Have a happy holiday and a merry Christmas Eve.
posted on December 24th, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager
posted on December 16th, 2015 by Sarah Domenech, International Public Relations Manager
Navidad is the most important celebration for familias to be together. And what better place than Walt Disney World Resort to enjoy the holiday season with your favorite characters, music and more?
Some of the event entertainment will be available to all guests from December 19 to the 31st include the Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade and the amazing Holiday Wishes – Celebrate the Spirit of the Season.
posted on December 10th, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager
Is it me, or could “Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season” fireworks be the merriest sight of them all here at Walt Disney World Resort?
Featured during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parties at Magic Kingdom Park, this holiday fireworks display is narrated by Jiminy Cricket, features seasonal tunes and you just may catch a fleeting sight of Santa and his reindeer passing by.
Check out 11 photos of this amazing holiday show in the gallery above.
posted on December 6th, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager
UPDATE: This live event has concluded. Please keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future live stream events.
Happy holidays! We’re just moments away from sharing the latest in our “Unforgettable” series of live streams – this time focusing on the holiday parade, castle projection show and fireworks that guests can normally only see during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Here’s what you need to know: the parade will step off at the far end of the park at 8:25 p.m., and as soon as the parade enters our camera view, we’ll go live. After the parade concludes, stick around as our hosts offer a brief behind-the-scenes look at Disney Parks holiday entertainment.
Then at 9:15 p.m., we’ll live stream “Celebrate the Magic,” a show that brings Cinderella Castle to life in a whole new way. And finally at 9:30 p.m., we’ll finish our event by streaming “Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season” fireworks.
While we wait for the parade to begin, please tell us where you’re watching from and who you’re watching with tonight. Who knows, we may just give you a shout out during the stream!
posted on December 4th, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager
With innovative attractions and entertainment set to debut at Walt Disney World Resort in 2016, plus new dining locations and inaugural sporting events on the horizon, the year 2016 is shaping up to be truly Unforgettable for our guests.
If you’re considering planning a Disney vacation in 2016, be sure to check out our 16 reasons why the new year should be the year for your visit!
- Experience The Newest Offerings, Like Jungle Skipper Canteen & More – The new year is the perfect time to explore the latest and greatest guest offerings that will debut in late 2015, including the Jungle Skipper Canteen restaurant at Magic Kingdom Park; Club Disney at Disney’s Hollywood Studios; and the Ganachery candy shop at Disney Springs.
- Wonder at the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights Through January 3 – The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights will end its holiday run at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on January 3, 2016. Enjoy this holiday offering in its finale season while you can.
- Enjoy “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” Fireworks – Disney’s Hollywood Studios will debut its latest Star Wars-inspired experience with the addition of “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks, beginning December 18. (And don’t forget the newly launched Star Wars Launch Bay experiences, pictured above).
- runDisney Events – The 2016 runDisney racing season kicks off January 6-10 with the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. This will be the first of four racing weekends held at the resort in 2016. Visit the official runDisney site for more information.
- Experience Club Villain at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Grown-up guests can party with the Disney Villains in a soiree led by Dr. Facilier at the new Club Villain at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The fun starts January 16.
- Experience The Magic of Nature With “Rivers of Light” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Starting this spring, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will come alive at night with the new Rivers of Light show. This innovative show will feature entertainers, floating lanterns, water screens and swirling animal imagery in a performance that truly brings the animal kingdom to life at night.
- Explore The Kilimanjaro Safaris After Sunset – Kilimanjaro Safaris will expand operating hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, allowing guests to travel through the African savanna amid the orange glow of the setting sun. Look for it this spring at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Dine at Tiffins at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – The park’s newest eatery will open its doors this spring to offer a menu inspired by the places the Imagineers traveled when developing the park.
- Enjoy Springtime Events at Walt Disney World Resort – Dates have already been released for fun springtime events, including the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival (March 2-May 30); and Raglan Road’s St. Patrick’s Day Festival (March 17).
- Experience Frozen Ever After at Epcot – The new “Frozen”-inspired attraction will open its doors in Epcot’s World Showcase this spring. In it, guests will be transported to the Winter in Summer Celebration where Queen Elsa creates a special day for the kingdom. Guests will also travel to Elsa’s Ice Palace, the ice-blue world of the North Mountain, and the Bay of Arendelle.
- Stop By The New Frozen Character Greeting Location at Epcot – Meet the royal sisters Anna and Elsa at Epcot at a new dedicated character greeting location starting in spring.
