Last week, we showed you this spooky Disney Parks After Dark image of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in honor of Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort. But did you know there is a Tower of Terror attraction at Walt Disney World Resort as well? This classic attraction can be found on both coasts, one in Disney California Adventure park, and the other in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Let’s take a look at what other Disney attractions you can enjoy from both Florida and California!
Take 5: Shared Attractions at Disney Parks
- Highlighting Disneyland Park Horticulture: Jungle Cruise – This classic Disney ride can be found in Magic Kingdom Park as well as in Disneyland park! Wonder which location the alligators prefer?
- ‘Tiki-rific’ Time at 50th Anniversary Event for Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland Resort - This summer we celebrated the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland Resort. Check out these photos in case you missed them! And of course, don’t forget you can see the Tiki Room birds at Magic Kingdom Park as well!
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Celebrating Dumbo the Flying Elephant at Magic Kingdom Park - Dumbo the Flying Elephant has transformed over the years not only at Magic Kingdom Park, but at Disneyland park too!
- Creating the Magic of Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park – Jack Skellington may have taken over the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland park, but the attraction is just as spooky at Walt Disney World Resort!
- Today in Disney History: Splash Mountain Marks 20 Years - Twenty years of splashing at Walt Disney World Resort was something to celebrate! We hope guests at Disneyland park will enjoy splashing to songs of the south for just as long!
With the magic of Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings helping to make wedding day dreams come true, love always seems to be in the air at Disney Parks. From magical proposals at Walt Disney World Resort to a ‘sole’-ful vow renewal right in front of Cinderella Castle, here are just a few of the most memorable Disney Wedding moments at both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. So tell us – what would your dream Disney Wedding entail?
Take 5: Disney Wedding Memorable Moments
- ‘Drawn’ to Each Other – A Magical Proposal at Downtown Disney Marketplace – Walt Disney World Resort guest Ben Landaal orchestrated everything to perfection when he surprised his girlfriend of a year and a half, Paige Lawton.
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Renew Vows with Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings at Disneyland Park
– What better place to feel like a princess than right in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland park? See how Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon celebrated their big day.
- ‘Sole’ Mates Renew Vows at Walt Disney World Marathon – Mile 10.5 of the Walt Disney World Marathon means just a little bit more to Wendie and Sean Cheyney than to the average Magic Kingdom Park guest. Why? Take a look.
- Internet Marriage Proposal Couple Celebrates Their Engagement at Disneyland Park – This couple got engaged via a Youtube video taken at Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort!
- A Proposal Caught on Tape at Walt Disney World – Disney’s Polynesian Resort made for the perfect backdrop for this surprise proposal at Walt Disney World Resort.
We showed you the line-up for this year’s Night of Joy concert a few weeks ago, and everyone got excited about who was performing. Last weekend, the Night of Joy concert took place at Walt Disney World Resort and it was a smashing success! Concerts that take place at Disney Parks are always a great time for family and friends to enjoy live music and rock out on their trip. To gear up for the Fall concert schedule, let’s take a look back at which shows we loved seeing this summer! Did you have a favorite performance?
Take 5: Our Favorite Concerts at Walt Disney World Resort
- 2U ~ A Tribute to U2 Takes The Sounds Like Summer Stage Tonight at Epcot – This U2 tribute band closed out the Sounds Like Summer concert series this year at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disney Cast Members Stage Benefit Concert Set For July 19-20, 25-28 – This benefit concert was put on by 500 Walt Disney cast members to support fundraising efforts for A Gift For Music, a Central Florida nonprofit organization.
- Hear SouthBound and Company ~ A Tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd Tonight at Epcot – This Lynard Skynyrd tribute band provided some great hard-rock entertainment to all Epcot visitors this past July.
- Hotel California Heads to Epcot for Sounds Like Summer Concert Series - This Eagles cover band was a crowd pleaser at Epcot in early June this year. The open-air America Gardens Theatre was ready to rock!
- Flower Power Concert Series Continues with The Guess Who at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Walt Disney World Resort – This Flower Power concert series kicked off spring time at Walt Disney World Resort by featuring eight weekends of outdoor concerts.
Earlier this week, we showed you the new Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card, available exclusively at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party starting this weekend. In the interactive game of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, players must fight against Disney Villains in order to save Magic Kingdom Park. However, this game isn’t the only place Disney Villains are found at Disney Parks. Let’s take a look at where else you can encounter these evil Disney characters; from special events, to merchandise, and more!
