‘Tis the season of sweets at Epcot, with World Showcase countries showing off their sugary best starting November 30 for Holidays Around the World. While each country celebrates through special music, storytelling and dance, you’ll also find extraordinary holiday treats—most sweet, but a few savories. These goodies only last through the holidays!
Clockwise around World Showcase:
- Mexico – Sweet tamales.
- Norway – Frozen Peppermint Trifle; Traditional Rice Cream.
- China – Kaikouxiao (Happy Face Fried Cake).
- Germany – Stollen, the classic holiday fruit bread; Glühwein, a hot spiced wine; Werther’s Original specialty drinks and treats, and a German artisanal cheese plate.
- Italy – Prosecco sparkling wine and Panettone (Italian Christmas bread).
- American Adventure – Start with a peek at the edible United States Capitol Building and Washington Monument (starting December 1) made out of 50 pounds of gingerbread.
- On the promenade at American Adventure, The Sugar and Spice shop (open November 27) is the place for treats for the Candlelight Processional. You’ll find peppermint bark, gingerbread cookies, chocolate chunk cookies, holiday tree sugar cookies, hot chocolate, eggnog, hot chocolate with peppermint Schnapps, and eggnog with Buffalo Trace Kentucky Bourbon.
- Japan – A savory grilled Kurobuto pork sausage with pineapple and onions and Hitachino Ginger Beer.
- Morocco – honey chocolate baklava.
- France – A classic Buche de Noel au Chocolat (chocolate Christmas log) and a special glace à la cannelle et noix de pecan caramélisées (cinnamon ice cream and caramelized pecans).
- United Kingdom – Hot applejack cider.
- Canada – Pecan maple bark.
- Promenade Refreshments – A little savory, a little sweet: a warm turkey sandwich on cranberry bread with mashed potatoes and gravy; peppermint sundae, chocolate grasshopper, hot chocolate, hot chocolate with Godiva Coffee Liqueur and Red Hook Winterhook Ale.
- Fountainview in Future World — Mickey Santa Hat Cupcake.
Guests using the free Shop Disney Parks mobile app this week through Monday, November 30, 2015 will find magical deals on merchandise. If you are unfamiliar with this new mobile app, check out this video article which shows you how easy it is to find and purchase merchandise from Disney Parks.
During Thanksgiving week, Shop Disney Parks will have deals each day on items such as stocking stuffers, home décor, accessories, toys, plush and more. Deals may change each day so you’ll want to check back often.
We are also extending our “Free Shipping” offer I previously discussed through January 2, 2016.
To download the app, please visit DisneyWorld.com/Shop.
Ah, the subtle change of seasons in California means some delicious new dishes on the dinner menu at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. And a new opening time for dinner: 5 p.m. daily.
Look for new starters including Sea & Land Tartare featuring spiced ahi tuna, charred filet mignon, truffle aioli and a rye crouton; Fried Mushroom Ravioli with grilled Portobello mushroom, tomato concassé and a slow-poached egg; and Short Rib Shepherd’s Pie with sweet potato, roasted root vegetables and a mushroom ragout.
A hearty maple-glazed Kurobuta pork chop is added to the entrées, and a pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.
Breakfast hours stay the same, and now you can get start your day with a Mickey-shaped waffles – with a fancy topping of warm Bananas Foster or warm berries (plus bacon or sausage).
For reservations, visit Disneyland.com or call 714-781-DINE.
My Thanksgiving usually consists of a huge feast. I’m talking at least four types of meat dishes, lots of yummy side dishes and at least five desserts! Variety is definitely the spice of life.
This week in Disney history, “Tangled” debuted in theaters, introducing us to a daring and adventure loving princess named Rapunzel.
Over the summer I gave you my top five reasons why you should add a Disney cruise to your next Walt Disney World Resort stay. Based on your response, it seems you agree Disney by land and sea is the ultimate family vacation!
Over the weekend, 450 Disney fans joined us at Disney Springs for our latest event, the Disney Parks Blog “The Good Dinosaur” Meet-Up. Our morning of fun included an early screening of the film, a good ol’fashioned “roar-off” among our younger guests, surprises that included Disney Parks Blog hats, and more.
Imagine yourself seated at the Thanksgiving table. Friends and family around. Waiting patiently for the Thanksgiving feast to begin. What better way to fill that time than to spend it with our pals, Chip and Dale?
It’s no secret that one of everyone’s favorite Disney cruise activities is enjoying the wonderful food onboard. We’ve created an entirely new culinary experience with the all-new Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats aboard the Disney Dream. It’s your one stop for delicious ice cream, gelato and candy shop.
Materializing at Disney Parks on November 27 are four new Funko Pop! figures themed to the Haunted Mansion, created especially for Disney Theme Park Merchandise. These happy haunts are currently in search of a new place to socialize since their resting grounds have been taken over by Sandy Claws!