Here on the Disney Parks Blog, we are able to share many different stories with you: from park updates and news to special deals and events. One topic that is always a favorite of readers is the history of Disney Parks. Here’s a look at our top Disney History posts.
Top 5: Disney History
- This Day in History: Walt Disney World Resort Officially Opens – 1971 – On October 1, 1971, the Walt Disney World Resort officially opened, including Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Resort and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
- Happy Anniversary, Disneyland! – George Kalogridis, president of the Disneyland Resort, looks back on the resort’s history to mark its 55th anniversary.
- Signs of the Times – Take a look at the signs that have welcomed guests to Disneyland Resort.
- First Kid to Run Through Sleeping Beauty Castle Now Guards the Resort – Robb Fischle was one of the lucky kids who ran through Sleeping Beauty Castle for the very first time when Disneyland park opened on July 17, 1955.
- Meet the ‘Club 55ers’ – Few people can say they worked with Walt Disney when he launched Disneyland park, but those who can are known as “Club 55ers.”
I went to WDW Magic Kingdom on the second day it opened, in October 1971! I was an exchange student and went back to Italy shortly thereafter. I now live in Florida and I am a regular visitor to WDW, where my family has gathered many great and fond memories. I still have the slides from that first visit: the park sure has changed!!!!
dont ever stop posting stuff like this i could spend me hole life reading about the history of Disney. stuff like this makes me wish i was born before 1984 !!. I read every day, absolutely my #1 site every morning!!
l was six when l first went to disneyland park then in 2009 l went back with my grandkids thay had so much fun my husband wants to go back just me and him to see all the thing me and him diddent get to see l remeber the elafent that sprayed water that l dident see it was close 2009 no matter how young or old you have a good time at disneyland so much to see thank you walt for bring lots of joy for the young and old
We miss you Walt! You brought us alot of wonderful memories by opening Disneyland!