Every year I want to get my holiday shopping done early. Despite having access to tons of unique shops at Disney, it never seems to happen. So to help everyone (including me), I have compiled a list of my top seven or so gift ideas from Disney Theme Park Merchandise.
- Duffy the Disney Bear – He is super cute, extremely cuddly and ever so adorable. Duffy comes in a variety of sizes – pre-dressed 12-inch bears, 17-inch bears that you can dress, and the super massive 28-inch bears (which are perfect for big hugs). Give a Duffy and encourage your loved ones to take him on their adventures. You can even follow Duffy on his official Facebook page.
- Vinylmation – There are a variety of styles and designs to collect, ranging from 1.5-inch to 3-inch to limited edition 9-inch figures. I love that many figures are already “wrapped” in mystery boxes (I can’t wrap gifts well). The D-Street locations in California and Florida have the best selection. My favorite item this season is the Vinylmation ice cube tray with 3-inch figure (1,000 bonus points to the first person to bring me Vinylmation chocolates). Oh, you can follow the creativity on the Vinylmation Facebook page.
- D-Tech – If you are seeking a splash of Disney for your newest electronic item check out the D-Tech brand of electronic accessories. There are plenty of choices, from covers for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 to laptop sleeves to iPad mobile electronic device covers. My personal favorite is the Mickey Mouse executive portfolio case which I use for my iPad. Visit the World of Disney Store for the best selection.
- Lightning McQueen – I recently heard the product developers for toys and games playing with what sounded like a race car. Turns out it was the Lightning McQueen infrared remote control vehicle. Shine the light from the handheld contraption and McQueen will chase it around the room. As you can imagine, we had some fun that afternoon.
- Tangled – For your princess, there is the new Rapunzel doll that has 17-inches of long golden hair. Better yet if you are visiting Disney Parks, ask for the Tangled Package at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to become Rapunzel for a day. Of course, family night at the movies is also recommended (“Tangled” was great!).
- World Showcase at Epcot – I love shopping the world in a day! Here are a handful of my favorites gifts from the eleven countries of World Showcase: maple syrup from Canada; tea from England; perfume from France; a fez hat from Morocco; delicious candy or relaxing incense from Japan; a figurine by Jim Shore from The American Adventure; a bottle of wine and a decorative stopper from Italy; chocolate caramel covered strawberries from Karamell-Küche in Germany Pavilion; a silk robe from China Pavilion; warm winter clothing from Norway; or decorative wood carvings from Mexico.
- The Disney Gallery on Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland Park – This is one of the first shops I typically visit when in California. The gallery reopened this year in the former Bank of Main Street building and it is beautiful. There are many wonderfully themed gifts celebrating classic Disneyland attractions like The Haunted Mansion or, my favorite, Walt Disney’s The Enchanted Tiki Room (hint to my family – I think there is an Aloha shirt there with my name on it).
If you aren’t visiting the Parks anytime soon, don’t fret. You can find many of these items on our on-line store – DisneyParks.com/Store.
Now it is your turn. Do you have a favorite gift item you have discovered at Disney Parks? If so, please share as I’m sure we could all use some inspiration this season.