Take 5: Evil Disney Villains
- Ten Disney Villains You Can See at Walt Disney World Resort – You have the chance to come face-to-face with these 10 Villains at Walt Disney World Resort!
- Pick Your Side: Good vs. Evil at WonderGround Gallery in Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort – Last year, the WonderGround Gallery at Disneyland Resort featured their “Good vs Evil” exhibit, and left it up to the viewers to choose a side.
- ‘Limited Time Magic’ Gets Wickedly Beautiful with Beautifully Disney – This Beautifully Disney collection allows you to explore a more evil side of yourself with colors inspired by the most wicked Disney witches.
- Disney Villains Invade ‘Celebrate the Magic’ at Magic Kingdom Park – This version of “Celebrate the Magic” is now playing on Cinderella’s Castle through November 1, 2013. You don’t want to miss it!
- Halloween Time Returns to the Disneyland Resort September 13 – October 31; Mickey’s Halloween Party Expanding to 13 Nights – At Mickey’s Halloween Party, you can see all of your favorite Disney Villains just in time for the spooky holiday season.
Last week, we traveled back in time to the construction of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. As you can see, a lot has happened at Walt Disney World Resort over the years to make it what it is today. Let’s take a look at some more Vintage Walt Disney World memories. You might even remember some from growing up with Disney!
Take 5: Vintage Walt Disney World
- Vintage Walt Disney World: America Goes on Parade – Back in 1975, America on Parade took place at Magic Kingdom Park. This parade featured larger-than-life sized characters representing American achievements that took place in our first 200 years as a nation.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: An ‘A’ Attraction or an ‘E’? – Take a look at how attractions at Magic Kingdom Park used to be categorized and how different tickets were used for each one.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Growing Character at Epcot – See how the infamous topiaries at Walt Disney World Resort have changed over the years!
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Building an Animal Kingdom – See how far Disney’s Animal Kingdom has come since opening its doors in 1989.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Opens Its Doors – See the construction process of Disney’s Coronado Spring Resort and how the iconic Dig Site was created!
This year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is just a month away! A few weeks back, we took a sneak peek at some of the merchandise you’ll see at the festival; which kicks off September 27, 2013 at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort. Designs paid homage to Disney•Pixar’s “Ratatouille,” as well as to classic Disney characters Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, and Goofy. Let’s look back and highlight any other news about this year’s 46-day festival that you might have missed.
Take 5: 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival at Walt Disney World Resort
- What’s Your Favorite Dish? Trying All 29 Marketplaces in One Day at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – At last year’s festival, Disney Parks Blog author Gary Buchanan tried food from every marketplace! Check out which one he liked best.
- Plenty of New Tastes at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces – This year’s festival cook book includes a shrimp dish from the Australian Marketplace. Try it out tonight!
- Ready, Set, Dial! Reservations for Epcot International Food & WIne Festival Premium Events Begin August 13 – It’s not too late to make your reservations for this year’s Epcot International Food and Wine Festival! Call today for details on the 46-day event.
- Scotland, the Newest Marketplace for 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Loch Lomond signature cocktails and will be served this year to recreate Scotland at Epcot.
- The Go-Go’s, Edwin McCain, & Others Join the 2013 ‘Eat to the Beat’ Musical Line-Up at Walt Disney World Resort – A festival isn’t complete without live music! Check out the line-up of artists playing throughout the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival this fall.
Last week, Lisa Whelchel, a former Disney Mouseketeer from the 70s, celebrated her 50th birthday at Walt Disney World Resort. Whelchel cherishes her childhood memories as a member of the Mickey Mouse Club and loves to bring her family to Disney Parks for special occasions. Of course, she isn’t the first Mouseketeer to come back to Disney and visit. Let’s take a look and see how other retired Mickey Mouse Club members have kept Disney in their lives.
- Remembering Annette Funicello at Disneyland Park – Annette Funicello, who was discovered at the age of 13 by Walt Disney himself, made many appearances throughout her lifetime after starring in Disney’s original Mickey Mouse Club.
- A Mouseketeer Homecoming Lets ‘New Mickey Mouse Club’ Member Share New Memories with Her Family at Walt Disney World Resort – Julie Pierkarski, another Mousketeer from the 70′s revival, vacationed with her family last year at Walt Disney World Resort and took the time to reminisce with Disney Parks Blog author Gary Buchanan.
