Last week, Jonathan Frontado shared some exciting news about Disney Cruise Line’s first ship, the Disney Magic. The oldest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet is getting a magical makeover, including a new AquaDunk thrill slide, beautifully re-imagined spaces, a vibrant new dining room and more! Explore the magical space, entertainment, and activities that the Disney Magic has to offer in the posts below. What about the Disney Magic excites you most?
Take 5: Magic on the Disney Magic
- More Magic Coming to the Disney Magic and Disney Cruise Line – From brand new experiences to re-imagined spaces, there’s an extra dose of magic coming aboard the Disney Magic!
- Disney Cruise Line Voyage Report: Adventures on the Disney Magic – No matter your interests or your age, there’s something you’ll enjoy at all times on the Disney Magic. Holly Lail shares some of the exciting adventures she had aboard the ship.
- Disney Cruise Line’s Return to Europe this Summer – Take a look at some of the sites you may see during the Disney Magic’s upcoming three-month Mediterranean session.
- Southern Caribbean Voyages with Disney Cruise Line – Here are some of the amazing sights our guests will enjoy next year when the Disney Magic departs from San Juan, Puerto Rico for the first time ever!
- A Magical Halloween Onboard the Disney Magic – There’s never a dull moment onboard the Disney Magic. Check out the magical Halloween festivities from this year.
Here at Disney Parks, we love the aroma of freshly baked treats. Whether we are being lured to Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie at the France Pavilion at Epcot by the scent of éclairs or to Boudin Bakery at Disney California Adventure park by the smell of fresh sourdough bread, baked goods can be found throughout the parks. Read the posts below to learn where you can find the best bakeries and treats at Disney Parks.
Take 5: Bakeries at Disney Parks
- Expanded BoardWalk Bakery Reopens at Walt Disney World Resort Friday with New Treats – BoardWalk Bakery reopened yesterday with some all-new taste sensations!
- New Bakery Opens at France Pavilion at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort – Start your day with a latte and chocolate croissant at Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie at the France Pavilion at Epcot, opening each morning at 9 a.m.
- Behind the Scenes at Boudin Bakery in Disney California Adventure Park – Get an inside look at how bakers take the ingredients at Boudin Bakery at Disney California Adventure park from dough to delicious.
- All About the Details at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café at Disneyland Park – The Jolly Holiday Bakery Café at Disneyland park is great at any time, boasting everything from sandwiches and sweets to enchanting details.
- La Brea Bakery Café and Express Café Now Open in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort – La Brea Bakery Café and Express Café in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort reopened in June, offering both building enhancements and many new menu items.
Get ready to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom on Earth Day, this Monday, April 22. The event will include a special opening ceremony at the Tree of Life, Earth Day “Party for the Planet” festivities, special food and beverage, merchandise, and more. Read the posts below to learn more about the unique Disney’s Animal Kingdom and to find out what’s planned for the park’s anniversary. Are you planning to attend the 15th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom?
Take 5: Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 22 – The 15th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom is this Earth Day, April 22, and we’ve got quite a celebration planned.
- Wildlife Wednesdays: Party for the Planet to Celebrate 15th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Earth Day on April 22 – On Monday, celebrate Earth Day and the 15th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom with a Party for the Planet!
- Time-Lapse Video: Watch the Tree of Life Grow at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Watch a time-lapse of the Tree of Life “growing” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Building an Animal Kingdom – Get an aerial view of Disney’s Animal Kingdom when the one-of-a-kind theme park first opened in 1998.
- Wildlife Wednesdays: Earth Day, Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Have a Lot in Common – April 22 marks the anniversary of the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Earth Day. Read this “Wildlife Wednesday” post to learn what they have in common.
To join the conversation about the park’s anniversary online, use the hashtag #DAK15 on Twitter.
It’s finally here! Tokyo Disney Resort will mark its 30th anniversary this Monday, April 15. The Disney Parks Blog has been giving sneak peeks into how the resort will celebrate this milestone, including pictures of costumes Disney characters will be wearing and a preview of the special “The Happiness Year” celebrations. Read the blog posts below to learn more about Tokyo Disney Resort and the merriment surrounding this milestone year.
Take 5: Tokyo Disney Resort
- Take a Sneak Peek at Tokyo Disney Resort’s 30th Anniversary Fun – Tokyo Disney Resort shares a photo of the costumes Disney characters will be wearing for Tokyo Disneyland’s 30th anniversary celebration.
