Exploring Disney’s Animal Kingdom can really work up an appetite, especially after conquering Expedition Everest and traveling on Kilimanjaro Safaris. Luckily, there are some new snacks and a few favorites to tide you over until dinner.
The newly revamped Gardens Kiosk, located on Discovery Island, features a Trek Power Salad with quinoa, beets, edamame and citrus as well as a Farmer’s Salad with blueberries, goat cheese and candied pecans. Both salads are eligible as a snack entitlement on the Disney Dining Plan. Also new to the menu is a chilled green tea infused with orange blossom honey, cucumber-mint-pomegranate lemonade, and raspberry lemonade sweetened with stevia.
For a hearty snack, check out the baked lobster mac and cheese and baked pasta marinara with mozzarella at Beastly Kiosk. Both pasta dishes are packed with cheesy goodness and count as snack entitlements on the Disney Dining Plan.
You’ll find Mr. Kamal’s while trekking between Africa and Asia, the vegan menu reflecting both cultures. Here, you’ll find samosas served with mango salsa, hummus served with vegetables and pita, and delicious falafel. Across the path at Bradley Falls, look for a new Asian beef slider, edamame, and Asian noodles.
What is your favorite snack at Disney’s Animal Kingdom?
A 60th anniversary celebration like no other is on tap at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar for August 10 and 11 on the Magic Kingdom Lawn at the Disneyland Hotel.
The sessions will include the Tahitian Terrace Tribute Show with Tahitian dancers; a historical overview by Imagineers; and tastes from the original menu of the “gone-but-not-forgotten” Tahitian Terrace tropical restaurant. Guests also receive two drink tickets good for non-alcoholic Tahitian Punch, Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration drink (with alcohol), wine or beer.
Everyone also gets goodies: a commemorative Tahitian Terrace Diamond luau lei, a special edition diamond Tiki glass and swizzle stick, a Tahitian Terrace print on parchment and a Tahitian Punch recipe card. Guests can also purchase up to two Diamond Tiki glasses.
Pre-paid admission is $150 (with tax and gratuity) for either 5-6:30 p.m. or 7-8:30 p.m. on August 10 or 11. A limited number of tickets will be sold for each session. Reservations are now open. For tickets, visit Disneyland.com or call 714-781-DINE.
At Disney Parks, we all scream for Ice Cream! Today is National Ice Cream Day and we’re celebrating by sharing our Top Five Favorite Ice Cream Treats to try at Walt Disney World Resort this summer.
- The Warm Glazed Doughnut from Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is stacked with cinnamon apples and topped with vanilla bean ice cream and caramel sauce. This treat is really out-of-this-world!
- L’Artisans des Glace in the France Pavilion at Epcot has 16 delicious flavors of hand-crafted frozen treats including ice cream and sorbet that change seasonally—like Caramel fleur de sel and Coconut White Chocolate. If you’re looking to try something new, the chocolate macaron ice cream sandwich is magnifique!
- The new Double Chocolate-Chip Ice Cream Sandwich from Tamu Tamu Refreshments at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is perfectly portable, so you can snack on your way to your next Disney’s Animal Kingdom adventure.
- Dad’s Brownie Sundae from 50’s Prime Time Café at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is my current favorite sundae. A chocolate brownie is piled high with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, caramel sauce, whipped cream, and is topped with chocolate candies, caramel corn and a cherry. What’s not to love?
- No list is complete without the Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar, available throughout Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. (Though in my opinion this treat is best enjoyed in front of Cinderella Castle, while waiting for “Wishes!” Nighttime Spectacular to begin!)
How are you celebrating National Ice Cream Day?
“Some people are worth melting for.” But that’s not necessary on Castaway Cay! This summer we introduced a new way for you to cool down – with a delicious frozen drink at Summertime Freeze.
I shared with you last week the recipe for Warm Hugs, and today I have another Olaf-inspired beverage for you to try, Worth Melting For. At Summertime Freeze, we top this drink with an Olaf cookie. When you make it at home, you can substitute with two blueberries, one mini carrot and two mini marshmallows for Olaf’s eyes, nose and teeth!
Worth Melting For
- 2 pieces fresh passion fruit
- 6 oz. piña colada mix
- 1 oz. blue curaçao syrup
- Blend passion fruit with piña colada mix and ice.
- Layer bottom of glass with a half ounce blue curaçao syrup.
