It’s almost time to kick off the holiday fun aboard all four ships! Whether your favorite holiday is Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s, we have something special for you on either our Halloween on the High Seas voyages or Very Merrytime Cruises.
If this year is your first celebrating onboard with us, you’ll definitely want to read on. We asked our fans on Facebook and Twitter for their best holiday cruise tips, and we got some pretty awesome responses! I read through all of them (hundreds!) and pulled out my favorites.
Here are the best tips you gave for first-time Disney holiday cruisers:
- Dress for the occasion… Who says you can only dress up on October 31? Bring a different Halloween costume for each night of your cruise. Pack that tacky Christmas sweater and the family’s matching flannel pajamas. And as always, go all out for Pirate Night!
- Stacy: “If you’re going for a Halloween cruise, make sure the adults bring costumes! The contest is for the adults and not the kids!”
Nichole: “Excited about dressing up for Halloween this year! Don’t forget your pirate clothes for pirate night!”
Colleen: “Bring costumes…even Christmas themed ones.”
Lorelei: “Bring your Christmas pajamas for holiday photos by the tree!”
- Get in the spirit and decorate… We’ll have the ship decked out from bow to stern, but you can never have enough decorations! Most stateroom doors are metal, so magnets are the perfect accessory to dress up your space. Just remember to follow the guidelines for decorating on disneycruise.com.
Tina: “Don’t forget the decor for your room… It really makes a difference!”
Suzanne: “For Christmas we decorate the door with Mickey and Christmas magnets. We also get a miniature Christmas tree and miniature ornaments for our room.”
Yvette: “Show your Disney spirit! Don’t forget your Mickey magnets and all things Disney to decorate your cabin door!”
- Join the festivities… From trick-or-treating to costume contests on our Halloween voyages, and the atrium tree lighting ceremony to meet-and-greets with Santa on our Very Merrytime Cruises, the celebration never ends! Plan to attend as many holiday-themed activities as you can for non-stop fun.
Lorie: “Read the Navigator so you won’t miss anything!”
Gail: “If there is more than one age group in your party get a couple of extra navigators at guest services. There’s so much going on every day you need to co-ordinate your activities and highlight the ones you don’t want to miss.”
Katie: “Sign up for free gingerbread house decorating as soon as you can. Fresh baked gingerbread houses! Tasty and make your room smell delicious!”
- Pack light… Swim suit, sunscreen, dinner attire, costumes and camera… You won’t need much else! We even provide toiletries in your stateroom and towels for the pool and Castaway Cay. Less stuff in your suitcase means more room to take home souvenirs and gifts you purchase for loved ones back home.
Traci: “Don’t over pack. Is the number one error of first time cruiser. Save room for the souvenirs.”
Salvatrice: “Half as many clothes and twice as many bathing suits than you think while packing!”
Bev: “Don’t overpack, you can do laundry onboard easily and it’s great to come home with clean clothes”
- Just relax and have fun… It is a vacation after all! The busyness of the holiday season will be waiting for you when you get back, so until then, take the advice of these very smart Disney cruisers …
Laura: “Just relax and be a kid again”
Anabel: “Have lots of fun take plenty of pictures.”
David: “Bring yourself, bring your imagination, tell your inner child he or she is coming out for some exercise and enjoy!!! Never, never (really never) be without the camera!!!”
Gene: “No matter the holiday, go ALL OUT! Dress up, sing louder, be merrier (or scarier). Holidays on a Disney Cruise are the best!!”