- Tokyo Disney Resort to Mark 30 Years with ‘The Happiness Year’ Celebration – In honor of the 30th anniversary milestone, Tokyo Disney Resort will hold a special celebration called “The Happiness Year” from April 15, 2013, through March 20, 2014.
- Tokyo Disney Resort Announces 30th Anniversary Plans for 2013 – Tokyo Disney Resort unveils plans on how it will celebrate its 30th anniversary, including a new parade, a renewed attraction, special seasonal events and more.
- Mickey & Duffy’s Spring Voyage To Debut at Tokyo DisneySea in 2013 – “Mickey & Duffy’s Spring Voyage” will help spread the celebration of Tokyo Disney Resort’s 30th anniversary throughout Tokyo DisneySea.
- Snow Transforms Tokyo Disney Resort Into a Winter Wonderland – Take a look at photos of Tokyo Disney Resort blanketed in snow.
Spring is in the air, which means it’s time to gear up for warmer weather. From a Dole Whip Float at Tiki Juice Bar at Disneyland park to a Rose Petal Soda at Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge at Disney California Adventure park, you can help usher in the warm weather ahead with refreshing drinks at Disney Parks. Read the posts below to find out where you can quench your thirst. What is your favorite Disney refreshment?
Take 5: Refreshments at Disney Parks
- Top 10 Favorite Cool Drinks at the Disneyland Resort – As we welcome the warmer weather of spring, here are our top 10 favorite cool drinks at the Disneyland Resort.
- Have You Tried the Doofenslurper at Epcot? – The Doofenslurper, a sweet, slushy drink in a cool keepsake beaker is perfect for sipping and strolling World Showcase promenade at Epcot.
- Drink Recipes to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day Like Disney Cruise Line – Disney Cruise Line shares some special St. Patrick’s Day-inspired Irish cocktail recipes!
- Beyond Sodas: Snazzy New Sips in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park – Walt Disney Imagineering and the Disney beverage experts teamed up at Cars Land to offer six fun, new non-alcoholic sips themed to the hit film, “Cars.”
- Cool New Cocktails at Napa Rose at Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa – Napa Rose at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa features 20 refreshing cocktails.
Easter celebrations are in full swing at both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. Each year, the Easter Bunny and Mickey Mouse team up to make sure everything you could possibly need is at Disney Parks for Easter, from rabbit merchandise to Disney Floral & Gifts surprises and more. Read the posts below to find out how you can have a hopping Easter at Disney Parks. How does your family celebrate the Easter holiday? Tell us in the “Comments” below.
Take 5: Celebrating Easter at Disney Parks
- Celebrating Easter Traditions at Disney Parks – How do you celebrate Easter? See what activities will be taking place at Disney Parks!
- Easter Celebrations are Hopping at the Disneyland Resort – “Limited Time Magic” at the Disneyland Resort features the Bunny Hop on Main Street, U.S.A., and the Wilderness Explorer Egg Hunt.
- Tips for a Memorable Easter at the Walt Disney World Resort – Disney Floral & Gifts shares tips for making your Easter at Walt Disney World Resort especially memorable.
- Easter Celebration at Disney Parks Includes ‘Limited Time Magic’ Surprises – See what Easter surprises “Limited Time Magic” has brought to Disney Parks all week!
- “Twitterpated” About Rabbit Merchandise at Disney Parks – Steven Miller shares new rabbit-themed merchandise at Disney Parks.
The magic of Disney exists in every corner of the Earth, and often one day isn’t enough to experience all the happiness. Now that spring and summer are upon us, it’s the perfect time to plan a dream getaway with Disney – be it a trip to one of our theme parks, a family-friendly cruise with Disney Cruise Line, or an exotic guided tour with Adventures by Disney. Read the posts below to find out how you can enjoy a magical vacation with Disney Parks. What does your ideal Disney vacation include?
Take 5: Vacation Planning With Disney Parks
- Enjoy Spring at the Disneyland Resort With New Hotel Offer – Just in time for spring, save up to 20% if you book by April 27 with this Disneyland Resort hotel offer.
- Warming Up for a Spring Vacation at Aulani? Now Offering Four Nights for the Price of Three, April 7 through May 23 and May 27 Through June 8 – Warming up for a spring vacation at Aulani? This offer will help you spend extra time in the Hawaiian sunshine.
