Like many of you, I can’t wait to visit the new pizzeria coming to Epcot’s Italy Pavilion. But there’s another “must do” at Italy…and it’s happening this month — Carnevale Di Venezia. Beginning February 8, the “Carnival of Venice” celebration will feature special chef-inspired lunch and dinner menus at the Tutto Italia presented by servers wearing those amazing handmade Venetian masks masks and costumes. The strolling musical trio “Viva Venezia” will also serenade you during dinners.
Menus at the event include an appetizer, entrée and dessert.
- Lunch ($19 per guest) will be served daily from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Dinner ($29 per guest) will be served from 4:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
Carnevale di Venezia runs through February 16. If you’re interested in learning more about the event, call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463).
We’re sharing the recipe for the Fileto Di Pesce Al Melograno (Halibut with Pomegranate Sauce). It’ll be featured during dinner service.
FILETO DI PESCE AL MELOGRANO (HALIBUT WITH POMEGRANATE SAUCE)
1 3/4 pounds halibut fillet (1 1/2 inches thick), cut into 4 even portions
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons chopped shallots
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup pure pomegranate juice
1 tablespoon butter
For the halibut:
- Season the halibut with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat until just starting to smoke.
- Carefully place the halibut in the oil and cook for 4minutes each side, turning once, until golden brown on each side.
For the pomegranate sauce:
- Boil wine and shallots over medium-high heat in heavy small saucepan for approximately 2 minutes or until most of wine has evaporated.
- Add heavy cream and pomegranate juice and bring to a boil for approximately 5 minutes or until reduced to 3/4 cup.
- Whisk in butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over halibut before service.