With our summer-long celebration of Disney’s “Frozen” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios starting on Saturday, July 5, I wanted to give you a first look inside Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland. Located in Soundstage One between Toy Story Midway Mania and the Studio Backlot Tour, Oaken and his cousins have created a cold-weather wonderland filled with a frozen pond for ice skating demonstrations, photo opportunities, play areas, food and beverage kiosks, and a merchandise shop.
Upon entering Soundstage One, guests pass by the trading post front porch on the way to the frozen pond and the merchandise location. My first stop was the ice skating rink located in the same space recently occupied by Darth’s Mall during Star Wars Weekends 2014. Surrounded by snow-covered trees, I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the pond – it’s summer in Florida and I was staring at ice! I haven’t been skating since I lived in Ohio many years ago, so I can’t wait to go.
My next stop was the trading post, which is located in the front area of Soundstage One. This location will be home to a large assortment of “Frozen” merchandise. I found dolls, toys, plush, apparel, consumables, pins and much more. The assortment will evolve throughout the summer as additional items arrive at Disney Parks, like the recently discussed Olaf merchandise I shared in this article.
We will be releasing a new D-Tech on Demand cases for iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5/5S on Saturday at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This artwork will also be added to the D-Tech on Demand boutique inside the recently opened Marketplace Co-Op in Downtown Disney Marketplace. The Marketplace Co-Op location will have a few designs not found anywhere else, while the “Frozen Summer Fun” design will only be found at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Coming next week, we will release three open edition, retail MagicBands at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with pre-printed images of Elsa, Anna and Olaf. As with all retail MagicBand purchases, guests must present one of the following for the MagicBand to be linked to at the time of purchase: valid theme park admission, Memory Maker card or another MagicBand. These items will not be available for purchase online or via Merchandise Guest Services.
I hope you are able to join us this summer as the celebration runs through September 1. Below is a gallery of a few additional things I found during my visit.
For more on Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, visit the posts below:
Beginning tomorrow, July 4, and continuing through mid-August, guests at Disney Parks on both coasts will be able to enjoy an exclusive sneak peek of “Guardians of the Galaxy,” the latest exciting adventure from the studio that brought you “The Avengers.”
This special, extended sneak peek of the film will play daily in spectacular RealD 3D at the ABC Sound Studio at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida. You’ll also be able to catch it at Disneyland park in California, at the Magic Eye Theater in Tomorrowland, where it will be presented in 3D with special in-theater effects.
“Guardians of the Galaxy” stars Chris Pratt as space adventurer Peter Quill, who is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of ragtag misfits in order to evade a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe.
I’ve got a feeling “Guardians of the Galaxy” is going to be a special kind of awesome! Who else is excited and ready to join us for the sneak peek in the parks this month? Let us know in the “Comments” section below, and make plans now to catch “Guardians of the Galaxy,” when the movie releases in U.S. theaters on August 1, 2014.
As our Entertainment author Shawn Slater shared last week, we have some very exciting new offerings launching this Saturday, July 5, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort that are inspired by the film Disney’s “Frozen” – including a new procession, sing-along, merchandise shop, snow activities, nighttime fireworks spectacular and more! (Be sure to check out Shawn’s original post here for full details).
The Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package, available daily from July 5 – September 1, 2014 (with the exception of August 23), will offer guests reserved viewing for three of the park’s most anticipated new experiences. This package is a great way to see Princess Anna and Queen Elsa. Guests who book the package will check in at Min and Bills Dockside Diner starting at 10:30 a.m., then enjoy refreshments and reserved viewing for Anna & Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession at 11:00 a.m. Later on, they’ll experience reserved seating at one showing of For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, which takes place between 12:30-7 p.m. The evening will end from 8:30 – 10PM with an exclusive dessert party in a reserved area for viewing of the nighttime Frozen fireworks spectacular. (Note: Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession and the dessert party offers a reserved viewing area, no seating is available. Wheelchairs and ECVs will be accommodated).
Packages cost $59 for adults and $34 for children (including tax and gratuity). Discounts do not apply. Park admission is required. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Book this package now by calling 407-939-1939.
