Today is the first day of fall, and here at Walt Disney World Resort that means it’s the official start of a whole new season of fun.
Here are 10 reasons that fall is a great time to visit our parks.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties – This special after-hours Halloween party at Magic Kingdom Park is a must-do during a fall visit. Bring your Halloween costumes, get ready to trick-or-treat and expect to see some amazing Halloween entertainment and fireworks! More details on this offering here.
- Villain’s Sinister Soiree - Available only on Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party nights, guests can book this special package that offers a wicked good time that includes VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks, as well as an exclusive dessert party that features some of your favorite Disney villains, musical entertainment and some delectable treats. The package costs $99 per person and more details can be found here.
- Pumpkins! (And Generally Amazing Fall Decor) - Fall at Magic Kingdom Park offers up some amazing photo opportunities, as our photography team showed in this blog post earlier this month. What I love most are the pumpkins along Main Street, U.S.A., which each feature their own unique design. Take a moment to check them out.
- Haunted Mansion Merchandise Shop Set To Debut - This fall will see the debut of a new dedicated merchandise shop that Haunted Mansion fans are guaranteed to love. Steven Miller offered a sneak peek at some of the items that will be available at the shop in this post. Stay tuned for more on the shop’s opening.
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Each night through November 10, Epcot will come alive with food and fun thanks to the return of one of our most popular events, the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. This year, 25 marketplaces will show off the talents of 270 chefs, including some of Disney’s finest, as well as some celeb chefs.
- Celebrity Chef Appearances - This year’s festival will feature appearances by celeb chefs Jamie Deen, “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro and Allen Susser, among others.
- Eat To The Beat Concert Series - While we’re talking about fall fun at Epcot, the Eat to the Beat concert series is already underway with several new acts – including Fuel, Jim Brickman, Los Lonely Boys and David Cook – in the lineup. (Concerts are included in park admission).
- runDisney Races Return – Two race weekends - The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler Weekend and Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend – will return to Walt Disney World Resort October 3-4 and November 7-8, respectively. Registration for Kids Races and after parties are still available.
- Special Fall Treats - Even snacks are dressed up for the holiday, with new Maleficent cups, Zero popcorn buckets and more now appearing in parks.
- Fall Savings on Resort Rooms - Guests visiting Walt Disney World Resort this fall can save up to 30 percent on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels, including Deluxe Villa Resort rooms and Deluxe Resort rooms. This offer is valid for stays most nights October 4 through November 25, and November 29 through December 23, 2014 and must be booked by October 3, 2014. (Some restrictions apply). To book, visit DisneyWorld.com/fall or call 407-WDW-1896.
What’s your favorite part of visiting Walt Disney World Resort during the fall season? Tell us in the comments section below.
I’ve written about La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil here on the Disney Parks Blog before. New Clowns? Covered. A backstage VIP Tour dubbed L’Experience? Check. That said, this might be my most delicious update yet …
On sale now, with shows starting on Tuesday, September 30, guests can purchase a special “Dinner & A Show” package that include a ticket to the 6:00 p.m. “La Nouba” show plus dinner – an entrée, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage – at one of three Downtown Disney West Side restaurants: Wolfgang Puck Café, Planet Hollywood or Splitsville Luxury Lanes. With an option to dine by 4:30 p.m. before the show, or make it a later evening with a post-performance dinner after 8:00 p.m., there’s an option for everyone.
Fall has always been my favorite time of year in Florida, and with this special offer, it’s just one more reason to love the season. Though I’ve seen the show a few times, with prices starting at just $99, I may need to see it again!
Ready to book? Click here for full offer details and to purchase.
For more about “La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil” at Walt Disney World Resort, visit the posts below:
UPDATE: The Disney Parks Blog Creepy Cruise Meet-Up has reached capacity and confirmation emails are being sent. Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future events!
Halloween Time is upon us, and it’s time to show your spooky Disney Side! Registration is now open for the Disney Parks Blog Creepy Cruise Meet-Up on Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2014.
When you step aboard the Sailing Ship Columbia* to set sail on this creepy cruise, you may not recognize it. The Rivers of America take on an aura of foreboding … has a ghost followed you on board? Explore this floating edifice of fright, but beware …
Of course, costumes are welcome! Come dressed to show your Halloween-inspired Disney Side – whether you’re a Disney Villain, hero, princess or pirate, Halloween Time is the best time to let your inner character out!
So join us the evening of Tuesday, Oct. 7! Space for the event is limited and you must sign up here. Please remember the following:
- All participants who sign up for the event must be 18 years or older, but guests of the participants may be younger than 18.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- Meet-up confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person plus one guest.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Disneyland park admission will be provided beginning at 8:15 p.m. for the event, but participants will be responsible for any parking fees.
- Costumes are subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive.
I will give an update at the top of this post when capacity has been reached. Please note the event is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
*Guests must navigate a steep series of stairs when boarding and disembarking the ship.
As many of you know, Disney’s theme parks and resorts exemplify not only storytelling and creativity, but also innovation. We are constantly defining and redefining themed entertainment, and we do that not just in the technology behind our attractions, but also in the way we design them.
Even though you’ve heard there is something for everyone on a Disney cruise, do you still wonder if that truly means for you, too? Of course you know your kids will love it, but as parents, will you enjoy it? You know my answer is “absolutely!” But we also caught back up with Disney Parks Moms Panelist Dolly to get her take on this frequently asked question. Hear what she has to say in this video…
Welcome, foolish mortals, to the eighth collection from Beautifully Disney. This fabulously fearful collection materializes at Disney Parks later this month. I will be your host — your ghost host — along this tour.
Early this morning, musician and composer Danny Elfman stopped by Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland park to record this special reading from “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.” A longtime collaborator with Tim Burton, Elfman created the film’s music and also provided the singing voice for Jack Skellington.
One of my favorite experiences on my recent Adventures by Disney journey through Italy was spending time in Tuscany. The landscape is filled with vineyards that produce some of the world’s finest wines, as well as small medieval Etruscan towns that dot the surrounding hillsides.
Just a flight of steps down from the beautiful lobby of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Victoria Falls Lounge is a fun spot for cocktails or a great glass of South African wine. A new menu adds flavors of Africa and India from the resort’s various restaurants – substantial bites to pair with beverages.
We are excited to return to the big blue world once again when Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage at Disneyland park reopens September 27, following an extended refurbishment. Quite a bit of work has been done over the course of this year to renew this favorite attraction. Many of the attraction’s scenes, rockwork and coral have been refreshed and repainted; as a result, guests will see a more colorful and vibrant underwater experience than ever before.