- Christina Aguilera Making Memories at the Disneyland Resort – Christina Aguilera has called the Disney Parks home since she was a member of the 90′s Mickey Mouse Club cast. See here how many visits she’s made in the past decade.
- Sights & Sounds of Disney Parks: A Mouseketeer’s Visit – Sherry Van Meter was a member of the original Mickey Mouse Club and visited Walt Disney World Resort with her granddaughter back in 2011. See what she thought of her first visit to the Magic Kingdom!
- Interview with the Mouseketeers at Disneyland Resort – Eight of the original Mouseketeers are featured in this interview from the 55th Anniversary of the Mickey Mouse Club at Disneyland Resort.
Right now we’re in the midst of the D23 Expo 2013 in Anaheim, CA, where fans are decking out their D23 merchandise collections. Earlier this week, we showed you a variety of D23 Expo 2013 merchandise, such as D Tech on Demand iPhone 4S/5 cases, but we also wanted to give you a peek at other Disney Parks merchandise that will hit the shelves (or the Disney Parks online store) soon!
Take 5: Upcoming Disney Parks Merchandise
- Disney ‘Planes’ Merchandise Lands in Disney Parks Merchandise Locations- With “Planes” debuting in theaters last night, now’s the perfect time to snag your favorite gear.
- First Look at Merchandise for 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Cook in style with these “Ratatouille”-inspired Disney Parks pieces.
- New Holiday Merchandise for 2013 on the Horizon at Disney Parks- Make your holiday gift list early this year and be sure to include some of these Disney Parks items.
- Guess What’s Fun in Four-Dimensions Coming to the D23 Expo Dream Store and Disney Parks in August 2013 – The toy team at Disney Theme Park Merchandise recently shared two new items that parents (and those who refuse to grow up) will love!
- Great Characters, Great Adventures – Disney Infinity Comes to Disney Parks - Keep your eyes peeled this month for the launch of the all-new Disney Infinity gaming experience.
Earlier this week, Mickey snagged a kiss from Academy Award-winning actress, Halle Berry before his performance of “Mickey and the Magical Map”! Mickey began his starring role in this production just this past May, but his success thus far is the result of months, and even years, of hard work at the Fantasyland Theatre. Let’s take a look back at the preparation that got “Mickey and the Magical Map” to where it is today.
Take 5: ‘Mickey and The Magical Map’ at Disneyland Park
- By the Numbers: ‘Mickey and the Magical Map’ at Disneyland Park – From 35,000 square inches of LED screen to 71,000 pounds of scenery, a lot goes into bringing the show to life.
- Fantasyland Theatre Through the Years at Disneyland Park – Take a walk down memory lane with this video highlighting the best shows at Fantasyland Theatre.
- First Look: Setting the Stage for ‘Mickey and the Magical Map’ at Disneyland Park – This is a behind-the-scenes look at the first round of staging in the new refurbished Fantasyland Theatre.
- Creating Costumes for ‘Mickey and the Magical Map’ at Disneyland Park – Go behind the scenes in the creation of costumes for the show.
- Disneyland Park Guests Share Their Favorite ‘Mickey and the Magical Map’ Moments – During the first week of the show, audience members share what they liked best about the performance.
Last week, the Disney Parks Blog gave readers a chance to name the first Masai giraffe calf, a male, born at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Baby animals born at Disney Parks are welcomed into their respective families often within weeks of their arrival. Read the posts below to check out some of the baby animals that have been born at the Walt Disney World Resort. What name did you choose for the Masai giraffe? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.
Take 5: Baby Animals Born at Disney Parks
- Wildlife Wednesdays: Vote To Name the First Masai Giraffe Born at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Cast your vote and help name the first Masai giraffe calf born at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Wildlife Wednesdays: Saddle-Billed Stork Has First Chick; White-Cheeked Gibbon Expands Family with New Addition at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – March was an exciting month at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, with a first chick for a pair of Saddle-Billed storks, and a new addition to our White-Cheeked Gibbon family.
- Baby Elephant Receives Warm Welcome at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Two years ago, a new elephant named Jabali was born and joined the herd as the sixth elephant born to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Wildlife Wednesdays: Real-Life Pumbaas (Baby Warthogs) Born at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – In February of last year, we welcomed five baby warthogs to Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
- Wildlife Wednesdays: Is It a Zebra? Is It a Giraffe? No, It’s an Okapi – New Baby Welcomed to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Family – Meet Nafuna, the rare and fascinating okapi at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.