Over the past few weeks, Disney Parks was, and continues to, prepare readers for “Oz The Great and Powerful”, which opened in theaters yesterday, March 8. Read the posts below to learn how we’ve prepared for this fantastical adventure, from a Disney Parks Blog Meet-Up, to the Land of Oz Garden at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, to a visit from the “Journey to Oz Balloon Tour” at Disneyland Resort, and more.
Take 5: ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ at Disney Parks
- Celebrating Springtime at Epcot in the Land of Oz – Check out some vibrant photos from the Land of Oz Garden at Epcot, and come celebrate springtime at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Get a Sneak Peek at ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ at Disney California Adventure Park During ‘Limited Time Magic’ – Learn how you can get a special sneak peek of Disney’s new fantastical adventure at Disney California Adventure park through March 31!
- Disney Parks Celebrate ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ with New Merchandise – Steven Miller shares the new “Oz The Great and Powerful” merchandise at Disney Parks, including apparel and Vinylmation.
- The Land of Oz Garden Magically Appears at Epcot – The Land of Oz Garden, based on the new Disney film “Oz The Great and Powerful,” magically appeared at Epcot for the 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.
- Off to See the Wizard: ‘Journey to Oz Balloon Tour’ Visits the Disneyland Resort – “Journey to Oz Balloon Tour” floated into the Disneyland Resort on February 17 to celebrate “Oz The Great and Powerful.”
The flowers are in bloom at Walt Disney World Resort for the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Beginning this Wednesday, March 6, and lasting through May 19, guests at Epcot can help celebrate our 20th year with new tastes and drinks at the Garden Marketplace, The Land of Oz play area based on the upcoming “Oz The Great and Powerful,” HGTV-related activities with some of your favorite personalities, and more! Read the blog posts below to find out what’s budding in 2013. What are you most looking forward to at this year’s festival? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.
Take 5: Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
- From Garden to Table at 20th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Walt Disney World Resort – Pam shares some of the all-new food and drink offerings for the upcoming festival.
- The Land of Oz Garden Magically Appears at Epcot – Although the festival officially opens Wednesday, the Land of Oz Garden has appeared a little early at Epcot.
- ‘TRYit’ Tastes for Kids at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – Check out the fun dishes the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival chefs have chosen to encourage kids to try something new as part of Disney’s TRYit campaign.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Brings Perennial Favorites, New Faces From HGTV – The stars of your favorite HGTV and DIY Network shows will once again be on hand to meet festivalgoers and give expert tips and tricks.
- 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Will Whisk Children to the Land of Oz – Guests visiting the 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival can visit the Land of Oz in the form of an interactive play area.
The secret is out – Disney Cruise Line is returning to Europe! With so many Disney Cruise Line itinerary choices around the world, there’s a lot to consider when choosing which voyage is best for you and your family. Read the posts below to find out which sites and cities our cruises are sailing to in Europe during the 2014 season. Which of these destinations do you have your heart set on?
Take 5: Disney Cruise Line Sails to Europe
- Exploring Europe with Disney Cruise Line in 2014 – Select the Disney Cruise Line European itinerary that’s best for you with these destinations in 2014.
- More Magic in the Mediterranean with Adventures by Disney in 2014 – You can also enjoy an Adventures by Disney trip – at the same time as your trip to the Mediterranean with Disney Cruise Line.
- Sailing the Mediterranean with Disney Cruise Line in 2014 – Disney Cruise Line set to sail to the Mediterranean in 2014. Come sail through the Greek Isles on Disney’s new 9-night cruise!
- Disney Cruise Line Unveils New 2014 Itineraries and Ports – Disney Cruise Line announces their new 2014 itineraries and ports, including Mediterranean destinations and more.
- Disney Cruise Line’s Return to Europe this Summer – Here are some of the sites you may see during the Disney Magic’s upcoming three-month Mediterranean season.
Everyone has a favorite Disney character, from Mickey Mouse to our Disney princesses, and everything in between. In Nate’s “Vintage Walt Disney World” series, which showcases photos from throughout the history of our resort, Disney characters often take center stage. Check out some of our favorite character-themed posts from Nate’s column below, and please share your favorite Disney character with us in the “Comments” below.