- Exploring Costa Rica with Adventures by Disney: Part 3 – Disney Parks Blog author Jason Lasecki shares some of the top experiences from his week-long vacation with Adventures by Disney to Costa Rica.
- Disney Cruise Line Prepares for 2013 Summer in Alaska – Beginning in May, the Disney Wonder will return to Alaska for another summer season exploring the grandeur of America’s 49th state.
- Moms Panel Monday: There’s Always Something New to See at Disney Parks – Disney Parks Moms Panelist Bernie Edwards shares his ideas for a different twist you can put on your Disney Parks stay.
This year at Disney Parks, we have a lot going on to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. While the holiday is officially tomorrow, celebrations at Downtown Disney District and Raglan Road at Downtown Disney are going on all weekend! Read the posts below for some exciting Irish-themed treats and goodies, and to find out what we’ve got in store for this year’s celebrations. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Take 5: Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Disney Parks
- Raglan Road: Party Central for the Family-Friendly St. Patrick’s Day Celebration Across Pleasure Island – Join us for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney, a true Irish pub with Dublin roots.
- Downtown Disney District ‘Wears the Green’ This St. Patrick’s Day Weekend at the Disneyland Resort – Today and tomorrow, from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Downtown Disney District is inviting visitors to join in the spirit with a special St. Patrick’s Day celebration at the Disneyland Resort.
- Some Lucky New Items at Disney Parks for St. Patrick’s Day – Here are a few lucky items at Disney Parks that will add some green to your world.
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Mickey Celebrates St. Patty’s Day – Nate Rasmussen shares a look at Mickey Mouse all decked out for the St. Patrick’s Day holiday back in 1978 in his “Vintage Walt Disney World” series.
- Drink Recipes to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day Like Disney Cruise Line – Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with these special Irish cocktail recipes from Disney Cruise Line!
Over the past few weeks, Disney Parks was, and continues to, prepare readers for “Oz The Great and Powerful”, which opened in theaters yesterday, March 8. Read the posts below to learn how we’ve prepared for this fantastical adventure, from a Disney Parks Blog Meet-Up, to the Land of Oz Garden at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, to a visit from the “Journey to Oz Balloon Tour” at Disneyland Resort, and more.
Take 5: ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ at Disney Parks
- Celebrating Springtime at Epcot in the Land of Oz – Check out some vibrant photos from the Land of Oz Garden at Epcot, and come celebrate springtime at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Get a Sneak Peek at ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ at Disney California Adventure Park During ‘Limited Time Magic’ – Learn how you can get a special sneak peek of Disney’s new fantastical adventure at Disney California Adventure park through March 31!
- Disney Parks Celebrate ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ with New Merchandise – Steven Miller shares the new “Oz The Great and Powerful” merchandise at Disney Parks, including apparel and Vinylmation.
- The Land of Oz Garden Magically Appears at Epcot – The Land of Oz Garden, based on the new Disney film “Oz The Great and Powerful,” magically appeared at Epcot for the 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.
- Off to See the Wizard: ‘Journey to Oz Balloon Tour’ Visits the Disneyland Resort – “Journey to Oz Balloon Tour” floated into the Disneyland Resort on February 17 to celebrate “Oz The Great and Powerful.”
The flowers are in bloom at Walt Disney World Resort for the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Beginning this Wednesday, March 6, and lasting through May 19, guests at Epcot can help celebrate our 20th year with new tastes and drinks at the Garden Marketplace, The Land of Oz play area based on the upcoming “Oz The Great and Powerful,” HGTV-related activities with some of your favorite personalities, and more! Read the blog posts below to find out what’s budding in 2013. What are you most looking forward to at this year’s festival? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.
Take 5: Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
- From Garden to Table at 20th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Walt Disney World Resort – Pam shares some of the all-new food and drink offerings for the upcoming festival.
- The Land of Oz Garden Magically Appears at Epcot – Although the festival officially opens Wednesday, the Land of Oz Garden has appeared a little early at Epcot.
- ‘TRYit’ Tastes for Kids at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – Check out the fun dishes the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival chefs have chosen to encourage kids to try something new as part of Disney’s TRYit campaign.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Brings Perennial Favorites, New Faces From HGTV – The stars of your favorite HGTV and DIY Network shows will once again be on hand to meet festivalgoers and give expert tips and tricks.
- 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Will Whisk Children to the Land of Oz – Guests visiting the 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival can visit the Land of Oz in the form of an interactive play area.