- Pour drink and drizzle a half ounce blue curaçao syrup.
There are more ways than ever to celebrate at the 20th annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival September 25-November 16 – and while plenty of events are included with park admission, we look forward each fall to the over-the-top “premium events.”
Get ready to book your reservations when the phone lines open at 7 a.m. on Thursday, July 30: 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378). And while some favorites fill up fast, there are lots of new events to celebrate the festival’s 20 years at Walt Disney World Resort. Some events can be booked at epcotfoodfestival.com: culinary demos, beverage seminars, mixology seminars, general admission for Party for the Senses and general admission for the Rockin’ Burger Block Party. Check out all the events at the website, then get set to dial or book online!
Beginning today, you can go to epcotfoodfestival.com to choose your own lineup, but here are our top picks:
- Get a glimpse of the cast of ABC TV’s “The Chew” at a new premium event on October 8 in World ShowPlace: the Rockin’ Burger Block Party, with specialty burgers and sliders inspired by top names in the music industry such as Dave Matthews and his Dreaming Tree Wines and Carlos Santana’s Casa Noble Tequila. (Two additional Burger Block Parties are set for September 25 and November 6.) This one includes VIP seating with a specialty cocktail toast, premium bar and more.
- One of a series of popular Party for the Senses premium events will be the first-time Yelloween Masquerade Party for the Senses October 31, an elegant, dance-the-night-away, gourmet tasting party with Champagne, wine, craft beers and specialty cocktails paired with food. (You’ll want to masquerade in chic yellow and black.)
- Another Party for the Senses we don’t want to miss is October 24 with Disney chefs from the United States, Europe and Asia cooking their favorite cuisine that represents their cultures as well as the Disney Parks and Resorts they call home. Additional Party for the Senses dates are October 3, 10 and 17, and each evening starts with a reserved seat at the Eat to the Beat concert series at the America Gardens Theatre. Following the show, head to World ShowPlace for a sensational evening with more than 50 tasting stations. (And Cirque du Soleil is back!)
- What’s Cookin’ With … begin the morning with a delightful plated brunch and sparkling wine toast. Culinary celebs will demo a favorite dish and then sit down with the emcee to answer questions from the audience and share secrets of their successes. The brunch happens every Friday and Saturday at 10 a.m.
- September 27: Andrew Zimmern
- October 2: Amanda Freitag presented by Mylan
- October 4: Bryan Voltaggio
- October 9: Jamie Deen
- October 11: Carla Hall
- October 16: Gale Gand
- October 18: Cat Cora
- October 23: Allen Susser
- October 25: John Ash presented by Verlasso
- October 30: Robert Irvine
- November 1: Erika Davis
- November 6: Buddy Valastro
- November 8: David Guas
- November 13: Alex Guarnaschelli
- November 15: Sarah Fioroni
Others premium events we look forward to trying: the Mexican Tequila Lunch, Japanese Craft Beer Tasting and the new French Family Meal Traditions.
Included in regular Epcot admission are the new Back to Basics series, special book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Marketplace Discovery Passport and attractions and park entertainment.
Entertainment and Events are subject to change without notice.
Are you headed to the Disneyland Resort on July 17? Then you’re in luck! Our Disneyland Candy Makers have been busy preparing something special for you to enjoy. Treat yourself to this specially created Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration apple. The Mickey Mouse shaped apple has been hand-dipped in caramel, covered in white chocolate, dazzled in sanding sugar and topped delicately with a special Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration lay-on. This sparkling creation is only available for a limited time, so don’t miss out!
Now on to August! Those planning a trip (or trip back) to the Disneyland Resort will delight in the news about our gourmet treats. Our candy makers have taken one of our classic treats for a spin. The crispy is covered in chocolate, layered with mini pretzels and drizzled with peanut butter and chocolate. Looking for something sweeter? The gourmet apple and marshmallow wand have the perfect extra touch, a layer of caramel. How tempted are your taste buds?
But wait, there’s just one thing missing from these incredible treats: the gourmet bark. This carefully layered concoction is made of milk chocolate with pieces of pretzels folded in, layered with peanut butter and topped with additional pretzel bites. It’s sweet, salty and ultimately delicious.
Whether you’re planning your own Mad Tea Party or simply craving something for your sweet tooth, we’ve got exactly what you’re looking for. Find the new line of gourmet treats beginning August 1 at Candy Palace on Main Street, U.S.A., and Hunny Spot in Critter Country in Disneyland park; Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure park; and Marceline’s Confectionery in the Downtown Disney District.