Take 5: Moments of ‘Character’ at Walt Disney World Resort
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Robin Hood and Friends Visit Magic Kingdom Park – Little John, Prince John, Robin Hood and Friar Tuck walk near Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom Park back in 1979.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: A 1984 Ski Trip with the Country Bears – Liver Lips, Wendell and Terrance from the Country Bear Jamboree and Melvin the Moose attempt to ski down Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: A Huey, Dewey & Louie Milestone – Baseball is always in full swing with Huey, Dewey and Louie over at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Mickey’s Valentine Through the Years – Here’s a look at Mickey and Minnie enjoying Valentine’s Day back in 1995 at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Trick-Or-Treating on Main Street, U.S.A., at Magic Kingdom Park – Back in October 1977, Snow White, with dwarfs Sneezy, Bashful and Dopey, looked ready to trick-or-treat on Main Street, U.S.A., at Magic Kingdom Park.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, love is in the air at Disney Parks. A variety of offerings and memorable experiences available at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort will weave a tapestry of romance throughout the parks, from Valentine’s Day merchandise and special entertainment to romantic dinners for two. Read the posts below to find out how you can celebrate the love of friends and family this year at Disney Parks.
Take 5: Celebrating Valentine’s Day with Disney Parks
- Disney Style Snapshots: A Love-ly Disney Outfit – Mickey and Minnie’s affection for one another inspired this “I love you to the moon and back” outfit perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- Memory of a Lifetime for Your Little Valentine at Walt Disney World Resort – Available until February 15 at the Walt Disney World Resort, Mickey and Minnie’s Valentine Surprises are back again this year! Give your little one a one-of-a-kind gift experience with this exclusive offering.
- Meet Jewelry Designer Petra Azar on February 9 & 10 at Tren-D in Downtown Disney Marketplace – Still in search of the perfect Valentine’s Day gift? These unique necklaces designed by Petra Azar are sure to make your special someone happy.
- Moms Panel Monday: Romance, Hearts and Mouse Ears! – Looking for Valentine’s Day tips? Disney Parks Moms Panelist Doug Ingersoll shares his Valentine’s Day advice.
- Disney Floral & Gifts 2013 Valentine’s Collection Revealed – Find out how Disney Floral & Gifts can help make your Valentine’s Day magical.
Things are about to get a little more explosive at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The runaway mine train ride exists at Disney Parks around the world, specifically at Disneyland park, Magic Kingdom Park, Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris. At Walt Disney World Resort, the attraction is set to receive an interactive queue in 2013, while at the Disneyland Resort, the attraction is undergoing major refurbishment and will reopen in fall 2013. Read the posts below to find out what updates are being made to “the wildest ride in the wilderness.”
Take 5: Take 5: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Rainbow Ridge Mining Town to be Refurbished During Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Update at Disneyland Park – “The wildest ride in the wilderness,” Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland park reopens fall 2013.
- Guests Can Soon Interact with Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in New Immersive Queue – Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is next in line to get a new interactive queue.
- Disney Parks After Dark: Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland Paris – Did you know that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris sits on an island in the middle of the Rivers of the Far West in the park’s Frontierland?
- Walt Disney Imagineers Unveil the Backstory of Barnabas T. Bullion, Founder and President of Big Thunder Mining Company – Get the details on Barnabas T. Bullion who will play a role in the enhanced storyline of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Magic Kingdom Park.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to Close January 7 for Refurbishment at Disneyland Park – Erin shares updates being made to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland park, reopening in fall 2013.
Walk through the gate at Disney California Adventure park and experience Los Angeles as it was back in the 1920s and 30s. Step onto the Red Car Trolley and begin your journey past Carthay Circle Theatre, through Hollywood Land and to The Twilight Zone of Terror. Buena Vista Street is brimming with shopping, dining and entertainment, from the Citizens of Buena Vista Street to the Five & Dime sextet of musicians. Read more about Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure park in the posts below.
Take 5: Take 5: Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park
- Meet Officer Calvin Blue at Disney California Adventure Park at Disneyland Resort – The first in our Citizens of Buena Vista Street series introduces readers to Officer Calvin Blue.
- Mickey Mouse, the Red Car News Boys and ‘A Suitcase and a Dream’ at Disney California Adventure Park – The Red Car News Boys take over the Red Car Trolley for a musical show, joined in Carthay Circle by the original dreamer himself, Mickey Mouse.
- Spend Some Time with Five & Dime at Disney California Adventure Park – Have you heard about Five & Dime, that innovative sextet of maverick musicologists performing every day down on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure park?