- Celebrate The Invictus Games at ESPN Wide World of Sports – The Invictus Games will come to the United States for the first time ever in 2016. The games celebrate our wounded servicemen and women from around the world competing in a variety of sports events at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex May 8-12.
- Remember Magic Kingdom Park’s 45th Anniversary – Magic Kingdom Park, the first Disney park to open at Walt Disney World, will mark its 45th anniversary on October 1. Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more information.
- Share An Unforgettable Fall – A new year means the return of our favorite fall events, including The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties.
- Celebrate The Holiday Season – Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parties, and more. Keep watching the Disney Parks Blog for news and dates on our returning special events.
- Try New Dining Offerings at Disney Springs – Disney Springs will continue to grow in 2016, with plans to add new eateries like STK Orlando, plus the opening of Town Center, which will feature Zara, Lilly Pulitzer, UGG, UNIQLO and many others. Watch the Disney Parks Blog for more information and opening dates.
posted on December 3rd, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager
For many guests, a highlight of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, a merry procession of Disney characters, gingerbread men, marching toy soldiers and much more.
In case you haven’t heard, we’ll be live streaming the parade one night only on Sunday, December 6, at 8:25 p.m. EST. In the meantime, check out these 15 photos of the parade that are guaranteed to put you in the holiday mood.
posted on December 1st, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager
Our “Unforgettable” series of live streams will continue this Sunday, December 6, with a live stream of “Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade” and “Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season” fireworks live from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Our live stream of “Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade” will begin at 8:25 p.m. EST. It’s a joyous holiday-themed parade that features favorite Disney characters, dancing gingerbread men, marching toy soldiers, elves – and an appearance by Santa Claus himself!
Then tune back in at 9:30 p.m. EST for “Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season” fireworks, which takes the celebration of the season to the skies high above Cinderella Castle.
To tune in, we’ll launch a fresh blog post on December 6 just before showtime. We hope you can make it!
posted on November 12th, 2015 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager
This merry parade, seen only on party nights, features Disney characters in their holiday finery, marching toy soldiers, dancing gingerbread men – and even a finale by Santa Claus himself.
posted on November 10th, 2015 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager
One of the most popular items from last year was the retail MagicBand. I’m happy to report a new limited edition MagicBand will be released this year starting November 8. This MagicBand will have a retail of $29.95 and an edition size of 4,000.
Other items will include t-shirts for adults and kids, and a decorative holiday ornament.
At the new D-Tech on Demand location in Tomorrowland Light & Power Co., guests will be able to create and personalize a case for select mobile phones. We currently offer cases for iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 6/6+ as well as Samsung Galaxy SIII, Samsung Galaxy 4, Samsung Galaxy 5 and Samsung Galaxy 6.
Finally, we will release several Disney pins created especially for the event. There is a limited release logo pin and a jumbo sized pin featuring Mickey Mouse and Pluto. The latter has an edition size of 750.
The limited edition pins will include artwork of characters like Dumbo and Timothy; Captain Hook and Smee; and, my favorite, the Hitchhiking Ghosts from The Haunted Mansion. Annual Passholders should look for a limited edition pin with Huey, Dewey and Louie (this pin has an edition size of 3,000).
Here are the best places to find these items at Magic Kingdom Park during the party. Please note that all items will be available while supplies last.
- Emporium – Main Street, U.S.A. (apparel, MagicBand, ornament)
- Frontier Trading Post – Frontierland (pins)
- Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe – Liberty Square (apparel)
- Mickey’s Star Traders – Tomorrowland (apparel)
- Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. – (D-Tech on Demand case)
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is held on select nights, November 8 – December 18, and is separate from regular Magic Kingdom Park admission. Tickets are available now on DisneyWorld.com. See my fellow author Shawn Slater’s article for more details about the event this year.
This Week In Disney Parks Photos: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Starts Tomorrow at Walt Disney World Resort
posted on November 7th, 2015 by Victoria Lim, Managing Editor, Walt Disney World Public Relations
Earlier this week, we shared these photos of what you’ll be able to enjoy during your visit – a nod to The Nutcracker on parade with a Walt Disney World twist, St. Nick, and of course, it’s just not a wintery holiday without our friends from Frozen, transforming Cinderella Castle into a dazzling ice palace.
And don’t forget, as Jenn Fickley-Baker shared on Thursday, you’ll get to see the the castle transformation for the first time this season during our live stream.
Enjoy the show!