In case you missed it, we revealed several changes to the recently-renovated Rivers of America in May, and today, we’re sharing some video that shows some of these enhancements.
Here’s a recap of some of the major changes:
- The area was themed in a brand-new way and divided into four regions to resemble the areas around four U.S. rivers: the Mississippi, the Columbia, the Potomac and the Rio Grande.
- A new, 2,500-foot track for the Mark Twain Riverboat and the Sailing Ship Columbia was installed for the first time since the park opened in 1955.
- For the first time, live animals have been introduced to the banks of the river, and a corral was built just for them. Don’t miss the real, live horse in the video. It’s real – it’s not an Audio Animatronic!
- The burning cabin was re-themed. The new resident of the cabin is none other than Mike Fink, Davy Crockett’s rival and later his friend. Mike Fink’s Keel Boat can now be found in front of the cabin.
There are several new scenes in the attraction, including:
- Deer drinking from a creek
- Native American braves on Tom Sawyer Island
- Raccoons spied by a skunk
- Mountain lions hiding in the grass
How many new scenes did you see in the video? Do you have a favorite addition that I haven’t mentioned here?