In November, we announced the names of the 100 high school students who’ll be participating in this year’s Disney’s Dreamers Academy with Steve Harvey at Walt Disney World. Now we’re excited to share this year’s keynote speaker — singer/producer/actress Mary J. Blige.
Blige is being joined by a list of other celebrities scheduled to share their “blueprints for success” at this year’s event. The list includes:
- R&B star Cupid
- Actor Roshon Fagen (“Camp Rock”)
- Celebrity Chef Jeff Henderson
- CNN correspondent Christopher Lawrence
- Actor Daniel Curtis Lee (“Disney’s Zeke & Luther”)
- Songstress Kimberley Locke
- Actors Chris (“Zoey 101”) and Kyle (“Cory in the House”) Massey
- Actress Tamara Mowry (“Sister, Sister”)
- Producer Will Packer (“Stomp The Yard”)
- Singer Ruben Studdard
- Gospel Group Trin-i-tee 5:7
- Celebrity trainer Harvey Walden
Also, Sherri Shepherd, actress and co-host of “The View,” will return to host the celebrity conversations and Gospel Star Yolanda Adams will speak at the event’s opening ceremony.
As many of you already know, the “Dreamers” program offers amazing experiences for young adults at our parks. They participate in interactive workshops learning Walt Disney Imagineering techniques, entertainment and the business of sports. One of the main goals of the upcoming program is to inspire the students to take what they learn back to their communities and help others realize their dreams.
The event is not open to the public. Disney’s Dreamers Academy events are also made possible by the generosity of Eastman Kodak. You can learn more about the program at steveharvey.com/disneysdreamersacademy.