UPDATE: 2:00 P.M. – We have reached capacity! Thanks for everyone’s interest in the Meet-Up with Julius “Dr. J’’ Erving. Click here for a complete list of attendees. If you are on the list and did not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that we will not be responding to questions via this email address. If you have questions, please ask them on the Disney Parks Blog, and we will do our best to answer them.
Ever wanted to go one-on-one with Julius “Dr. J’’ Erving? The NBA legend doesn’t play hoops much anymore but you can match shots with him during a private golf clinic with Erving and also attend the PGA TOUR’s Children’s Miracle Network Classic golf tournament.
On Friday, November 12, “Dr. J’’ and a Disney Golf pro will join a select group of golfers who will get the opportunity to experience the 40th annual PGA TOUR stop at Walt Disney World as well as talk with “Dr. J’’ who is an avid golfer. Participation is limited to a group of 20 qualified golfers selected by Disney on a first-come, first-served basis, and features a golf clinic at Disney’s Palm Golf Course and Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course, the same ones used by the PGA TOUR players! Because this is a golf-oriented event, we ask that applicants have basic golf skills. Remember, only 20 qualified golfers will be able to participate, so be one of the first to apply.
Named one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history, Erving finished his career with more than 30,000 points. He’s an NBA champion and his skill and innovative play-making forever changed the way the game is played. Also an avid golfer, Erving will be playing in this year’s Classic pro-am.
For an opportunity to be selected, please apply by sending an RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is subject to a very limited capacity of 20 qualified golfers selected by Disney on a first-come, first-served basis, so we recommend that you RSVP quickly.
Here are a few things you should know:
- Qualified applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis in Disney’s sole discretion.
- Valid RSVPs must include your name and confirm you have basic golf skills. RSVPs that include the names of more than one person or are missing information (e.g. incomplete names) will not be accepted.
- Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Because this is a golf-oriented event, we ask that applicants have basic golf skills.
- The event is subject to change or cancellation.
- Admittance to the event is limited to the participant; no additional guests, please.
- We will send an email to applicants who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for November 11. We plan to send this email at approximately 2 p.m. ET today, and we will also post a link on the Disney Parks Blog that will include a list of names of all attendees. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of attendees, your RSVP was not accepted.
- Participants attending the meet-up are not required to purchase admission.
- Clubs will be provided.
If you had the opportunity to meet up with “Dr. J,” what would you ask?