We have shared some details about how Walt Disney World Resort will be the coolest place for an unforgettable family getaway this summer, and as a mom of preschoolers, I was thrilled to see how much there is for my little ones to do! With Olaf as the host for “Coolest Summer Ever,” of course there will be lots of Frozen-inspired fun, but there is also so much more.
Here are some highlights of just some of the activities that little ones will enjoy:
From hugs from favorite Disney Jr. characters at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and royal meet & greets at Princess Fairytale Hall at Magic Kingdom Park, and of course the chance to cozy up to Mickey Mouse and pals at all four theme parks, kids will delight in hanging out with their favorites this summer.
Frozen Summer Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
From June 17 – September 7, little ones’ Frozen dreams will come true at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Where else but the magical “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” can they belt out the lyrics to all of their favorite songs from the film in a room full of other kids?
- Kids get to feel like they’re part of the show during the daily Frozen procession, where Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and friends parade through the park and greet the citizens of “Hollywoodland.”
- It’s worth taking a nap in order to stay up for the special Frozen Fireworks, featuring Elsa and Anna, and a dazzling fireworks display set to the music from the film.
Frozen encounters at Magic Kingdom
Magic Kingdom is a favorite for my family. There is so much to see and do, and now with FastPass+, you can reserve seating to ensure you won’t miss a moment!
Cool Off at Two Water Parks
The two water parks at Walt Disney World Resort are an ideal way for the entire family to chill out this summer.
- At Disney’s Blizzard Beach, young children will enjoy Tike’s Peak, a play area with kid-sized versions of the attractions including slower-moving, scaled-down thrills for small fries 48 inches and under.
- Over at Typhoon Lagoon, Ketchakiddee Creek is a play area featuring 10 different aquatic activities just for preschoolers and little kids.
Last year, we showed you a preview of the work that we’re doing to make one of our guests’ favorite areas at Magic Kingdom Park even better. Today we’re happy to share that several new sections of the Central Plaza area between Main Street U.S.A. and Cinderella Castle are now open.
This marks the first milestone in our multi-phase project that will add in sculpted gardens, new pathways, and expanded restaurant seating. And beginning February 27, the FastPass+ viewing location will relocate from the the Rose Garden Fireworks Viewing Area to the Main Street Plaza Gardens (an area adjacent to The Crystal Palace).
Interested in using Disney FastPass+ service for this new area? Check out your My Disney Experience account.
We’re pleased to share that MyMagic+ – our collection of tools taking the guest experience to the next level at the Walt Disney World Resort – was recently honored with an “Innovation by Design” award by the popular magazine and website, Fast Company.
MyMagic+ received the top spot in the “Experience Design” category when Fast Company revealed the 10 best designs of the year at their annual “Innovation by Design” Awards and Conference in New York City. Winning entries were honored as the smartest, most ambitious design experience developed in concert with business and culture.
As we’ve shared here on the Disney Parks Blog, MyMagic+ is a new way for guests to experience an even more magical Walt Disney World vacation, with FastPass+, Disney’s MagicBand and the My Disney Experience website and app.
Congratulations to the MyMagic+ teams working on this award and all of the cast members assisting in the ongoing evolution of the guest experience at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Are you planning a Walt Disney World Resort vacation but don’t know where to start? Well, there are actually a lot of complimentary vacation planning tools available out there that can help you plan the perfect trip for your family. Here are some of our favorites.
- WaltDisneyWorld.com – This essential planning website is where you can begin to explore our theme parks and resorts, buy theme park tickets, make resort and dining reservations, and more. You can also create set up a MyDisneyExperience profile, which lets you organize all of your vacation plans in one place, as well as select FastPass+ for specific attractions you want to experience during your vacation.
- Disney Parks Vacation Planning DVD – When you order your free Disney Parks Vacation Planning DVD, you’ll discover a world of ways to make family memories together, including special tips on how to make the most of the magic. You can also watch online.
- Ratings & Reviews – Discover what other guests are saying about our Walt Disney World resorts, dining and attractions and start planning your must-sees today!
- Disney Parks Moms Panel – Got a vacation-planning question? Ask the Disney Parks Moms Panel, our team of talented vacation planners that are ready and waiting to help.
It’s here. Our first official Disney Parks mobile application is now available and you’re invited to check it out.
Trying Mobile Magic is simple. Verizon Wireless customers can download the application for $9.99 for 180 days. Just go to the Media Center to “Browse & Download,” then “Get New Applications.” You’ll then find Mobile Magic in the “Travel & Navigation” folder. The app can also be found by texting Magic to 2777 later today.
You should know that there’s a 24-hour free trial available for a limited time if you’d like to test it out. In either case, download and message charges may apply. Airtime or megabyte data charges may also apply when browsing, downloading and using certain applications. You can access the Disney Parks mobile web site by going to either m.disneyland.com or m.disneyworld.com on your mobile web browser.
The application is ready to use but the team will be fine tuning it until January. Mobile Magic is bringing FASTPASS return times, attraction wait times for the park you are in, extensive information on character locations and more for Walt Disney World and Disneyland theme parks to your Verizon Wireless phone. And, even if you are not a Verizon Wireless subscriber, you can still use your mobile phone to access select park information and on the Disney Parks Mobile web sites.
Here’s the list of phones that the app is currently available on:
– LG Glance
– LG VX Chocolate
– LG Chocolate 3
– LG Decoy
– LG VX 8700
– LG Venus
– Moto Adventure
– Nokia 7205
– Samsung Renown
– Moto 325
– Samsung 540
– Samsung 550
– LG 5500
– Nokia 6205
– Moto 755
– UT Starcom 8950
– UT Starcom GC1-c711
– GZ1 – S Boulder
– Moto K1 -M
– Moto – L7c
– LG 8350
– Samsung Trance
– Moto V3m
– Moto Barrage
– Moto VU204
– LGE VX-8360
– Motorola RIZR Z6TV
– Motorola VU30 (Rapture)
– Motorola Z6c
– Samsung SCH-A990
– Samsung SCH-U620
– Samsung SCH-U900 Flipshot
– LG VX 9100 – enV2
– LG VX 9200 – enV3
– LG VX 8300
– LG VX8370
– Motorola V9M
– Motorola W766 Harmony
– Motorola VE
– Samsung U640 Buddy
– Samsung SCH – U650 (Sway)
– Casio Hitachi Exilim C721
Update: New Phones Added
– Nokia 6315i
– Nokia 2705 Shade
– CDM – 8975
– LG VX 8600
– LG VX9400
– LG VX9800 V
– LG VX9900 enV
– Nokia Twist 7705
The Following Touch-Screen Devices Added
– LG VX8575 – Chocolate Touch
– LG VX 9600 – Versa
– LG VX 9700 – Dare
– LG VX 10000 – Voyager
– LG VX 11000 – enV Touch
The list of Verizon Wireless phones that Mobile Magic will be available on is expected to grow to include “touch” handsets and smartphones in the upcoming weeks.
Here are some more screenshots:
There are even more screen shots below:
Read the rest of this entry »