UPDATE: This live event has concluded. Please keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future live events.
We’re just moments away from bringing you our first-ever live stream of “Fantasmic!” from Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It’s a guest-favorite show that explores the magic of Mickey Mouse’s imagination – and the adventure he embarks upon when the Disney villains show up to try to turn his dream “into a nightmare Fantasmic.”
The show will start promptly at 7 p.m., but because we love sharing behind-the-scenes info and interviews, we’re starting 10 minutes early for some pre-show content and a few special guests.
While we wait for the parade to begin, please visit the comments section below and tell us where you’re watching from and who you’re watching with. Also, join the conversation online by following @DisneyParks or using the hashtag #DisneyParksLIVE.
With Hawaii’s breathtaking landscape and tropical temperatures, it’s the perfect destination to enjoy the outdoors and be active. At Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, we offer something for everyone, including many options to keep you energized and fit!
As part of our “Meet Aulani’s ‘Ohana” series, I’d like to introduce you to Chasen, one of our friendly fitness instructors. The resort not only has a state-of-the-art fitness center, but also offers a variety of classes and bootcamps for Aulani resort guests – most complimentary.
Learn about Chasen’s role, as well as a few of our fitness offerings in the video below.
Looking to stay fit while on vacation at Aulani? Check the Daily ‘Iwa for daily class schedules.
For more “Meet Aulani’s ‘Ohana” posts, visit the posts below:
Valentine’s Day is February 14th, but why limit date night to just one Sunday? I’ve always considered Disney Springs one of the very best spots for a fun night out, whether you’re looking for a treat yo’ self-splurge or something more casual and carefree.
This year, there’s even more to love at Disney Springs, with plenty of new options for romance. Read on for a few of my favorite ideas for couples:
- Love is an adventure—especially at Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar: with themed cocktails and inventive small plates, I suggest starting with drinks and splitting an appetizer before moving on to dinner. (This is also a favorite watering hole for late night escapades!)
- Do a classic date night better, with dinner at one of our new (or newly expanded!) hot spots: by now, you’ve heard the buzz about Morimoto Asia – it’s in the spotlight for a reason. The exquisitely prepared Pan Asian cuisine pairs perfectly with the upscale ambience of the dining room. I also love their curated beverage menu … the sake sangria is perfect for sharing. On Valentine’s Weekend, make a reservation to enjoy a special prix fixe dinner: $85 per person gets you four courses and features the impressive Morimoto Peking Duck dish. If you prefer the flavors of the Americas, visit Paradiso 37. Here, a new expansion added nearly 500 additional seats, many with waterfront views. The updated wine bar is another nice enhancement. Of course, their menu continues to impress and on Valentine’s Day, couples can enjoy a five-course meal (Grilled Filet Oscar or Seared Black Grouper, anyone?) at $39.99 per person.
- Be sweet at The Ganachery: An intimate space showcasing sophisticated ganache made in-house, it’s no surprise that this Disney owned and operated chocolate boutique often has a line to get in. Choose your own favorites among 16 flavors, or pick up a pre-selected assortment of treats hand-picked to create the ultimate Valentine’s gift.
- Toast to your better half with a Wine Tasting Cruise at The BOATHOUSE: The newest experience at The Landing ships off Valentine’s Day Weekend. February 12-14, you can enjoy an intimate cruise about The Venezia, a breathtaking 40-ft water taxi. Reservations are required and are limited to 10 guests (groups are welcome!); the cost is $150 per person for the one-hour wine-and-hors d’oeuvers-included voyage, departing at 4:30pm. Call 407-939-2628 to book.
- Fall in love with “La Nouba” all over again, thanks to brand-new acts: The breakdancing b-boys will get your heart pumping while a you-need-to-see-it-to-believe-it aerial bamboo act brings pure romance. Though the show is dark on Valentine’s Day, there is plenty of opportunity to catch this classic Cirque du Soleil spectacle with the one you love. Visit the “La Nouba” website or call (407) 939-7600 to purchase tickets.
Which date idea sounds most fun to you? (Though really, why pick just one … February has just begun, so if you plan things just right, you may be able to do all of the above this month—that’s definitely something to love!)
One of the original restaurants at Disneyland park, River Belle Terrace (under a variety of names) has been serving up home-style eats and Southern hospitality for more than sixty years. On February 10, the next chapter for River Belle Terrace will begin as the restaurant reopens as a table-service location, featuring barbecue favorites, tasty sides and more.
Imagine vacationing amongst astonishing natural beauty on the Adventures by Disney Costa Rica vacation. I’m about to set off on this adventure through the heart of the Central American rainforest, and I’ll be sure to share my experiences with you along the way. Until then, test your knowledge about this amazing itinerary by taking the quiz below.
This year marks the 10th Anniversary since the first Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique opened at Disney Springs Marketplace. For the past 10 years, a team of Fairy Godmothers-in-training have turned thousands of guests ages 3-12 into Disney princesses at this enchanted beauty salon. In early 2015, my fellow author Darcy Clark shared a great recap of her niece Harper’s magical transformation. Did you know the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique also offers a makeover experience for brave knights? Here’s what I discovered when I booked an appointment for my son Athan.
Ask a server at Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen where the best seat in the house is, and in true Jungle Cruise fashion, he or she may respond with, “Inside!”
If you’re like me, you probably think planning a vacation is so much fun! We want to make sure we’re doing all we can to make the most of our precious time-off. Following up to last week’s Moms Panel Monday where we shared ideas on the best time of year to visit Disney Parks, this week we look at how to truly get the most out of your Disney vacation.
Are you ready to see the next wave of attraction poster totes from HARVEYS created for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration?
If you don’t believe magical things happen at Walt Disney World Resort, just ask the Lewisburg Area High School Choir.