(Note: Guests will receive a credential for identification during the Royal Welcome procession viewing. If you are not able to attend the Royal Welcome procession viewing, please visit Guest Relations to check-in between 12 p.m. and 8 p.m. and select a show time for the sing-along celebration. After 8 p.m., please check-in at Min and Bill’s. Credential identification is non-transferrable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.)
For more on Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, visit the posts below:
In the film “Frozen,” Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post is where Anna meets a snow-covered Kristoff, and they set off on an adventure together to find Elsa and stop the eternal winter. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, a place inspired by that scene in the film – Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland – will open its doors to offer you adventure starting this Saturday, July 5. Here, you’ll be able to purchase “Frozen” wares, special snacks, take photos and enjoy wintertime fun – including ice skating!
Located inside the Soundstage One building toward the rear of the park, Oaken’s Frozen Funland features a frozen pond where guests can go ice skating. Skating sessions are $10 for 30 minutes on the ice, including the use of ice skates, socks and a helmet. Guests can also bring their own equipment. Oaken’s Frozen Funland will be open daily from park opening to 8 p.m., and skating sessions are available on a first come, first serve basis. (Note: Skating availability may be limited to the sizing of skates. Waivers for all guests are required and minors must have an adult/responsible party age 18 or older present to sign for them).
Oaken’s Frozen Funland is just one of several “Frozen”-themed offerings that debut this Saturday, July 5. A “Frozen” fireworks spectacular, For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration, Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession, dance parties and more will run through September 1 at the park.
Will you add this activity to your list? Join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #FrozenSummer.
For more information about “Frozen” fun this summer, see the posts below:
If you are one of the more than 16,000 runners ‘dropping in’ to participate in The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend, October 3-4, at Walt Disney World Resort, then we have a little motivation to help you with your training.
From the youngest runners in the runDisney Kids Races to the most experienced runners in the Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and the 10-Miler, we often hear, “it’s all about the ‘bling’.” With that in mind, we are excited to share what waits for you at the finish lines of this year’s events.
There will be no tricks, just treats when kids receive the Halloween-inspired Donald Duck medallion for participating in the diaper dash, 100m, 200m 400m and 1-Mile races.
Be careful of hitchhiking ghosts if you are participating in the Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run. New this year, the medallion glows in the dark!
And nothing can be more fitting than the 2014 The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler medal, featuring The Hollywood Tower Hotel. Not only does this medal glow in the dark, the elevator moves up and down.
Now, if you are not running race weekend or just hearing about runDisney, I invite you to check out runDisney.com, register for an upcoming event and put a little ‘bling’ around your neck.
Independence Day is coming up, and the parks at Walt Disney World Resort are planning to celebrate with some star-spangled salutes to America in honor of our nation’s 238th birthday!
If you’re visiting Walt Disney World Resort for the 4th of July, here is some of what you can look forward to:
- Magic Kingdom Park – “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” rockets into the air above Cinderella Castle. This special, fireworks spectacular will be presented two nights in a row, at 9 p.m. on both July 3 and 4.
- Epcot – On July 4, enjoy a special concert of great American songs by Voices of Liberty at America Gardens Theater, where they’ll be performing at 12:30 p.m., 1:45 p.m., and 3 p.m. You can also meet some favorite Disney characters in patriotic attire outside The American Adventure, and catch the Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps at the pavilion at 1 p.m., 2:15 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4 p.m., and 4:45 p.m. That evening, “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” joins the celebration at 10 p.m., with a heart-pounding, pyrotechnic grand finale.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – A “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration” at the Sorcerer’s Hat Stage on July 4, features the “Rock Your Summer Side” Dance Party, with a DJ and live band. The Hollywood Rockers will take you on a rock ‘n roll road trip across America that culminates with the band playing live during that night’s fireworks spectacular. The celebration kicks off at 6 p.m. and continues through 11 p.m., with fireworks at 10:15 p.m.
Looks like the 4th of July is going to be a blast all across Walt Disney World Resort!
Earlier this week, we shared the exciting news that a bevvy of new “Frozen” -inspired entertainment options will debut at Disney’s Hollywood Studios very soon. Here are some of the first photos of Anna and Elsa at the park.