- The Red Car Trolleys of Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park – Hop onto one of two Red Car Trolleys that traverse back and forth from Buena Vista Street, past Carthay Circle Theatre, through Hollywood Land and to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
- Blue Sky Cellar: Imagineering Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park – Hear from the Imagineers themselves about the inspiration and history behind Buena Vista Street, the immersive, main entrance at Disney California Adventure park.
Every Thursday evening, the Disney Parks Blog gives readers an exclusive look at Disney Parks, after dark. Our “Disney Parks After Dark” series features a collection of images taken once the sun goes down at parks around the world. It reminds us that the Disney magic doesn’t stop after the parks close; rather, it lights up in wonderful and breathtaking ways. Check out the posts below to see your favorite Disney Parks from a whole new perspective, and be sure to check out our “Disney Parks After Dark” gallery as well.
Take 5: Disney Parks After Dark
- Disney Parks After Dark: Disney Dreams at Disneyland Paris – This post is sure to put a visit to Disneyland Paris on your bucket list!
- Disney Parks After Dark: Hollywood After Dark – Relish the nostalgia of art deco with these images captured at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Disney Parks After Dark: ‘it’s a small world’ Holiday at Disneyland Resort – Photographer Paul Hiffmeyer explores “it’s a small world” Holiday at Disneyland Resort after the sun goes down.
- Disney Parks After Dark: Main Street Electrical Parade in Fast-Forward at Magic Kingdom Park – The Main Street Electrical Parade brightens up the night at Magic Kingdom Park.
- Disney Parks After Dark: Night Into Day at Disneyland Resort – A little photographic magic turns night into day at Disneyland Resort.
The first part of 2013 is an exciting time for runDisney fans, with two months of races at Disney Parks. This year is also special as it’s the 20th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Marathon presented by Cigna. To gear up for the Walt Disney World Marathon tomorrow, we wanted to take a look at some of the other exciting races and events happening at Disney Parks in 2013. Have you participated in a runDisney marathon yet?
Take 5: runDisney Races at Disney Parks
- Commemorative Merchandise for runDisney Events in Early 2013 – Take a peek at the commemorative merchandise for the upcoming Tinker Bell Half Marathon at the Disneyland Resort and Disney’s Princess Half Marathon at Walt Disney World Resort!
- Stories of Triumph Abound During Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend – With over 65,000 participants, Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna is sure to be the setting of many memorable stories.
- New 10K Race Added To Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend – The Happiest Race on Earth got happier in December when runDisney announced the addition of the Disneyland 10K at Disneyland Resort as a part of the 2013 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Happy Anniversary, Walt Disney World Marathon! – See how the Walt Disney World Marathon has grown throughout the years in this week’s Vintage Walt Disney World post!
- ‘Diet Diva’ Tara Gidus and runDisney to Host Tinker Bell Half Marathon Meet-Up at Disneyland Resort – “Diet Diva” Tara Gidus teams up with runDisney to help host a meet-up for the upcoming Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend.
Happy New Year! Now that 2012 is behind us and 2013 is upon us, the Disney Parks Blog is looking ahead at what’s to come. We have a lot to look forward to around the world in the new year, including the upcoming 30th anniversary of Tokyo Disney Resort, the “Believe in Magic” merchandise collection, special “Limited Time Magic” offerings, and more. Read the posts below so that you don’t miss a beat at Disney Parks in 2013.
Take 5: A Look Ahead to 2013 at Disney Parks
- Events to Kick Off the New Year at Disney Parks – Kick off the new year with January events at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
- New Stories Coming to Disney Junior – Live on Stage! in 2013 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney California Adventure Park – New hits “Doc McStuffins” and “Sofia the First” will soon join “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” in Disney Junior – Live on Stage! at Disney Parks.
- Mickey & Duffy’s Spring Voyage To Debut at Tokyo DisneySea in 2013 – “Mickey & Duffy’s Spring Voyage” will help spread the celebration of the upcoming 30th anniversary of Tokyo Disney Resort throughout Tokyo DisneySea.
- Believe in Magic with the 2013 Disney Parks Merchandise Collection – See what “Believe in Magic” artwork is coming to merchandise at Disney Parks in 2013
- 13 Reasons to Visit Walt Disney World Resort in 2013 – Here are 13 new reasons to visit Walt Disney World Resort in 2013. Which event or new offering are you looking forward to most? Tell us by commenting below.