Which treat are you most excited for?
Can traveling with young kids really be enjoyable for the whole family? With us, it can be! We make it easy to sail with children by offering numerous amenities that both parents – and little ones – will love! Here’s a look at the top reasons parents agree traveling with little ones is smooth sailing aboard a Disney cruise…
Staterooms Tailored for Families
Our staterooms are designed with families in mind and have ample storage space for everyone’s essentials. Plus, most have split bathrooms to make it easy for the entire family to get ready faster, and many include bathtubs to help little ones get squeaky clean.
Diaper Genie, Pack ‘n Play and Stroller Provided
No need to worry about bringing some of the basic necessities along because we have you covered. Diaper Genies and Pack ‘n Plays are available for use and can be reserved ahead of time and delivered to your stateroom. Also, a limited number of strollers that can be used both onboard and ashore are available on a first-come, first-serve basis at Guest Services.
Nursery and Kids Clubs
When it’s time for parents to enjoy some time to themselves, the nursery is the perfect soothing space for little ones age three and under to be looked after and cared for by specially trained counselors. We also have kids clubs for children ages three to 12.
24-Hour Room Service
With complimentary room service available 24 hours a day, we make it easy so there’s no need to leave your stateroom when little ones are taking a nap or when they need some late night food.
We offer a large selection of classic children’s food favorites to satisfy even the littlest of taste buds. In addition to the tasty kids’ menu, charming servers performing magic tricks throughout the meal will captivate little ones.
For more on cruising with little ones, check out these past posts:
Become part of “Fantasmic!” and “World of Color – Celebrate!” in a whole new way. Made with Magic sippers will be sold at select Food and Beverage locations in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks beginning July 17.
“Fantasmic!” Chernabog sipper locations include:
“World of Color” sipper locations include:
The sipper without a beverage is $25.00 (tax included) or $28.00 with a beverage (including fountain soda, frozen carbonated beverages and frozen lemonade).
Which sipper will you pick up to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Disneyland Resort?
I’m excited to announce the Ice Palace Boutique will join Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios starting July 26. This wintry salon is where guests ages 3-12 can undergo a magical transformation as they prepare for Coronation day revel in a flurry of “Frozen” fun. The Ice Palace Boutique will be located on Commissary Lane across from ABC Commissary in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Unique to this location, guests can purchase select packages where families can also join in the “Frozen” fun. Additional party members can enjoy the exclusive Ice Palace Café, an immersive “Frozen”-themed café with included snacks while they wait for their Anna or Elsa.
The party will also get reserved seating at one show of “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at Hyperion Theater.
The “Frozen”-inspired packages include:
- Frozen Summer Fun Boutique Package – This package includes Anna or Elsa-inspired shimmering makeup palette, face gems, nail polish, a braided hair piece with sparkling snowflake accessory and an exclusive photo opportunity. Package retail: $75, includes tax.
- Ice Palace Boutique Package – This package includes the items offered in the Frozen Summer Fun Boutique Package. It also includes access to the Ice Palace Café and reserved seating at one of the “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” shows. Package retail: $175, includes tax.
- Ice Palace Boutique Deluxe Package – This package includes an Anna or Elsa costume plus the items offered in the Ice Palace Boutique Package. Package retail: $240, includes tax.
The Ice Palace Boutique Package and the Ice Palace Boutique Deluxe Package is for up to 6 guests, including the child getting the magical transformation.
Reservations can be made in advance and are highly recommended. To book your appointment starting July 17, please call 407-827-7400. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. The location may be able to accommodate guests without reservations on a limited, first-come, first-serve basis each day.
Ice Palace Boutique will only be offered during Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios which continues through September 7, 2015.
The peak of summer is upon us, and we invite you to celebrate with a backyard barbecue inspired by Disney Parks and Resorts.
Visit the Walt Disney World Pinterest page to find everything you need to host the perfect summer barbecue. We made it easy, providing recipes for some Disney Parks food favorites (Flame Tree Barbecue Sauce anyone?), drinks, and even printable napkin rings and a menu and place cards to tie it all together. Click through to download and print the recipes, or pin them to your recipe board to make later.
Featured recipes include:
Which recipe are you going to try at your next summer party?