I can’t believe it! We’ve been talking about Disney gift ideas for the holidays here on the blog, and I’ve been seeing holiday decorations popping up all over the Parks. The holiday season is definitely upon us, and I guess I’d better get in the spirit. It all starts Friday, November 13 at the Disneyland Resort!
There’s something for everyone, but here are my top 10 holiday experiences in the Parks.
10. Watching the reindeer play in their corral and visiting Santa Claus at “Santa’s Reindeer Round-up” in Big Thunder Ranch.
9. Walking through the Parks and looking at all of the decorations, including the 300,000 lights on “it’s a small world” holiday, the icicles on Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle, the giant Christmas tree on Main Street, U.S.A. and the oversized ornaments in “a bug’s land.”
8. Exploring the shops in both parks and finding the perfect Disney ornament to give to friends.
7. Sitting on a bench, eating a big gingerbread cookie from the Blue Ribbon Bakery and watching families celebrate at the parks.
6. Finding the ideal location to take a holiday photo with my mom (The giant Christmas tree on Main Street is always a winner, and we’ve found some fun spots in “Santa’s Reindeer Round-up,” too).
5. Listening to the carolers on Main Street, U.S.A.
4. Watching “A Christmas Fantasy” parade and imagining that I’m graceful enough to dance like those performers.
3. Sailing through “it’s a small world” holiday with a little kid. I love the experience even more when I can also experience it through a child’s eyes.
2. Experiencing Haunted Mansion Holiday featuring Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
1. Drinking hot cocoa while watching “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks show, listening to a touching rendition of “White Christmas,” and waiting for the nightly snowfall to cascade around me.
I know that for some of us it seems too early to be thinking about the holidays, so maybe this video will help get you in the spirit. Please tell me what you love most about the Holidays at Disney Parks.