Beginning July 5 (yes, just one week from today!), Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be the home to the Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome procession, a For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration, a “Frozen” fireworks spectacular and much more. Be sure to check out Shawn’s original blog post for all of the exciting details!
Tell us – will you be at the park July 5 for the “Frozen” debut? Which offering are you most excited to experience?
To join the conversation online, use the hashtag #FrozenSummer.
Like Olaf, have you ever closed your eyes and imagined yourself in another place? In summer, maybe? At Walt Disney World Resort? Or perhaps in the snow-covered kingdom of Arendelle, from Disney’s instant classic, “Frozen.” Why not all three?! After all, the hot and the cold are both so intense, if you put them together it just makes sense! And that’s just what we’re doing as part of an incredible new experience.
This summer, the world of “Frozen” takes center stage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We’re opening up the gates July 5 for a summer-long happening, featuring a full day of all-new, immersive “Frozen” experiences you won’t want to miss, every day through September 1!
Here are some of the highlights:
- Olaf on Summer Vacation – Olaf the snowman is having the time of his life on his very first summer vacation! He chimes in throughout the day to keep everyone updated on all his adventures. Plus, you can pick up your very own Take-Along Olaf from locations in the park, so he can join you on your summer vacation. And when you share your photos with Olaf on social media, be sure to tag them with #OlafSummerVacation. They may just get selected to appear in that day’s grand finale!
- Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome – At 11:00 a.m. each day, Elsa and Anna arrive in Hollywood as part of their goodwill tour of neighboring kingdoms, making their way down Hollywood Boulevard in a horse-drawn sleigh. Kristoff is along for the fun, too, joined by a flurry of skaters, skiiers, ice cutters and more! The entire procession culminates in a special moment at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage to officially welcome the visiting royalty to this kingdom of Hollywoodland.
- For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Cool down inside the Premiere Theater, where Anna and Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their Kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland – Inside Soundstage One, Oaken and his cousins have created a Frozen Funland filled with cold weather activities, unique photo opportunities, and more! There’s a frozen pond with ice skating demonstrations, wintertime fun for kids in the “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” play area, a “big summer blowout” with plenty of “Frozen” merchandise, and special “Frozen”-inspired food and beverage offerings.
- “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Starting at 5:30 p.m. each day, a dance party takes over the area around the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, with a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a variety of classic and contemporary summer rock & roll hits, as well as a cool, rocking medley of “Frozen” favorites. It’s going to be hot!
- “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
I don’t know if I’m elated or … well, you know!
If you’re somewhere in that zone, like me, you’re already bursting with anticipation for “Frozen Summer Fun – Live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.” Starting July 5, the sky will be blue, and you guys will be there, too! It’s going to be a great summer for snowmen, royalty, and anyone who’s a fan of “Frozen!”
This summer, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is inviting everyone to “Rock Your Summer Side” with a special dance party event each evening from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Live band The Hollywood Rockers takes to the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, engaging in rowdy antics and playing some of the greatest songs of summer. Between sets with the band, our DJ spins hot summertime hits, and you can get up and dance with some of your favorite Disney characters. Mickey and the gang will be dressed for fun in the sun, ready to rock their summer side, too!
Nearby, you’ll even find a giant postcard set up to mark the occasion. It’ll be a great spot to snap a selfie and share the fun with all your friends and family.
As we shared earlier this month, “Villains Unleashed,” a new, separately ticketed event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, will feature more than 50 Disney villains. Villains will appear at the event in several different ways, participating in character greetings, stage shows, and more.
We just got a sneak peek at a portion of the invite list. Many more villains will be on hand at the the event, but here’s a few names you may recognize. (Entertainment is subject to change!).
- Lady Tremaine
- J. Worthington Foulfellow
- Big Bad Wolf
- Cruella De Vil
- Captain Hook
- Mr. Smee
- Bowler Hat Guy
- Queen of Hearts
- Darth Vader
- Darth Maul
- Boba Fett
- Asajj Ventress
- Emperor Palpatine
- Zam Wessell
- Jango Fett