UPDATE: This event has been filled to capacity. Please CLICK HERE to view a list of the accepted event attendees. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email by 6 p.m. EST today, please contact us at WDW.BlogMeetUps@disney.com.
We’ve just finalized plans for our next Disney Parks Blog Meet-Up and it’s one you’ll not want to miss. On November 2, 2014, we’re offering the opportunity to be part of a special preview screening of the Walt Disney Animation Studios film “Big Hero 6” at AMC Downtown Disney 24 at Walt Disney World Resort before it opens in U.S. theaters on November 7.
Our Disney Parks Blog Meet-Up begins at 11 a.m. EST (doors open at 10 a.m.) at AMC Downtown Disney 24 on Sunday, November 2, 2014. At the event, you’ll see “Big Hero 6,” which is an action-packed comedy-adventure about robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who learns to harness his genius—thanks to his brilliant brother Tadashi and their like-minded friends: adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred.
Attendees of the Meet-Up will also get the opportunity to meet-and-greet “Big Hero 6” characters Hiro and Baymax before they debut for guests in the park.
RSVP for the meet-up now by sending us an email with your name, address and if you’ll be bringing a guest to WDW.BlogMeetUps@disney.com. Only one guest is permitted. A limited number of attendees will be selected for the event, so be one of the first to sign up.
Also, there are a few things you should know:
- All attendees who sign up for the event must be 18 years or older, but guests do not need to be 18 or older.
- Disney “Big Hero 6” is rated PG.
- Limit one guest per registrant.
- We will send an email to individuals whose valid RSVPs are received by us via email before we reach the planned capacity to confirm their attendance for the event.
- If confirmed, it will be necessary for the registrant and guest to check in across from AMC Downtown Disney 24 for access to the event. The confirmation will include those details.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Meet-up confirmations are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- Confirmation will be for the accepted registered person and guest.
- If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation, then your RSVP was not accepted.
- The event is subject to change or cancellation.
This post will be updated after capacity has been reached.
Also, here are some other things to know:
- This is an advance screening of the film. Closed Captioning and Descriptive Video services may not be available.
- Please arrive early. No one will be admitted late. We may refuse, revoke or limit admission in our sole discretion at any time.
- NO RECORDING
The screening will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending, you agree not to bring any video or audio recording devices (including, without limitation, cameras) into the venue and you consent to a physical search of your belongings and person for recording devices. If you attempt to enter with a recording device, you will be denied admission. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Any attempted unauthorized recording will be reported to law enforcement and may subject you to criminal and civil liability. We reserve the right to pursue any and all available remedies at law and in equity for any unauthorized recording and/or copyright infringement, including without limitation statutory damages of up to $150,000 per violation, and nothing contained in this notice shall be construed to limit our available remedies and/or legal recourse. You assume all risks of personal injury arising from or incidental to attending the screening, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event. Further, by attending you grant permission to Disney Destinations, LLC, its licensees, licensors, affiliates and agents, to record and utilize your name, voice and likeness to publicize the screening and promote the movie.
Hope to see you there.