-9kg.)
This Labor Day weekend more than 700 athletes and coaches representing nine states, 5 countries from as far away as Japan, will hit the diamonds at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort for Disney Turn Back the Clock Weekend. For the 18th straight year teams will enjoy international competition on the field and fun off the field in the Parks and at a private water park party at Typhoon Lagoon.
Have you checked out the new Disneyland.com on your mobile phone? This all-new mobile experience puts your entire Disneyland Resort visit right in the palm of your hand with features like dining reservations, attraction information and – my favorite new features – the new Disney eTicket and even prepaid parking. And the best part … this complete planning tool is accessible through your device’s web browser; there are no apps to download.
Over the weekend, Disney’s Hollywood Studios played host to Villains Unleashed, a special event in which 50 Disney villains (and many Disney fans) packed the park for some nighttime fun and special entertainment. The event kicked off at Hades Hangout, where several Disney villains were welcomed to the stage – including Shan Yu, Bowler Hat Guy, Captain Gantu, Oogie Boogie and many others. One fan favorite was Dr. Hämsterviel, who made his debut appearance at Walt Disney World Resort during this event!
The Halloween season returns to Disney Parks in just a few days. I recently took a break from making my next homemade costume to visit Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort. There, I stopped by the Emporium on Main Street, U.S.A. to make this short video highlighting my favorite Halloween merchandise items created especially for Disney Parks.